Thread: The Kansas City Magic?

Default The Kansas City Magic?

Could happen:

Click me

I didn't know this was even a possibility; Orlando Magic moving to Kansas City. That'd be..... weird. And it would screw with the new divisional alignments.

Default Re: The Kansas City Magic?

I think if that happened, Kansas City would be in the West and Memphis would move East. At least that makes sense, geographically wise.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

I doubt there'd be any realignment.

I hope the Magic move to Kansas City.

No, they need to move to St. Louis. That way, the Pacers and the other former ABA teams don't have to keep paying royalties to the former owners of the Spirit.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, they need to move to St. Louis. That way, the Pacers and the other former ABA teams don't have to keep paying royalties to the former owners of the Spirit.
    Boy, that's the truth. Why Kansas City? They already lost a basketball and hockey team.

The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

And that's probably why Vancouver DIDN"T move there. I'd love to see KC and even St. L get NBA bball. Get the NBA back out to middle America and make it a national sport rather than a "all the teams you want to see are on a coast" league.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What was wrong with Kansas City 20 years ago? Was fan support the problem with the Kings before they moved to Omaha and then onto Sacramento? Wasn't Kemper Arena brand new when the Kings went to KC back in the day?

What is so different now?

I know Orlando is on the hook for a new arena, but for some reason I could see the Hornets franchise moving to KC before Orlando because New Orleans has major questions reguarding fan support and sponser support.

Thank God we got the Fieldhouse...because these stories always seem to follow small market teams.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think Kansas City could support an NBA team.IMO they have one of the best fan bases for an NFL team.I mean when the Colts played them in the playoffs (Which where the Colts were the underdogs)The place was as loud as a Jet plane taking off.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

I'm still waiting for my Las Vegas Hornets...
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I agree that the Jazz---oops, , the Hornets should leave New Orleans. Nobody is going to the games.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    I'm still waiting for my Las Vegas Hornets...
    You may have a better chance at having the Las Vegas Kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming
    What was wrong with Kansas City 20 years ago? Was fan support the problem with the Kings before they moved to Omaha and then onto Sacramento? Wasn't Kemper Arena brand new when the Kings went to KC back in the day?
    That's a very good question.

Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

This was supposed to be a witty comment about the fact that the Magic would still be able to use the weather as a recruitment ploy, but I couldn't figure out how to put it together. The idea is to reference H.Charlie without being too obvious.

Somebody help me. My brain has leaked out of my ear.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!