Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 123

Thread: Psycho T is back

  1. #1
    Member luis3ep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    247

    Default Psycho T is back

    Just thought I'd leave this here..


  2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to luis3ep For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  3. #2
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Psycho T is back

    Beat me to it.

  4. #3

    Default Re: Psycho T is back

    I think I've read AJ's back scrimmaging too. Anyone know if Collison's cast has come off, and if he can play?

  5. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Psycho T is back

    Nice, now we got our power forward

  6. #5
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Psycho T is back

    Now, I start praying that this holds up and he can start most of his rookie year.

  7. #6
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,513

    Default Re: Psycho T is back

    Let's get the season going.....



    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  9. #7
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,791

    Default Re: Psycho T is back

    Why are we hearing mixed statuses for Hansbrough? One week we're told hes better, then a week after we're told hes not, and now we're back to "hes back"

    Its really hard to beleive that hes back after hearing these mixed reviews.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  10. The Following User Says Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post:


  11. #8
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Psycho T is back

    Yeah, all of the conflicting reports are...

    dizzying

    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:


  13. #9
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,975

    Default Re: Psycho T is back

    Good news. I am happy to hear that because I love the way he plays the game.

    However, there's no way I'm getting my hopes up on that. Let's see where he is after about 6 months of play.

  14. #10
    Member ChristianDudley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,575

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Psycho T is back

    I heard about a week or 2 ago that Daren Collison was "running with" the rest of the guys, meaning playing some pickup games with Roy/PG/Rush/Magnum/Price/etc. Good to hear Tyler is back and it is great to hear all of our young guys "healing" right before training camp starts.

  15. #11

    Default Re: Psycho T is back

    This is wonderful news. I'm really hoping Tyler can come out and shock the league this year. I still am baffled about what the heck happened to him though.

  16. #12
    Member odeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    3,776

    Default Re: Psycho T is back

    I hope it's true, it would a big lift for us!
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

  17. #13
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Psycho T is back

    Quote Originally Posted by BBQ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is wonderful news. I'm really hoping Tyler can come out and shock the league this year. I still am baffled about what the heck happened to him though.
    Three things.

    1. I completely agree with this post.

    2. Your screenname is awesome.

    3. Your avatar is awesome.

    --pizza
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

    BBQ

  19. #14
    Member Pacers#1Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,781

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Psycho T is back

    Very encouraging news. Along with hearing Lance is back in Conseco this has been a pretty good day for Pacers' nation.

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacers#1Fan For This Useful Post:


  21. #15
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,151

    Default Re: Psycho T is back

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why are we hearing mixed statuses for Hansbrough? One week we're told hes better, then a week after we're told hes not, and now we're back to "hes back"

    Its really hard to beleive that hes back after hearing these mixed reviews.
    I know I heard Tyler was playing sometime this summer? It wasn't with the Pacers or under their care, but I heard he was playing pickup somewhere.

    I think I'll take PG's word for it that he's back!!

  22. #16
    Member ChristianDudley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,575

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Psycho T is back

    I can't wait to see Hansbrough back with the Pacers actually on the court throwing opponents on the floor LOLOLOLOLOL. I remember last year against the Bucks somewhere at the end of the game, I think we were getting blown out as well, but Hansbrough didn't care one bit and he threw Bogut to the ground, threw down a thunderous dunk, and then stared at Bogut and stepped over him and ran down the other way haha. If Tyler can stay healthy, I'd love for him to be our starting PF--imo, he's perfect next to Hibbert.

  23. #17

    Default Re: Psycho T is back

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianDudley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't wait to see Hansbrough back with the Pacers actually on the court throwing opponents on the floor LOLOLOLOLOL. I remember last year against the Bucks somewhere at the end of the game, I think we were getting blown out as well, but Hansbrough didn't care one bit and he threw Bogut to the ground, threw down a thunderous dunk, and then stared at Bogut and stepped over him and ran down the other way haha. If Tyler can stay healthy, I'd love for him to be our starting PF--imo, he's perfect next to Hibbert.
    Oh man, I remember that. Tyler has an on and an off button (i'm not sure he has the off button actually). If he is on the floor you better be ready to play. I wonder though how he and Roy would do in terms of rebounding the basketball.

  24. #18
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Psycho T is back

    I'm pretty sure that Psycho T is just going to scare the other team away from the rebounds. Also, I like to think that with Roy's improved conditioning, and work with Bill Walton, he's going to be better in every facet of the game.

    I tend to subscribe to the thinking that Dudley just expressed, that Hans is perfect next to Hungry Hungry Hibbert.

    --pizza
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  25. #19

    Default Re: Psycho T is back

    Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm pretty sure that Psycho T is just going to scare the other team away from the rebounds. Also, I like to think that with Roy's improved conditioning, and work with Bill Walton, he's going to be better in every facet of the game.

    I tend to subscribe to the thinking that Dudley just expressed, that Hans is perfect next to Hungry Hungry Hibbert.

    --pizza
    I saw Roy in the grocery store a couple days ago, he is looking huge. He used to have no shoulders, no arm strength. He looks strong and in great shape right now..

  26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ReginaldWayne For This Useful Post:


  27. #20
    This Thing Is Working® O'Bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    210

    Default Re: Psycho T is back

    Quote Originally Posted by BBQ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder though how he and Roy would do in terms of rebounding the basketball.
    Good question. I'd expand that to: how would the whole team do when Tyler and Roy are on the floor together? They actually did not play a lot of minutes together last year, but it looks like that could change this year.

    On the defensive end, rebounding is in large part a function of recovering from team defense to cordon off the restricted area, or hopefully a little more. So a guy who blocks out religiously is helping the team get the ball off the board even if he isn't getting a lot of rebounds himself.

    Roy took on more responsibility for the team defense last year, and he was especially productive blocking and changing shots - one of the most productive centers in the league at that, in fact. It was a big reason that the Pacers were a substantially improved defensive team. But he's got to improve his selection so that he doesn't get himself out of position for the rebound (an occasion when he fouls, as well).

    Roy is way below average on the defensive board, but he's only a little below average on the offensive board. How about a goal for him of average on the defensive board, and substantially above on the offensive?

    The Pacers rebounded the ball on the defensive board best when Foster was in the game, and second best when Tyler was in the game. On the offensive board they were best when Tyler was in the game.

    Remember that Larry Bird challenged Danny Granger to become a better rebounder this year.

    Last year, Brandon Rush was one of the top rebounders among shooting guards, especially on the defensive board.


    I think that the single best thing they could do to improve the defense is become an average defensive rebounding team; if you wanted to argue that reduced fouling is a higher priority, I would concede your point, but I'd add that reducing the number of second shots is one of the best ways to reduce fouling, so you're actually working to solve both problems. The Pacers' field goal defense was already quite good last year, but getting the first rebound would also help with that. That's why I think that defensive rebounding should be the priority.

    .
    Last edited by O'Bird; 09-14-2010 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Solutions
    :

    "Defense doesn't break down on the help, it breaks down on the recovery." - Chuck Daly

    "The first shot does not beat you." - Chuck Daly

    "To play defense and not foul is an art that must be mastered if you are going to be successful." - Chuck Daly

  28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to O'Bird For This Useful Post:


  29. #21
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Psycho T is back

    Now it looks like we have a starting PF and an even better shot at the playoffs.

  30. #22
    A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Farmerstucky
    Posts
    1,222

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Psycho T is back

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianDudley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't wait to see Hansbrough back with the Pacers actually on the court throwing opponents on the floor LOLOLOLOLOL. I remember last year against the Bucks somewhere at the end of the game, I think we were getting blown out as well, but Hansbrough didn't care one bit and he threw Bogut to the ground, threw down a thunderous dunk, and then stared at Bogut and stepped over him and ran down the other way haha. If Tyler can stay healthy, I'd love for him to be our starting PF--imo, he's perfect next to Hibbert.
    Yes!!! That still brings a smile to my face. I remember sitting in my chair and LMAO
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

  31. #23
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Psycho T is back

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's get the season going.....

    Uhh, no. Pacers season=less Halo Reach time.

  32. #24
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,708

    Default Re: Psycho T is back

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why are we hearing mixed statuses for Hansbrough? One week we're told hes better, then a week after we're told hes not, and now we're back to "hes back"

    Its really hard to beleive that hes back after hearing these mixed reviews.
    This was discussed I think in another thread. Pacers have reasons to be cautious and reasons to publically not allowing him practice full speed. Legal reasons, nothing wrong with protecting the NBA and the organization

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  34. #25
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,708

    Default Re: Psycho T is back

    Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I tend to subscribe to the thinking that Dudley just expressed, that Hans is perfect next to Hungry Hungry Hibbert.

    --pizza
    I cwertainly hope you are right, I have my doubts, but we really haven't seen enough to know. (defense might be a problem, although Tyler surprised me with his lateral quickness, so I'm willing to wait a see)

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Hummel back on the court
    By Kegboy in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-04-2010, 02:35 PM
  2. Back Home Again In Indiana
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 10:16 AM
  3. More on possibility of Artest coming back
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 02-06-2005, 11:57 PM
  4. <Place name of thread here>
    By MSA2CF in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-18-2004, 07:17 PM
  5. partial log from chat
    By able in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 11:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •