Default Psycho T is back

Just thought I'd leave this here..

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to luis3ep For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Mood

Default Re: Psycho T is back

Beat me to it.

I think I've read AJ's back scrimmaging too. Anyone know if Collison's cast has come off, and if he can play?

Banned

Nice, now we got our power forward

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Now, I start praying that this holds up and he can start most of his rookie year.

Let's get the season going.....

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Why are we hearing mixed statuses for Hansbrough? One week we're told hes better, then a week after we're told hes not, and now we're back to "hes back"

Its really hard to beleive that hes back after hearing these mixed reviews.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post:

Mood

Yeah, all of the conflicting reports are...

dizzying

BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

Good news. I am happy to hear that because I love the way he plays the game.

However, there's no way I'm getting my hopes up on that. Let's see where he is after about 6 months of play.

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

I heard about a week or 2 ago that Daren Collison was "running with" the rest of the guys, meaning playing some pickup games with Roy/PG/Rush/Magnum/Price/etc. Good to hear Tyler is back and it is great to hear all of our young guys "healing" right before training camp starts.

This is wonderful news. I'm really hoping Tyler can come out and shock the league this year. I still am baffled about what the heck happened to him though.

I hope it's true, it would a big lift for us!
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BBQ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is wonderful news. I'm really hoping Tyler can come out and shock the league this year. I still am baffled about what the heck happened to him though.
    Three things.

1. I completely agree with this post.

2. Your screenname is awesome.

3. Your avatar is awesome.

--pizza
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

18. The Following User Says Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

BBQ

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Very encouraging news. Along with hearing Lance is back in Conseco this has been a pretty good day for Pacers' nation.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacers#1Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    Why are we hearing mixed statuses for Hansbrough? One week we're told hes better, then a week after we're told hes not, and now we're back to "hes back"

I know I heard Tyler was playing sometime this summer? It wasn't with the Pacers or under their care, but I heard he was playing pickup somewhere.

I think I'll take PG's word for it that he's back!!

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

I can't wait to see Hansbrough back with the Pacers actually on the court throwing opponents on the floor LOLOLOLOLOL. I remember last year against the Bucks somewhere at the end of the game, I think we were getting blown out as well, but Hansbrough didn't care one bit and he threw Bogut to the ground, threw down a thunderous dunk, and then stared at Bogut and stepped over him and ran down the other way haha. If Tyler can stay healthy, I'd love for him to be our starting PF--imo, he's perfect next to Hibbert.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianDudley View Post
    I can't wait to see Hansbrough back with the Pacers actually on the court throwing opponents on the floor LOLOLOLOLOL. I remember last year against the Bucks somewhere at the end of the game, I think we were getting blown out as well, but Hansbrough didn't care one bit and he threw Bogut to the ground, threw down a thunderous dunk, and then stared at Bogut and stepped over him and ran down the other way haha. If Tyler can stay healthy, I'd love for him to be our starting PF--imo, he's perfect next to Hibbert.
    Oh man, I remember that. Tyler has an on and an off button (i'm not sure he has the off button actually). If he is on the floor you better be ready to play. I wonder though how he and Roy would do in terms of rebounding the basketball.

Mood

I'm pretty sure that Psycho T is just going to scare the other team away from the rebounds. Also, I like to think that with Roy's improved conditioning, and work with Bill Walton, he's going to be better in every facet of the game.

I tend to subscribe to the thinking that Dudley just expressed, that Hans is perfect next to Hungry Hungry Hibbert.

--pizza
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Psycho T is just going to scare the other team away from the rebounds. Also, I like to think that with Roy's improved conditioning, and work with Bill Walton, he's going to be better in every facet of the game.

I tend to subscribe to the thinking that Dudley just expressed, that Hans is perfect next to Hungry Hungry Hibbert.

--pizza
    I saw Roy in the grocery store a couple days ago, he is looking huge. He used to have no shoulders, no arm strength. He looks strong and in great shape right now..

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ReginaldWayne For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BBQ View Post
    I wonder though how he and Roy would do in terms of rebounding the basketball.
    Good question. I'd expand that to: how would the whole team do when Tyler and Roy are on the floor together? They actually did not play a lot of minutes together last year, but it looks like that could change this year.

On the defensive end, rebounding is in large part a function of recovering from team defense to cordon off the restricted area, or hopefully a little more. So a guy who blocks out religiously is helping the team get the ball off the board even if he isn't getting a lot of rebounds himself.

Roy took on more responsibility for the team defense last year, and he was especially productive blocking and changing shots - one of the most productive centers in the league at that, in fact. It was a big reason that the Pacers were a substantially improved defensive team. But he's got to improve his selection so that he doesn't get himself out of position for the rebound (an occasion when he fouls, as well).

Roy is way below average on the defensive board, but he's only a little below average on the offensive board. How about a goal for him of average on the defensive board, and substantially above on the offensive?

The Pacers rebounded the ball on the defensive board best when Foster was in the game, and second best when Tyler was in the game. On the offensive board they were best when Tyler was in the game.

Remember that Larry Bird challenged Danny Granger to become a better rebounder this year.

Last year, Brandon Rush was one of the top rebounders among shooting guards, especially on the defensive board.

I think that the single best thing they could do to improve the defense is become an average defensive rebounding team; if you wanted to argue that reduced fouling is a higher priority, I would concede your point, but I'd add that reducing the number of second shots is one of the best ways to reduce fouling, so you're actually working to solve both problems. The Pacers' field goal defense was already quite good last year, but getting the first rebound would also help with that. That's why I think that defensive rebounding should be the priority.

Last edited by O'Bird; 09-14-2010 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Solutions
    :

"Defense doesn't break down on the help, it breaks down on the recovery." - Chuck Daly

"The first shot does not beat you." - Chuck Daly

"To play defense and not foul is an art that must be mastered if you are going to be successful." - Chuck Daly

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to O'Bird For This Useful Post:

Now it looks like we have a starting PF and an even better shot at the playoffs.

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianDudley View Post
    Yes!!! That still brings a smile to my face. I remember sitting in my chair and LMAO
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Let's get the season going.....

Uhh, no. Pacers season=less Halo Reach time.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post

This was discussed I think in another thread. Pacers have reasons to be cautious and reasons to publically not allowing him practice full speed. Legal reasons, nothing wrong with protecting the NBA and the organization

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post

--pizza
    I cwertainly hope you are right, I have my doubts, but we really haven't seen enough to know. (defense might be a problem, although Tyler surprised me with his lateral quickness, so I'm willing to wait a see)

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post: