Thread: 2 software programs needed

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default 2 software programs needed

I am looking for a program to cut 2 scenes from a dvd that i can then insert into a power point and a program that will let me cut 15 second clips our of songs. I have found many on the web, but am looking for ones that work. Free ones are preferable. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: 2 software programs needed

DVD Shrink (free) will let you cut out a scene or whatever. Essentially, you cut away the whole 'movie' except for the 5 mins or whatever you want to keep and then 'reauthor' the DVD.

Then you'll have it in the standard DVD format saved to your hard drive (VOB file). Nero can change a VOB file to an MPEG and a lot of people have Nero (though it's not a free program).

I'm thinking Dr Divx can do the same.

Isn't there a free program called "Super" (or Super something) that can do a lot of different conversions?

I'm not up on Power Point so I'm assuming it can't work with a VOB file but can a MPEG or maybe AVI...

It seems like DVD Shrink had a sister program that could convert DVD's to AVI's...

Oh well.. Not much definitive help there for you but maybe some Google searches on the above will help you get the exact answer you need.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

For the audio: audacity is a nice, free open source pick up. You'll need Lame to encode your output, but you can get the .dll from the Audacity site.

For the Video: DVD43 for the DVD decryption and Handbrake for the ripping and conversion. These are also both open source free programs.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thanks. I'll give all of those a try over the next few days. I used to have LAME on my computer when i made some ring tomes. Forgot all about that.