Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: I bowled a 300 tonight!

  1. #1
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default I bowled a 300 tonight!



    I've been bowling since I was old enough to join a league, with the exception of the last four years since I got married. Well, this year, I got back into the league on Tuesday nights, and didn't expect a whole lot starting out. Tonight was the second week of the flippin' league, and I bowled a 300!

    This post is just a chance for all of you to pat me on the back because I'm feelin' pretty darn good about it tonight. I've told all the people I know in the real world, so I had to come in here and tell all my PD friends too! I'm stoked! I got close when I was about 15 or 16, I shot a 287 cuz I choked on the 11th shot. But, I got it tonight!



    not sure if this fits better in here or in the Locker Room, but I don't really care, lol
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,630

    Default Re: I bowled a 300 tonight!

    Very cool! That's a really great accomplishment.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  4. #3

    Default Re: I bowled a 300 tonight!

    I'm torn between making a subtle reference to soup and making a subtle reference to Thermopalae.

    So I'll just say, "Congratulations."




    Bowling > golf.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

  5. #4
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,267
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I bowled a 300 tonight!

    WOO WOO!! Pizza Guy that is a TREMENDOUS accomplishment! Too bad bowling isn't looked upon as it was when I was young, you'd be a superstar around here!!


    Congrats.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  6. #5
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,826

    Default Re: I bowled a 300 tonight!

    I thought bowling leagues were all about drinkin' beer and smokin'? I think you're doing it wrong......

    Seriously, though, that's very cool. I've broken 200 a few times and I thought that was pretty good......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  7. #6
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,943

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I bowled a 300 tonight!

    Pretty cool.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  8. #7
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: I bowled a 300 tonight!

    Great!

  9. #8
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,246
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I bowled a 300 tonight!

    Nice job. I can't even do that on the Wii.

  10. #9
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I bowled a 300 tonight!

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought bowling leagues were all about drinkin' beer and smokin'? I think you're doing it wrong......

    Seriously, though, that's very cool. I've broken 200 a few times and I thought that was pretty good......
    Well now that I've accomplished the 300, I think I can shift my focus to that. LoL
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  11. #10
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I bowled a 300 tonight!

    I've hit around 200 once or twice as well, nothing better. But man, what a great accomplishment. Congratulations!

  12. #11
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I bowled a 300 tonight!

    Congrats, I'm lucky if I break 100.

  13. #12
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,303
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I bowled a 300 tonight!

    How many games did it take you?

  14. #13
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,303
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I bowled a 300 tonight!

    BTW congrats.... Awesome accomplishment.

  15. #14
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,129

    Default Re: I bowled a 300 tonight!

    Congrats!
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  16. #15
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,129

    Default Re: I bowled a 300 tonight!

    Wait... this deserves a dancing fruit too!
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  18. #16

    Default Re: I bowled a 300 tonight!

    Congrats!

  19. #17
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,468

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I bowled a 300 tonight!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pig Nash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Congrats, I'm lucky if I break 100.
    I hear that!

    Congrats Pizza guy!

  20. #18
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,298

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I bowled a 300 tonight!


  21. #19
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,449
    Mood

    Default Re: I bowled a 300 tonight!

    Congrats man, was there any alcohol involved? I wonder why because I bowled a 264 one night with a few of our friends after 2 long islands. I was just a little relaxed and got hot.

  22. #20
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I bowled a 300 tonight!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Congrats man, was there any alcohol involved? I wonder why because I bowled a 264 one night with a few of our friends after 2 long islands. I was just a little relaxed and got hot.
    Usually if I drink and get hot, it means I'm about to ralph.

  23. #21
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I bowled a 300 tonight!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Congrats man, was there any alcohol involved? I wonder why because I bowled a 264 one night with a few of our friends after 2 long islands. I was just a little relaxed and got hot.
    Only after I rolled it, my brother bought me a beer. I'm not a real big drinker (nor do I like spending the money on it), and I take my bowling too serious to do it drunk, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Usually if I drink and get hot, it means I'm about to ralph.
    QFT.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  24. #22
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,449
    Mood

    Default Re: I bowled a 300 tonight!

    Yeah, I'm not a good bowler drunk either, but my game does get better with 1 or 2 drinks. Maybe me being able to relax a little helps.

Similar Threads

  1. Andy Richter reuniting with Conan O'Brien for Tonight Show!
    By Hicks in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 09:31 PM
  2. What I Liked Tonight 42.01
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 11:50 AM
  3. Interesting game tonight
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-02-2005, 01:24 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-26-2005, 10:00 AM
  5. <Place name of thread here>
    By MSA2CF in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-18-2004, 07:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •