Thread: IKL III - PREPARE TO LAUNCH!

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Default IKL III - PREPARE TO LAUNCH!

Welcome to the Pacers Digest International Keeper League 2010/2011 Season!

After another dominant performance and championship by Bulldog, we're ready to start again and get this train rolling! There's a good deal to cover here, so I'll get right to it.

1) NEW COMMISSIONER
    This will be my first season as commish. I'm sure the job isn't easy, and I hope that if I mess anything up, the first reaction will be to communicate with me so I can make things right. I'll be here. Just give me a shout and we'll work it out.

2) CONTACT INFORMATION NEEDED
    Sports.ws has made an unexpected, small but fairly drastic change: They have discontinued the practice of showing a member's email in their profile. This makes perfect sense in protecting the privacy of members, but I was relying on that in order to get a full contact list for all of our members.

ACTION: Please send me a message or email me at kentbell@twobytwelve.com. I need:
    - Your preferred email
    - Your PD User Name
    - Your SPORTS.WS User Name
    - OPTIONAL - Your phone number *only* if you would like to receive text alerts when it is your turn to draft. This has been a tremendous help to leagues in the past, I promise this information will not be shared and will not be abused.

3) LEAGUE EXPANSION
    The league previously passed a vote to expand to 20 teams this season, and that is still on the calendar. Mourning has agreed to join us and I am currently in the recruiting process to fill our final spot.

Here's the process:
    No later than 12:00 midnight Pacific time September 30, 2010, each existing owner will send me a "protected" list of 8 players, leaving 4 players "unprotected". BUT DON'T WORRY - once one player has been selected from your team, the rest of your "unprotected" players become "protected" and your team is off limits for the rest of the expansion draft. No team will lose more than one player and it will be a player you consider to be in the bottom 1/3 of your roster.

The two new owners will have a draft and select from the remaining players and any other eligible players from the 2009/2010 NBA season - NO 2010/2011 ROOKIES will be eligible for pickup. The expansion draft will stop once each team has 9 players.

The date of the expansion draft will be decided between myself and the two drafting owners. We'll work something out.

4) TRADING
    Our pre-season trade season will open up on September 1, 2010 and close briefly for the expansion draft. Trading will then resume once the expansion draft concludes.

5) REGULAR 2010 DRAFT
    The new expansion teams will likely be incredibly weak, so they will own the first and second pick in each round of the regular draft. They are welcome to trade these picks to other owners if they wish to acquire a marquee player that way. The remaining owners will follow the regular draft order after that. We will hold a vote in the Pacers Digest IKL board on when to turn in our 9-player regular draft protected lists and when to have our draft.

6) Set your rosters, stop by daily, take advantage of opportunity and HAVE SOME FUN!

More later,

Kent

Last edited by Los Angeles; 08-22-2010 at 11:12 AM.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Los Angeles For This Useful Post:

Default Re: IKL III - PREPARE TO LAUNCH!

I want to clarify one thing - There will be two protected lists this year: one for the expansion draft and one for the regular draft. Once the expansion draft is over, you'll be given a week or so to make trades or adjustments before you turn in your regular 9-man protected list for the regular draft.

Does that make sense?
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Los Angeles For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sounds good, LA.

You've got my email already so I'm good for right now, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Nash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds good, LA.

You've got my email already so I'm good for right now, yeah?
    Yep!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

got it.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

is the league created yet?

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    is the league created yet?
    Nope, but it will be, don't worry. I need to get everyone's information. There are a few that are missing entirely, PD has lost a few members, and others have a disconnect between user names. That takes priority above everything else right now.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Los Angeles For This Useful Post:

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

maybe jose might have their email addys on record? just a thought

I have a list from two years ago, but not last season..... sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    I have a list from two years ago, but not last season..... sorry.
    One or two of those might fill in a gap. Send what you have if it's handy.

This is a list of post draft date trades from last season. I got these from the site & will need to dig a little deeper to determine if any draft picks from this coming year were involved.

The bolded sections were taken from the Sports.ws trash talk board. I didn't see any other deals posted here on the PD, IKL league board.

My guess is that all other trades were just straight player for player deals

Transaction #691 - 02/03 19:05:25 - Enfield trades F Yi Jianlian (WAS), C Hasheem Thabeet (MEM), F Carl Landry (SAC) to Riley for G Manu Ginobili (SAS). Trade 2 gives me Soup's 2nd rounder as well.

Transaction #678 - 02/03 18:09:41 - Young trades G Michael Redd (MIL) to Gobias for FC Ben Wallace (DET). Young sends Michael Redd / '10 2nd Round pick for Ben Wallace

Transaction #622 - 02/03 17:29:40 - Enfield trades G Will Bynum (DET) to Riley for F Kevin Garnett (BOS). I am getting Soup's 1st round pick in the next draft as well.

Transaction #421 - 12/01 16:32:08 - Riley trades G Jason Kidd (DAL) to Venice for FC Channing Frye (PHO), G Aaron Brooks (HOU).

Transaction #249 - 11/12 07:55:47 - Nacogdoches trades GF Stephen Jackson (CHA), F Yi Jianlian (WAS) to Enfield for G Kevin Martin (HOU).

Transaction #256 - 11/08 22:58:27 - Nacogdoches trades G Mike Conley (MEM) to Venice for F Tayshaun Prince (DET).

Transaction #134 - 10/29 22:36:58 - Nacogdoches trades FC Dirk Nowitzki (DAL), GF Richard Jefferson (SAS) to DC for C Marc Gasol (MEM), GF Joe Johnson (ATL).
    Last edited by Jose Slaughter; 08-24-2010 at 12:47 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jose Slaughter For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    One or two of those might fill in a gap. Send what you have if it's handy.
    done.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jose Slaughter For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    Transaction #134 - 10/29 22:36:58 - Nacogdoches trades FC Dirk Nowitzki (DAL), GF Richard Jefferson (SAS) to DC for C Marc Gasol (MEM), GF Joe Johnson (ATL).
    I received Nash's 1st round pick and he received my 3rd round pick in this deal, as well.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Kuq_e_Zi91 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Forgot abou that. Thought i gave up a pick at some point.

The league page is up. Everyone should have received an invite by email. If you didn't get your invite, please let me know. Thanks!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Los Angeles For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

thanks kent, we have 12 teams now i think, hope the rest sign up soon.

My team is set up.