Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bulls in talks with Nuggets about Carmelo Anthony

Default Re: Bulls in talks with Nuggets about Carmelo Anthony

Kobe, Lebron, Durant, Wade, Dirk, Howard, Deron Williams, Chris Paul are guys I would personally take over Carmello. I think he could arguably be top 5 though

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

When talking top 5 players, age shouldn't matter. You're talking top 5 players right now.

Regardless, you're ignoring Durant, Dwight, Deron .... To add to the obvious Kobe, Lebron, Wade , and CP3. I'd take every one of those guys over Carmelo. That's just 7 off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When talking top 5 players, age shouldn't matter. You're talking top 5 players right now.

Regardless, you're ignoring Durant, Dwight, Deron .... To add to the obvious Kobe, Lebron, Wade , and CP3. I'd take every one of those guys over Carmelo. That's just 7 off the top of my head.
    Ahh yea Dwight is in the mix too and Durant and maybe Deron, anyone else you are adding to the list over Carmello would hurt your cred...

Also, age really does matter, especially in a thread about a potential trade.

Just for fun... List me the other 8 players you would want over Carmello for some good forum entertainment.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Jello Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by O'Bird View Post
    I think he can guard most 4's. The money's steep, but it's only two years. He's 28, but if they undertake re-building they may want to trade him now - why would he re-sign at age 30 when they're at the bottom of the cycle? It's not a good bet for them, I think.

Birdman is also intriguing - long term deal, like Deng until 2014 but it's for less than midlevel money (3.9 this year).
    I didn't consider Birdman....but I'd guess that the Nuggets would keep him due to his lower SalaryCap impact.

I know that Nene has some injury and contract concerns but I'd be okay if we were really looking for a strong rebounding presense inside to pair with Hibbert and Hansbrough.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    Just for fun... List me the other 8 players you would want over Carmello for some good forum entertainment.
    Wow, that's a new tactic. Act condescending about someone's opinion BEFORE it's even given. Interesting.

Regardless, I'm obviously not being very exact about this. I don't know exactly where I'd place Carmelo in a list, I just said he'd be lucky to be in the top 15. Pretty obvious I hadn't made a list or I'd have just said exactly where he was on my list. However I certainly knew he wasn't in the top 5. I've already come up with 7 players that I would easily take over Carmelo off the top of my head. My point is proven, and I'm not going to get dragged into a nitpicking personal list debate over something I wasn't at any point trying to be that specific about.

I understand this is open for individual interpretation and all, but I just don't see how a one dimensional player can be a top 5 player. He scores, but doesn't excel at rebounding, and he isn't a creator, or quality defender. He's also selfish at times. Career wise he shoots 1% better than Granger except he doesn't shoot nearly as many from the distance Danny does. So he's not overly efficient at the one thing he excels at, either. Just .... don't get it.

You must have a very strange top 4. Wow, top 5? He'd be lucky to be in the top 15 to me. He'd be the 3rd best player on the Heat. That's just one team.

Hey man, all I have to go on is what you type. This was your original response to me. So let's see you back it up.

I don't think he meant it the way you read it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

I can't believe how overrated Noah is around here.

Carmelo >>>>> Noah

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Basicly Noah is giving the Bulls the same production Tyson Chandler did while he was a Bull. If you have the opportunity to get top 10 quality player like Camello Anthony still in his prime only a year older than Noah you do it.

I see little upside for Noah , his game is based on hustle and desire ( like Jeff Foster) so I think what you see from Noah is pretty much his peak.

Add Anthony to Boozer and Rose with Brewer or Korver at sg, and pretty much any servicable center and the Bulls are a legit Eastern contender.
    Last edited by diamonddave00; 09-10-2010 at 03:09 PM.