Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35

Thread: Bulls in talks with Nuggets about Carmelo Anthony

  1. #1

    Default Bulls in talks with Nuggets about Carmelo Anthony

    According to ESPN: http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nb...ory?id=5550421

    "The Chicago Bulls are interested in trading for the Denver Nuggets' Carmelo Anthony and are discussing internally including Joakim Noah as part of the deal, according to a league source.

    ESPNChicago.com Bulls blog

    Bulls blog The latest news from Bulls reporter Nick Friedell. Blog

    According to the source, the Nuggets are hesitant to take back Luol Deng as part of a deal with the Bulls because Denver is leery of taking on long-term contracts with the collective bargaining agreement set to expire on June 30, 2011. Deng is two years into a six-year, $71 million contract.

    Noah will make $3.1 million this season in the fourth year of his rookie deal. He would become a restricted free agent next season unless the Bulls extend his contract.

    Yahoo! Sports reported Wednesday that an NBA source with knowledge of Anthony's wishes told him Anthony still hopes to convince Nuggets general manager Masai Ujiri to trade him, and he prefers a move to the New York Knicks or Bulls.

    The Nuggets offered Anthony a three-year, $65 million extension through 2014, but if he rejects it, the team will have to consider trading the forward who has guided them to seven straight playoff berths.

    "I think I'm going to convince him to be a Nugget," Ujiri said on Aug. 31. "No, I don't know, I can't make a judgment on that. Like I said, it's a process and until he tells me that ... we want him back, the city wants him back, ownership wants him back."

    Anthony has never come out and said he wanted to be traded, however.

    At his basketball camp this summer, Anthony dismissed all the speculation of his impending departure from Denver: "I've been hearing that for five years. I'm a Denver Nugget. I'm here, I'm with the Nuggets. I don't become a free agent until next year, if I decide not to take that extension."

    Anthony, 26, has averaged 24.7 points per game in his career, including 28.2 last season."


    Even if the Bulls have to give up Noah and Deng, this makes the East even that much tougher. Rose, Melo, Boozer and whoever else. Man I hope the Pacers can land another high profile player soon.

  2. #2
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,559
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls in talks with Nuggets about Carmelo Anthony

    Maybe the Pacers could help facilitate this trade somehow and end up with Noah alongside Roy in a twin tower configuration and send Rush and Ford to Denver? I am not sure how itcould actually work out that way, but it couldn't hurt to dream a little, could it?

    Maybe it could...

  3. #3
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls in talks with Nuggets about Carmelo Anthony

    I just don't think Denver would want to lose their Franchise player for a pothead and a player at a position they're pretty set at in PG.

    If anything, they'd want Danny, or maybe even a 1st rounder.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: Bulls in talks with Nuggets about Carmelo Anthony

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just don't think Denver would want to lose their Franchise player for a pothead and a player at a position they're pretty set at in PG.

    If anything, they'd want Danny, or maybe even a 1st rounder.
    Brad said help facilitate, not jump in with both feet, and that's what they would be doing if they included Granger.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:


  7. #5

    Default Re: Bulls in talks with Nuggets about Carmelo Anthony

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe the Pacers could help facilitate this trade somehow and end up with Noah alongside Roy in a twin tower configuration and send Rush and Ford to Denver? I am not sure how itcould actually work out that way, but it couldn't hurt to dream a little, could it?
    It doesn't hurt to dream about that, but that's about all you can do as far as getting Noah for Rush and Ford.

    This is a tough one for the Bulls. Without Noah, they don't have a legit center, no less one who can defend and rebound the way he does. But if you have an opportunity to get a Carmelo Anthony in his prime, you have to think long and hard about it.

  8. #6
    Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Port Charlotte, Florida
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,263
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls in talks with Nuggets about Carmelo Anthony

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It doesn't hurt to dream about that, but that's about all you can do as far as getting Noah for Rush and Ford.

    This is a tough one for the Bulls. Without Noah, they don't have a legit center, no less one who can defend and rebound the way he does. But if you have an opportunity to get a Carmelo Anthony in his prime, you have to think long and hard about it.
    They would have to trade Deng for a center. Or go small...

    Cannot pass up Carmelo!

  9. #7
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,634

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls in talks with Nuggets about Carmelo Anthony

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe the Pacers could help facilitate this trade somehow and end up with Noah alongside Roy in a twin tower configuration and send Rush and Ford to Denver? I am not sure how itcould actually work out that way, but it couldn't hurt to dream a little, could it?

    Maybe it could...
    My guess is that the Kings will be involved because they're the only team left that is way below the Salary Cap to absorb contracts while sending back a TPE.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  10. #8
    Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    515
    Mood

    Default Re: Bulls in talks with Nuggets about Carmelo Anthony

    There is no way Chicago can do this deal with out a 3rd team if Denver won't take Deng.

  11. #9
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls in talks with Nuggets about Carmelo Anthony

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brad said help facilitate, not jump in with both feet, and that's what they would be doing if they included Granger.
    I never said that the Pacers would make the deal. I'm just saying that's what Denver would want.

  12. #10
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Bulls in talks with Nuggets about Carmelo Anthony

    The Bulls shouldn't give up Noah to get Anthony. Noah is a guy you win championships with. Rose-Noah is the heart of that team for another decade.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:


  14. #11

    Default Re: Bulls in talks with Nuggets about Carmelo Anthony

    Quote Originally Posted by mildlysane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They would have to trade Deng for a center. Or go small...
    Then they would need a coach that prefers playing 'small ball'.

    I wonder where they could find one ????????????????????????????

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:


  16. #12
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,634

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls in talks with Nuggets about Carmelo Anthony

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Bulls shouldn't give up Noah to get Anthony. Noah is a guy you win championships with. Rose-Noah is the heart of that team for another decade.
    Then I don't see how the Bulls can get him then....you can't get him for nothing and Noah is the best Prospect that the Bulls have outside of Rose that any Team would want. I do not doubt that Deng is a solid Player...who would be the logical Player to include....but I just don't see anything happening without Noah being included.

    Speaking hypothetically....let's change this around....would you include Hibbert in any trade if the Pacers had a chance to get a Carmelo-level Player ( not Carmelo himself but someone like him ) while having the chance to keep Granger?

    I'd be very hesistant but would consider it if what we're getting in return is worth it.
    Last edited by CableKC; 09-09-2010 at 06:08 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  17. #13
    Remember #31 dohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,333

    Default Re: Bulls in talks with Nuggets about Carmelo Anthony

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then I don't see how the Bulls can get him then....you can't get him for nothing and Noah is the best Prospect that the Bulls have outside of Rose that any Team would want. I do not doubt that Deng is a solid Player...who would be the logical Player to include....but I just don't see anything happening without Noah being included.

    Speaking hypothetically....let's change this around....would you include Hibbert in any trade if the Pacers had a chance to get a Carmelo-level Player ( not Carmelo himself but someone like him ) while having the chance to keep Granger?

    I'd be very hesistant but would consider it if what we're getting in return is worth it.

    If you don't take the chance your a 500 team. Melo would make us 50+ game winners.

  18. #14

    Default Re: Bulls in talks with Nuggets about Carmelo Anthony

    The Bulls right now have a really balanced roster. Deng has a great mid-range game. Korver shot 54% percent from 3 last year. Boozer and Noah inside is a great combination. And of course Rose is a whirlwind out there...

    One of the ways in which Noah is really going to provide Chicago with great balance is on the defensive end of the court. He's very active, a very good defender, is a good help and weakside defender.... Boozer is one of the worst defensive big men in the league. He might be worse-than-Troy-Murphy bad. He's a guy who will stand aside on defense night in and night out and let his opponents do whatever they want.

    Yet, he's a good signing for Chicago because of Noah.

    If Chicago trades Noah in a package to bring in Carmelo Anthony, they will become an awful defensive team.

    The conventional wisdom is that whoever gets the best player wins the trade. In this case, I'm not sure I agree. I think this trade could make Chicago several orders of worse. They should not underestimate what Noah brings to that team.

  19. #15
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls in talks with Nuggets about Carmelo Anthony

    Melo would look kinda weird in a Bulls jersey.

  20. #16
    This Thing Is Working® O'Bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    210

    Default Jello Anthony

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Staverman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is no way Chicago can do this deal with out a 3rd team if Denver won't take Deng.
    Word. The rumor is that Denver wants draft picks, young players, and expirings; if they lose Anthony, which looks certain, then they're going to blow it up (which means that Chauncey Billups (and Nene? and Chris Andersen?) will also be available).

    If true, Indiana could be a participant in the deal, because they've got expirings and young players; the question then is: does Indiana want Deng? Because whatever else comes back, you've got to be happy getting him - he's signed through 2014 with some pretty impressive money. Worth it?

    I think that he'd fit well, basketball-wise. Superb wing defender, and can make shots in every midrange area plus both corner threes. Got to the line a fair amount, and is a grade-B FT shooter. Doesn't turn it over a lot... Doesn't get a lot of assists.

    I think it won't happen with Indiana.
    :
    :

    "Defense doesn't break down on the help, it breaks down on the recovery." - Chuck Daly

    "The first shot does not beat you." - Chuck Daly

    "To play defense and not foul is an art that must be mastered if you are going to be successful." - Chuck Daly

  21. #17
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,634

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jello Anthony

    Quote Originally Posted by O'Bird View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Word. The rumor is that Denver wants draft picks, young players, and expirings; if they lose Anthony, which looks certain, then they're going to blow it up (which means that Chauncey Billups (and Nene? and Chris Andersen?) will also be available).

    If true, Indiana could be a participant in the deal, because they've got expirings and young players; the question then is: does Indiana want Deng? Because whatever else comes back, you've got to be happy getting him - he's signed through 2014 with some pretty impressive money. Worth it?

    I think that he'd fit well, basketball-wise. Superb wing defender, and can make shots in every midrange area plus both corner threes. Got to the line a fair amount, and is a grade-B FT shooter. Doesn't turn it over a lot... Doesn't get a lot of assists.

    I think it won't happen with Indiana.
    :
    If they do blow it up....any interest in Nene if we could get involved somehow?

    He's more of a Center then PF....but I wouldn't mind living with a huge Frontcourt with Nene/Hibbert/Hansbrough for a season. Heck, I'd throw in Foster as well.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  22. #18
    Member bulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,586

    Default Re: Bulls in talks with Nuggets about Carmelo Anthony

    This would be a good test for the statheads. 'Melo does terribly on the advanced stats, Noah is Mr. Little Things. I'd be interested to see how much better or worse the Bulls would get.
    2010 IKL Fantasy Basketball Champion Baltimore Bulldogs

  23. #19
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,069

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls in talks with Nuggets about Carmelo Anthony

    I'd be very upset if Denver trades for Noah and Detroit makes no offer for Nene...

  24. #20
    This Thing Is Working® O'Bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    210

    Default Re: Jello Anthony

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If they do blow it up....any interest in Nene if we could get involved somehow?

    He's more of a Center then PF....but I wouldn't mind living with a huge Frontcourt with Nene/Hibbert/Hansbrough for a season. Heck, I'd throw in Foster as well.
    I think he can guard most 4's. The money's steep, but it's only two years. He's 28, but if they undertake re-building they may want to trade him now - why would he re-sign at age 30 when they're at the bottom of the cycle? It's not a good bet for them, I think.

    Birdman is also intriguing - long term deal, like Deng until 2014 but it's for less than midlevel money (3.9 this year).
    :

    "Defense doesn't break down on the help, it breaks down on the recovery." - Chuck Daly

    "The first shot does not beat you." - Chuck Daly

    "To play defense and not foul is an art that must be mastered if you are going to be successful." - Chuck Daly

  25. #21
    Member beezer615's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    111

    Default Re: Bulls in talks with Nuggets about Carmelo Anthony

    I think a Noah-Hibbert frontcourt might be one of the worst offensive sights in the league. Defensively it might be outstanding.

  26. #22
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,170

    Default Re: Bulls in talks with Nuggets about Carmelo Anthony

    Wow I can't believe the Bulls might be willing to give up Noah. I figured Deng and like Taj Gibson, James Johnson and draft pick or something.

    It'll be interesting to see what happens. I don't think he ends up with the Bulls

  27. #23

    Default Re: Bulls in talks with Nuggets about Carmelo Anthony

    Joakim Noah = a young Jeff Foster like role player.
    Deng = overpaid role player.

    Carmello Anthony = one of the top 5 players in the league.

    As far as Nene goes, I love his game. He is a defensive ace, he is a banger with shades of Dale Davis. He gets paid alot, so I dunno, but he is what the Pacers need. I wish the Pacers could be the team... Maybe in a couple of years superstars will want to come to Indy to play with DC.

  28. #24
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Bulls in talks with Nuggets about Carmelo Anthony

    Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anthony = one of the top 5 players in the league.
    You must have a very strange top 4. Wow, top 5? He'd be lucky to be in the top 15 to me. He'd be the 3rd best player on the Heat. That's just one team.

  29. #25

    Default Re: Bulls in talks with Nuggets about Carmelo Anthony

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You must have a very strange top 4. Wow, top 5? He'd be lucky to be in the top 15 to me. He'd be the 3rd best player on the Heat. That's just one team.
    The reason he might be 3rd best on the Heat is because he would be playing with 2 future HoFers... I mean c'mon man. If that is your argument, then it isn't one worth having.

    It's not that far of a stretch to say Carmello is one of the top 5 players in the NBA.

    Let's discuss who we think would be the in the mix. I say we have Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Carmello, CPaul if he is healthy? Who else are you going to put over those guys. You can say aging players such as Dirk, Duncan, Nash etc... but when you factor in age... well I hope you get it.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 01:20 PM
  2. Anthony prefers move to Bulls, Knicks
    By Pacemaker in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 01:32 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 01:20 AM
  4. Sources: Carmelo Anthony extension talks progressing [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 12:10 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2010, 07:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •