Thread: Getting settled in for the long haul

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Default Getting settled in for the long haul

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/blog_george_100908.html

I'm getting settled and Indy is starting to feel a lot more like home. At least I'm not living in a hotel anymore. I've got a spot literally five minutes from downtown so I can walk to work.

It's been good. Being settled there gives me the chance to really get around, know where the stores are and just be adapted more. Now that I've got my spot, when I have some downtime I can watch the cooking channels. When you're on your own you need to learn how to cook a meal for yourself.

The people here have welcomed me with open arms. It's starting to feel like I've been here for a while, starting to feel like this is home now. I've adjusted to the environment and me being here longer and longer, this is my primary place.

There hasn't been too much downtime, though. Along with a lot of the guys I've been working out at Conseco Fieldhouse. It almost feels like a 24/7 situation but it's been good for me, it's been beneficial. I'm trying to condition my body and get ready mentally for what we've got to go through in training camp. It's good that I've been here because the veterans already know what to do so it's important to stay in the same loop, on the same page, as them. And it's a good chance to get a lot of reps leading up to camp.

I'm starting to feel more comfortable with what coach (Jim O'Brien) wants me to do and how to really take care of the ball. I feel like I'm a totally different player from the beginning of summer league to now. It's just continuing the repetitions, starting to feel more comfortable, starting to be able to read plays and be able to create.

Even though camp is still three weeks away, we're doing some serious work now.

If I can get it down now, put the work in, put the time in, I'll be prepared and be on the same page as the veterans when it comes to training camp. That's why you put in this time in the summer, so training camp doesn't creep up on you.

I know to be great, or even to be decent, you have to put the work in. I want to be great so I want to put in extra work. You put in what you want to get out. I didn't expect it to be any other way.
    Sittin on top of the world!

Banned

Default Re: Getting settled in for the long haul

What's not to like?

Between Collison and PG seems like two bright, motivated individuals added to this team.

Their talent won't hurt either.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I, for one, think it's great that he's living downtown. I know it's small, but seeing players out and about doing their daily thing downtown has to generate positive feelings towards him, and the team as a whole.

The small things, that you never even think about, sometimes is something huge to another person.

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I, for one, think it's great that he's living downtown. I know it's small, but seeing players out and about doing their daily thing downtown has to generate positive feelings towards him, and the team as a whole.

The small things, that you never even think about, sometimes is something huge to another person.
    I agree 110% , I would love to see Nap build its downtown into a hot spot with good food and nightlife
    Sittin on top of the world!