Thread: Pacers cocktail party -- any info??

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pacers cocktail party -- any info??

So my family has been invited to the next Pacers cocktail party. I do remember that they've had a few in the recent past and apparently not all the same people are invited each time?? We were invited because we are past season ticket holders and of course they want us to buy more tickets. But I have a few questions, such as:

1) Do they basically keep bugging you at this event to say yes to buying tickets, or is it just a persuasion and you can decide to or to not buy them at a later date??

2) Are there any players on hand at this event?

3) Is it basically a "nicely dressed" event or can you still show up in your Pacers jerseys and whatever else??

4) Is it worth going to this event?

5) Any other important details I should know?

Just thought I'd ask my questions here for anybody that has been to one of these. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Pacers cocktail party -- any info??

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianDudley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So my family has been invited to the next Pacers cocktail party. I do remember that they've had a few in the recent past and apparently not all the same people are invited each time?? We were invited because we are past season ticket holders and of course they want us to buy more tickets. But I have a few questions, such as:

1) Do they basically keep bugging you at this event to say yes to buying tickets, or is it just a persuasion and you can decide to or to not buy them at a later date??

2) Are there any players on hand at this event?

3) Is it basically a "nicely dressed" event or can you still show up in your Pacers jerseys and whatever else??

4) Is it worth going to this event?

5) Any other important details I should know?

Just thought I'd ask my questions here for anybody that has been to one of these. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    You mean that if you renew early then no invitation? That sucks.

no, the Pacers have held these in the recent past and I'm invited to this one...they only invite a certain # of people to each one apparently, and now we're invited to this one. I'm just wondering about what this event is like.

How did you get invited? Email, phone call, personal visit by Larry? Just wondering

Womens Wrestling Champion El Pacero's Avatar

I won an invite on twitter to one last month. The sales guy does give you a tour of the locker room and other areas. There were a few Pacemates, Boomer was there and I got to talk with Josh McRoberts and get a pic. You can also shoot baskets on the court.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to El Pacero For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would think it would be worth going to.

I went to a ticket sales event as a former season ticket holder as camp was getting under way last year, but it was an actual formal dinner served at tables out on the main court, and there were both players and coaches or front office people seated at all of the tables for the meal. Billy Keller, Tyler Hansbrough, and the soon to be cut Rod Benson were at the table I was seated at, and were very much open to making conversation and being friendly.

For the event I went to, it was business casual attire, but I doubt they would have minded Pacers gear, either.

All of the Pacers players were at the event I went to, as well as coaches and front office staff all the way up to Herb Simon. Simon spoke, Bird spoke, O'Brien spoke, and so did Granger.

The sales reps were there, naturally, and made themselves available and made sure to greet anyone attending who had been their client in the past, but there was no high pressure sales involved, and while they hoped people would commit to buying right there, they understood that people still wanted to think about it. Yes, there ended up being a couple of follow-up calls in the next couple of weeks, but that was it.

Contacting your former rep (assuming that person is still with the franchise) or whoever invited you for details on this event for details would be best, though, IMO.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by IndyHoosier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How did you get invited? Email, phone call, personal visit by Larry? Just wondering
    We were invited by a phone call from a Pacers ticket sales representative by the name of Andrew I believe. My sister took the message, but I'll probably just contact him back to find out for sure.

Thanks for all the input thus far!!