Thread: Ron Artest pulled over by cops and....well just check out what he was driving

Default Ron Artest pulled over by cops and....well just check out what he was driving

I thought this was funny as hell...Check out his ride. Only Ron.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/09/06/ron-ar...photo-picture/

Ron Artest was stopped dead in his tracks -- after cops saw the dude rolling around L.A. in an oversized go-cart .... and realized something was wrong.

TMZ obtained this photo of the Los Angeles Lakers playoff hero getting pulled over Monday in something called an Eagle Roadster -- a custom vehicle with a top speed of 152 MPH.

Law enforcement sources tell us Artest was cited because the registration on the car was expired. But get this -- we're told the car isn't even registered to Ron ...but somebody out in Tennessee.

Ron -- who was smiling throughout the entire incident -- was eventually sent on his way ... but sources tell us cops were "very happy" he was wearing a helmet.

The Lakers should be happy too.
    Last edited by makaveli; 09-08-2010 at 10:14 AM.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to makaveli For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Ron Artest pulled over by cops and....well just check what he was driving

That is too funny!!!!

Old Ronnie. That picture is priceless

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Ron Artest pulled over by cops and....well just check out what he was driving

can't take the 'indy' out of a guy

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rel For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Ron Artest pulled over by cops and....well just check out what he was driving

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IRon -- who was smiling throughout the entire incident -- was eventually sent on his way ... but sources tell us cops were "very happy" he was wearing a helmet.

The Lakers should be happy too.

I think Ron would say that not wearing a helmet is something only a crazy person would do.

That is one cool set of wheels he is driving.

I want one of those. Man, that is too cool.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow, Ron Artest is in the news, never thought I'd see the day.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Looks like fun to me.

For anyone that wants an experience in high performance autos, I would recommend checking out the Autobahn Experience in Joliet, IL. I did this a couple of weeks ago and was able to run a Lexus ISF (416hp) through a slalom course several times, along with driving a Mercedes E53AMG (490hp) and E63AMG (518hp), an Audi S4 (333hp) and S5 (354hp) and a Caddy CTS-V (556hp) through the 1.6 mile Autobahn course.

This experience has caused me to totally rearrange my wish list with respect to autos.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    Looks like fun to me.

For anyone that wants an experience in high performance autos, I would recommend checking out the Autobahn Experience in Joliet, IL. I did this a couple of weeks ago and was able to run a Lexus ISF (416hp) through a slalom course several times, along with driving a Mercedes E53AMG (490hp) and E63AMG (518hp), an Audi S4 (333hp) and S5 (354hp) and a Caddy CTS-V (556hp) through the 1.6 mile Autobahn course.

This experience has caused me to totally rearrange my wish list with respect to autos.
    That place is AWESOME.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar View Post
    I think Ron would say that not wearing a helmet is something only a crazy person would do.

Not sure a helmet is doing anything of functional significance for Mr. Artest.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Great thread, great picture, great comments.

Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Sports Logo

I'm too lazy to find out....but is this legit?

As in, yes...real picture....and not some stunt....as opposed to Artest really driving that Indy Sports car on the road in LA.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Ron Artest is my hero. What other human being woudl even try this?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

This, made my day. Gotta love Ronnie. I still have a soft spot for him anyways
    Doing the twitter thing JonnyB83
    Also JonnyB83 on facebook....we should be friends!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to JonnyB83 For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

helmet or not, riding in that death trap is harmful and the Lakers should be able to vo8d his contract

Sports Logo

Is it legal to drive an Indy Sports Car on the Road like that?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Custom street-legal roadsters....

http://www.eagleroadster.com/
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

21. The Following User Says Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rel View Post
    can't take the 'indy' out of a guy
    You beat me to it. Gotta love to hate the guy. Just when you think there's no way you can like anything he does he goes and pulls a playful stunt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I think it probably is, depending on the setup of the car and whether they meet whatever standards the state has in place.

I'm just saying that from what I saw a few weeks ago in Castleton. I was on 86th street behind the mall, in a a turn lane ready to make a left hand turn to go into Costco. While waiting for the light to change, one of the Indy trainer cars, the kind with a passenger and a driver riding in tandem, one behind the other, zips across the intersection from Castle Creek into Castleton mall. It's one of those occassions wehre you suddenly think "What the hell? Did I just see what I thought I saw?"

I looked into the parking lot and noticed that there were 3 or 4 of the cars. I found out later that they were providing joy rides to those willing to pay in order to raise funds for a charity.

I figure they wouldn't have been driving them out on the streets unless it was legal or at least unless they received some sort of pre-approval.

soooooo funny

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    helmet or not, riding in that death trap is harmful and the Lakers should be able to vo8d his contract
    Ouch, why the super bright green?

Quote Originally Posted by BBQ View Post
    Ouch, why the super bright green?
    Green font denotes sarcasm.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:

BBQ

Nerd.
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    Looks like fun to me.

How'd you like the CTS-V? That is a very nice machine.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

When you aren't trapped in the cage with them polar bears are lots of fun.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    How'd you like the CTS-V? That is a very nice machine.
    The CTS-V was my least favorite of all the cars. It was the best accelerator in the autobahn straights, along with the E53AMG. But it was an absolute pig in the corners compared to all other cars.

All cars had high tech engines that would not allow you to red-line the tach when in automatic drive mode. The engines would cut out the throttle or would shut down a couple of the cylinders to cut you back a bit. The CTS-V is the only auto whose engineering would actually enable you to hit the red-line and shut down. All other cars just kept accelerating until you had to touch the brake going into the next turn... not exactly a racers dream.

I am 6-1 but have most of my height in my torso. I didn't have enough head room in the car, and my helmit kept bouncing around inside the sunroof trim.

I am a Caddy man and have owned three. But I would not buy a CTS-V. Even ignoring performance factores, ergonomically, it just didn't work for me.