Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: updates from Wells

Default updates from Wells

Looks like Tyler hasn't been cleared to go full force yet? I hope he'll be available at the start of camp.

On the other side, AJ's "back on the court" from the sounds of it he's been cleared to play, but isn't 100%

And they're taking it slow with Foster

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsi...updates_1.html

Default Re: updates from Wells

Womens Wrestling Champion El Pacero's Avatar

Roy Hibbert has gotten his body fat down to 10 percent.
    - Mike Wells

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Pacero For This Useful Post:

I love Roy, he's easily one of the most likeable guys in this league.

If I am to assume Tyler will return and be "okay" health-wise before much longer (and it's fair to not automatically assume that, but nonetheless), I get the feeling he won't be cleared for full contact any earlier than the first week of training camp/pre season.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lightbulb Re: updates from Wells

Well with the uncertainty of our bigs being ready..... we might be keeping Solo and signing Magnum. So which small would we cut...... i like Lance but unless we trade him he may get cut to make room for Magnum. Just a thought..
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

I'm starting to wonder if we're looking at TJ Ford as our "roster spot waiting to happen". Either he'll agree to a buyout at the last second, or we'll cut/waive him and just decide that his contract will have to be one that we let burn this following summer for cap room and then focus on offering another expiring in trade talks (Jeff, Mike).

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm starting to wonder if we're looking at TJ Ford as our "roster spot waiting to happen". Either he'll agree to a buyout at the last second, or we'll cut/waive him and just decide that his contract will have to be one that we let burn this following summer for cap room and then focus on offering another expiring in trade talks (Jeff, Mike).
    I completely thought this until AJs knee and Lance's arrest. If you drop TJ, not sure where that leaves you.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    I completely thought this until AJs knee and Lance's arrest. If you drop TJ, not sure where that leaves you.
    TJ's hasn't worked out and needs to go whether we have 5 PGs or 0. If Lance and AJ are both not available, we'll sign someone else.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Something that was mentioned at the party (I don't remember by who) was that Tyler not being cleared until training camp may be purposeful in the fact that why risk him taking a shot to the head outside of working out with the Pacers in an official capacity.

So I am not going to worry, yet.

However if by pre-season he has not been cleared for full contact then I will start to really worry.

If by the season he has not been cleared and there is no timetable then I will start to panic.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

TJ's hasn't worked out and needs to go whether we have 5 PGs or 0. If Lance and AJ are both not available, we'll sign someone else.
    I mostly agree, Count55 had a nice article or post awhile back on why TJ won't/shouldn't be back regardless of the circumstances.

It would be nice to just move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Something that was mentioned at the party (I don't remember by who) was that Tyler not being cleared until training camp may be purposeful in the fact that why risk him taking a shot to the head outside of working out with the Pacers in an official capacity.

However if by pre-season he has not been cleared for full contact then I will start to really worry.

If by the season he has not been cleared and there is no timetable then I will start to panic.
    I wonder if the Shin Splints are completely healthy now? Is that how it works, rest fixes that?

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post

I thought Larry's quote suggested they are taking their time with Tyler..being cautionary, at the very least.

With TJ, I'm not sure I'm reading this right, but it sounds like AJ has been cleared to play, just isn't 100% yet. That's probably better than TJ anyway. (Although I hope he's careful and that he's smart enough to know, that any twinge of pain in the knee means he needs to get it checked out..instead of being "tough")

The only problem is..you would think someone would take TJ for something. Maybe at the very least a second round draft pick and a crappy expiring. You hate to lose that amount of money for nothing. (Although, I suppose if we can't trade him, it's essentially the same thing..except he's temptation for Jimmy to play.)

Quote Originally Posted by El Pacero View Post
    - Mike Wells
    I was getting ready to post this, I think the quote is my favorite part of the Wells update. Roy is the Man!
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

On the Tyler tip... I hope it is just more caution holding him out, he needs to be in there as our starter or logging heavy mins, but if he still isn't cleared to go full contact, then what can you do? We are definitely in the market for another 4. I think another deal happens soon... I hope...

I think a deal gets less likely by the moment, you never know though. Players are starting to gather for training camp in many of the cities. I'd guess most teams want to see what they have at this point, too. JMO.

I'm kinda in the boat to want to see what they have too. I'm not sure you need a superstar PF with this group, just one that can hold his own defensively, mainly, gets me pretty excited.

I think a deal gets less likely by the moment, you never know though. Players are starting to gather for training camp in many of the cities. I'd guess most teams want to see what they have at this point, too. JMO.

I'm kinda in the boat to want to see what they have too. I'm not sure you need a superstar PF with this group, just one that can hold his own defensively, mainly, gets me pretty excited.

Yeah, you are probably right, and I agree on the getting someone at the 4 that can hold their own on defense, I was hoping that was going to be Tyler. We will have to wait and see, but the countdown is on till camp!

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

I still dont understand why NO didnt take him. They have no back up to CP3 and even though we dont like Ford, he has been extreemly professional, in my opinion, throught this ordeal
    Sittin on top of the world!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    I still dont understand why NO didnt take him. They have no back up to CP3 and even though we dont like Ford, he has been extreemly professional, in my opinion, throught this ordeal
    Trevor Ariza?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    Agreed, but if you have that deal on the table for DC, you call the League to cement the trade as quickly as you can, if you're the Pacers.

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    Trevor Ariza?
    at back up PG?

Agreed, but if you have that deal on the table for DC, you call the League to cement the trade as quickly as you can, if you're the Pacers.
    excelent point

but if they were at least somewhat intersted, why not reapproach them now?

Anyone else not like referring to Darren Collison as DC. DC is Derrick Coleman in my mind

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Then perhaps just call Darren Collison , DC2 his initals and uni number much like CP3 for Chris Paul.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diamonddave00 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Anyone else not like referring to Darren Collison as DC. DC is Derrick Coleman in my mind
    That's right!

Old School with Derrick Coleman... maybe DC2 is a good one?