Thread: Brady's contract extension imminent: 3 yrs & 58 million

Default Brady's contract extension imminent: 3 yrs & 58 million

Sort of sets the bar where Peyton will sign, since Polian has declared that #18 will be the top-paid QB.

http://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/23237654232

also:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-is-imminent/

With this year (6.5 mil) the deal can be considered 4 years/ 64.5 million, or 16+ million per year, in the 15-20 million window many expected for Brady and Manning.

Subsequent tweets suggest the deal is agreed to in principle, and the lawyers are just looking over the fine details.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Brady's contract extension imminent: 3 yrs & 58 million

Sounds about right. They are definitely the two best. Of course, 16 million is almost 7 million less than Jermaine O'Neal made last season so....

more fun with math... since this year is the final year of the 6 year/60 miilion dollar deal he has been playing with, the 6.5 miilion figure is just salary, not takign into account any of the other bonueses that was part of the 60 million figure, bonuses that will likely be part of the added 58 million figure. So realistically it is 68 million over 4 years, 17 million. 19.33 million/year just considering the new money.

Eli Manning's contract was 16.25 million per, so this deal is actually near the "floor" when you consider that a dollar above Eli was probably the minimum starting point.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

there are conflicting reports on the "imminent deal"

My guess is that the Patriots, who value secrecy which may have been broken this time, so they will sit on finalizing the agreement for a few days and make the Boston Herald squirm. The Herald is still on the outs for having made up the Matt Walsh/ taped walkthrough story before the 2007 SuperBowl, a story they later retracted. The retraction and apology doesn't mean that they were forgiven though.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds about right. They are definitely the two best. Of course, 16 million is almost 7 million less than Jermaine O'Neal made last season so....
    Jermaine O'Neal almost got MVP honors, though....
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions