Thread: The Anthems Have Landed

Default The Anthems Have Landed

Hey PD! I'm back... ya miss me? Be honest, you didn't know I was gone.

Well, the move is complete. The fam has made it to Lexington, Kentucky, and I have internet service installed. Expect the forum's snarkiness levels to return to normal before long.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: The Anthems Have Landed

Whyja move?
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Smack dab in the middle of Horse country......um, watch where ya step Anthem.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whyja move?
    Wife's pursuing a PhD.

As of today at 4pm, I have employment. Short-term technical writing gig for a DHS engineering company. It's nice to be wanted.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

if you need to know about lexington, i was there for 3 years before i moved to ri. let me know. where are you living?
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wife's pursuing a PhD.

As of today at 4pm, I have employment. Short-term technical writing gig for a DHS engineering company. It's nice to be wanted.
    That's GREAT news! Congrats!
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Congratulations on lining up the work.

I'm assuming DHS is Department of Homeland Security, and not Department of Human Services? So you're going to become an expert on those machines at the airports that undress people?

Anyway, good for you. Enjoy Lexington.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)