Thread: WNBA Western Conference Finals

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default WNBA Western Conference Finals

Watching game 1 tonight, PHO @ SEA. I haven't seen Phoenix much this season and you can really see that they miss Cappie. Seattle is just too big/tall/strong for Phoenix.

With Cappie and Taurasi together they were so offensively talented and complimentary that they could overcome size disadvantages with the pace of their offensive system. Dupree is a nice player but she's not a facilitator like Pondexter and she doesn't replace the perimeter defense Cappie can bring when she wants to (she always turns that up in the playoffs).

There was a lot of talk about whether Cappie would be as good in the alpha dog role as she was when paired with Taurasi. Looks to me like Cappie got better this year and Diana needed her more than people thought.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Default Re: WNBA Western Conference Finals

Phoenix didn't play as well as they were capable of. And Diana had about the worst game imaginable in her first game. But I'd wager Phoenix will be back next season. :P (Defense is...well just terrible) Today's game she was just ridiculous..Still, a lot of things changed for Phoenix when Cappie left.

Still, Sue Bird, proabably my favorite player of all time, sealed the win. Seattle's probably going to steamroll whatever Eastern Conference team they face. Just a fantastic team. I still wonder how the best PG in the league and one of the best players in the league only managed to win once.