Thread: NFL groupie story

Banned

Default NFL groupie story

In espn the magazine there is a story with pro athletes and weird stuff that they've done.
    One guy was a rookie on the Chiefs (I think) and told that last season when they got to XX city, the veterans had set up EVERY player on the team with a girl in their room when they got there. Groupies that they "met" on Facebook and FLEW in from all over the country. THe girl had memorized "her" particular players bio, so they knew all kinds of personal stuff. They had a name for this party (escapes me) and the rookie said that only the highly paid vets could afford to pull that off.

There's like FIFTY guys on a football team right?? ?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: NFL groupie story

53 guys i think

..wow got a link to that story ?
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Dwayne Bowe was the one who said this to ESPN Magazine but he denied ever saying it..

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He said he was misquoted, but ESPN claims that he gave even more details than what was published.

Here's the original quotes aero...

"My rookie year, we were playing in San Diego," Bowe says. "You hear stories about groupies hanging out in hotel lobbies, but some of my teammates had it set up so there was a girl in every room. The older guys get on MySpace and Facebook a week before we go to a city; when a pretty one writes back, they arrange to fly her in three or four days in advance. They call it importing."

"Younger guys don't have the money to do it," Bowe added. "Anyway, these girls had the whole top floor. They know everything about us -- first and last names, sisters and brothers, salary. This one girl was talking to me like she'd known me for years. 'Hey, D-Bowe, how's Grandma?' I'm like, 'How do you know my grandma?' She knew that I talk about her every time I'm interviewed for a story.

"I told her I had a girlfriend, but she didn't care. She was wearing my jersey, sitting in my lap, making it look like we knew each other. Then she took a picture and put it on Facebook. That almost got me in trouble."
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...