Thread: From CBSSportsline.Com

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default From CBSSportsline.Com

ndiana Pacers: Not everyone is enamored of the Pacers getting Stephen Jackson for Al Harrington, but Jackson does give them a shooting guard for the future, and it opens up playing time for Austin Croshere. Rookie David Harrison gives them depth at center, and free-agent guard Eddie Gill might help at point. They are still mildly in the hunt for Dampier and could use him. Grade: C
    ==============
    Totally disagree...I think SJ pick-up was a great move by the P's (of course I would, I'm a Homer).

I'd give em a grade of B anyway.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Default Re: From CBSSportsline.Com

I dunno if I'd say he's a great pickup but they traded something they don't have for something they do. The question could be asked, if they'd tried to be more creative/patient, if the Pacers could have gotten involved in a trade for someone better - maybe gotten into a S&T deal for Q or someone.

Hard to knock 'em too hard - just seems like they weren't in a lot of danger of losing Jackson if they'd done some shopping.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I rate the Pacers B-.I do think we could've gotten something better if we waited to trade AL.We might have had Damp and J-Rich.(I doubt Mullin would trade J-Rich though)
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

I give them a B-.

Harrington wanted traded. Now I do wish we would have traded him to Denver, giving us cap room to sign Jackson I think.

I'm cautiously hopeful about Sax. Everyone talks about how great he is, but I never saw much in him. Plus, his shooting percentages frighten me. Guess we'll see.
    [edit=67=1092419103][/edit]
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Why would the media think we got the better of the deal?

We traded a sixthman runner-up on a 61 win team for a player who put up good numbers for a bad team.

Chemistry-wise it might work but on paper it wasn't a great trade for us.

"They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

ImReppinBtown

I also give us a B. Al for Stephen will help us out alot, he can shoot from the outside and hes good on defense. We needed someone else to help on D other than Ron. And you know the 2 guards have been killin us in the playoffs, Rip, Pierce, just to name a couple.