Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HA! A must see...

Here we go Steelers.. jmoney2584's Avatar

Wink HA! A must see...

Through all the negativity, doom and gloom, and general BS that has gone on the past few weeks, I thought the forum could use an injection of humor. Some may have mixed feelings on this, but at this point I feel most will certainly enjoy it. Have fun...and sorry JO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r-_PG_kVDg
    Roy Hibbert.... It's the POWER!!!

Default Re: HA! A must see...

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just like people commented on that video on youtube, JO has gotten dunked on because he's one of the few people that has the balls to actually attempt to swat their shot. Like it or not, Jermaine did wonders for us during his time as a Pacer. And when he comes back to Conseco each year, he doesn't deserve a single one of those boos. JO was a great player for us both on and off of the court. Other than that, the video could have been in much better quality lol.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ChristianDudley For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't seem to share the contempt a lot of Pacers fans have for JO. Just like the post above says, if you're going to challenge someone at the rim you're going to get dunked on every once in awhile. What's one of the biggest knocks on the Pacers right now? No strong defensive presence to contest at the rim.

I get so mad at people when they boo JO when ever he comes back to Indy. JO gave us his best years, and was nearly an MVP one year. He didn't force his way out or trash the Pacers after he left. I understand being a little upset because he didn't play but I have torn meniscus in my knees and it hurts me to play half court with my friends. I can't imagine what it would have been like playing with that at the highest level of basketball. Every time JO comes back I do my best to drown out as many boos as I can by cheering as loud as I can. I also still do the JO thing after his free throwns to the tune of Day Oh. I loved that!
    Doing the twitter thing JonnyB83
    Also JonnyB83 on facebook....we should be friends!

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JonnyB83 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers#1Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't seem to share the contempt a lot of Pacers fans have for JO. Just like the post above says, if you're going to challenge someone at the rim you're going to get dunked on every once in awhile. What's one of the biggest knocks on the Pacers right now? No strong defensive presence to contest at the rim.
    I couldn't agree more. If people can knock JO for actually attempting to block shots, then our current players need to be knocked 100 times more.

Though Murphy is gone, I'm not sure I can truly remember him ever truly attempting to block someone who was about to dunk on him. Hibby tries, but he's simply not quick enough at times.

JO was a great player here, and I have nothing but respect for what he did for us.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

Well I found him being T bagged by Trevor Ariza particularly amusing.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

I clicked on this link expecting to be amused...
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

Hey, I never bashed on JO. When he was here he was my favorite player next to the apparently sane version of Ron Artest (pre-brawl, pre-elbowing Rip Hamilton and blowing our chances in that game). I certainly appreciate players challenging dunks at the rim with tough D as well....the part that gave me negative feelings towards JO was his inability to lead and his last few years here when he was all talk ("getting back to dominating"). Players getting dunked on in general is entertaining and seeing as how a lot of these clips come from JO's post-Pacer days, I can sit back and laugh while JO dominates...or whatever it is he is doing with nuts on his cabeza. Oh what have I begun.... my apologies to those offended at my light hearted, but perhaps ill conceived attempt at humor. Cheers! and protect that rim!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers#1Fan View Post
    Yep. You'll see lots of photos of guys driving past Troy Murphy but almost no photos of him getting dunked on. And there's a reason for that. That guy's help defense was so bad that he didn't even bother to challenge shots.

Not challenging any shots and is a good way to ensure that you'll never get dunked on. Of course it also guarantees that you're not going to help your team defensively.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wasnt all JO's fault. Hes not the one that chose to trade Ron instead of JO. JO was a good player on and off the court as has been mentioned. And was a warrior at times. But somehow he never was a leader and couldnt coexist with Artest. Our team wouldve looked a whole lot better if we wouldve traded JO as he was still pretty much in his prime and wouldve garnered a great deal as a number of teams were sure to overpay for him versus trading Ron at a time when his value was at its lowest.

Huge mistake. And that fell squarely on Donnie.

Last edited by tsm612; 08-31-2010 at 07:00 AM.

Custom User Titleist
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Mood

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    Wasnt all JO's fault. Hes not the one that chose to trade Ron instead of JO. JO was a good player on and off the court as has been mentioned. And was a warrior at times. But somehow he never was a leader and couldnt coexist with Artest. Our team wouldve looked a whole lot better if we wouldve traded JO as he was still pretty much in his prime and wouldve garnered a great deal as a number of teams were sure to overpay for him versus trading Ron at a time when his value was at its lowest.

Huge mistake. And that fell squarely on Donnie.
    Seriously keep Ron the guy who always thought about himself first?? A lot of people forget how good JO was he did everything that was asked by the franchise... Bulk up to play some center he did that and IMO that's what caused him to become injured frequently... Looking back because of the injuries people like to say we overpaid for him but he was 25 just had averaged 20pts 10 rebounds and almost 2 blocks a game... That's a max deal type player not this al horford stuff...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post

You shouldn't be. You're the guy getting burned in some of those videos where JO is left to clean up your mess.

Along with (a) Bosh, (b) JALEN ROSE!!, (c) Murphy (go figure), a completely turned-around backwards Granger, way to stop the ball on the break, Dunleavy, Tinsley not fighting through the p-n-r, etc.

Although, I gotta say, some of the Toronto and Miami ones really showed how immobile he is now. Most of the Pacers-era plays he was moving and trying to protect the rim from somebody else's mistake but the more recent ones... ugly!
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:

I do miss that sweet JO fade away jumper.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Indra For This Useful Post:

Actually a young JO would be perfect for what this team needs right now.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    Actually a young JO would be perfect for what this team needs right now.
    Says you and about 29 other NBA teams... Gotta miss the good ol' days. JO was definitely helped by the presence of Reggies outside threat. This goes unnoticed when thinking back on JO's glory days. The threat of a "boom baby!" opened up a lot of players games when Uncle Reg was still on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by tsm612 View Post

In the clip at Seattle where in the world is Foster running to??
    Doing the twitter thing JonnyB83
    Also JonnyB83 on facebook....we should be friends!

PPG 14.2 RPG 7.5

PPG 18.1 RPG 7.5

Quick without looking tell me which one is the career stats for Jermain O'Neal and which one is the one for Shareef Abdur-Rahim.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

I booed him. He deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by nerveghost View Post
    I booed him. He deserved it.
    Why is that? He's not his fault that he got injured. If you haven't noticed, Indiana seems to have one of the worst medical staffs in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    PPG 14.2 RPG 7.5 Career Playoff Games: 81. Total Minutes Played from 1996-2000: 2,435. Frontcourt teammates over that time frame: Brian Grant, Rasheed, Sabonis, Cato.

PPG 18.1 RPG 7.5 Career Playoff Games: 6. Minutes Played for each season from 1996-2000: 2802, 2950, 2021 (lockout season, only 50 games played), and 3233. Frontcourt teammates over that time frame: Big Country? Really? Massenberg, Cherokee Parks, Othello Harrington.

Quick without looking tell me which one is the career stats for Jermain O'Neal and which one is the one for Shareef Abdur-Rahim.
    Fixed.

I'm sure that if JO was put on those Grizzlies teams -- even leaving Shareef on the team, that JO would have become thier "best player" during that four year period where he was stuck behind that great Blazers front line, playing sporadically and dragging down his career per-game stats vs. a guy that immediately made the starting lineup only to put up decent numbers on a really, really bad team.

I would say I was disappointed in you for this type of nonsense, but your anti-JO venom doesn't make this surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    Why is that? He's not his fault that he got injured. If you haven't noticed, Indiana seems to have one of the worst medical staffs in the NBA.
    Yes, its his fault.

He should have pouted when the Pacers needed him to gain weight and to center after they let Brad Miller go.

He should have refused to do. He should have known that it would destroy his knees, his lateral quickness. That his game was based on explosive spin moves from the block, not methodically backing down into position.

If he was depressed about it, he should have smoked more dope and gotten suspended for it. Then he'd be a hero instead of an injury-riddled goat.

Instead, he did what was asked, was a pillar in the community, and was surrounded by young, less than professional bozos on the roster that were jealous of JO's success and contract. And when it didn't work out he's been labeled a failure ever since. Totally his fault.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    Yes, its his fault.

He should have pouted when the Pacers needed him to gain weight and to center after they let Brad Miller go.

He should have refused to do. He should have known that it would destroy his knees, his lateral quickness. That his game was based on explosive spin moves from the block, not methodically backing down into position.

If he was depressed about it, he should have smoked more dope and gotten suspended for it. Then he'd be a hero instead of an injury-riddled goat.

Instead, he did what was asked, was a pillar in the community, and was surrounded by young, less than professional bozos on the roster that were jealous of JO's success and contract. And when it didn't work out he's been labeled a failure ever since. Totally his fault.
    Where's the green?