Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Woj - Rush suspended five games without pay for violating NBA's drug policy.

Default Re: Woj - Rush suspended five games without pay for violating NBA's drug policy.

Quote Originally Posted by MLB007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BS -it a freaking PLANT. Not a produced or manufactured product.

It's Illegal BECAUSE the alcohol industry saw it for the threat it was and spent millions to buy legislation.
    A plant that anyone can grow in the back yard.
    Might be a threat to liquor consumption? hmmmmmmmmmm
    No, it really is illegal, I checked, yep still illegal.

I'm not passing judgement on if it should be or not.

Default Re: Woj - Rush suspended five games without pay for violating NBA's drug policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    Let's be honest, it was probably pot. That's the drug of choice for the NBA.
    I also could be....

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to indyaway For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by indyaway View Post
    I also could be....

As a die-hard Oakland Raiders fan, please dont joke about that. It's just too soon....haha

Can we trade him for Bayless?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Despite the negative PR involved here....my guess is that the Pacers will give him a very public PR "slap on the wrist"...miss whatever games he's supposed to miss....give Bird more of a reason to include BRush in trade talks ( not like he hasn't done so before ) and ( in the end ) IMHO BRush will still be on the roster by December.

I'd assume ( or at least hope ) that the FO must have some inkling of how much of a problem this is for BRush......whether it is a "leisurely" type of thing that BRush can control on his own ( with some very close monitoring from the FO ) or a "serious" issue that the FO has been fully aware of that is a much deeper problem. If it's the latter.....then the asking price for BRush is probably been reduced with a strong chance that he'll be moved by February along with Dunleavy or Ford as mild sweetner.

BTW.....I do not condone what he did...but unless it's a "chronic" ( pardon the pun ) problem of his, then I'm willing to give BRush some slack here as he has been a model citizen since his arrival in Indy. Any negative PR is not good for the Pacers.....but I don't consider this anywhere near the offense the Lance has allegedly perpetrated.
    Last edited by CableKC; 08-27-2010 at 02:58 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

This is only a joke, but shouldn't we worry about Roy hanging out with Bill Walton all summer. He is one of the most famous deadheads, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    BTW.....I do not condone what he did...but unless it's a "chronic" ( pardon the pun ) problem of his ( which...I will give him the benefit of the doubt here for the aforementioned above reason ), then I'm willing to give BRush some slack here as he has been a model citizen since his arrival in Indy.
    Ok, lets see if it is chronic.

He comes into the NBA, he is told of the drug program, he knows approximately when he will be tested. Either he doesn't care or is too stupid to realize he will test positive. But he does test positive and has to go through the NBA's drug treatment program.

OK, so he is now wise, he knows how it works, he knows he is getting paid over $2M dollars, he knows he will be tested again and yet he continues to use the stuff and comes up positive again, is fined $15K, has to go through the NBA's drug program again.

OK, now he knows the next positive will make it all public -the pacers, his family will know, and he'll be suspended for 5 games, and lose a lot of money. Surely he has learned his lesson, surely he will stop his career and reputation is at stake. But no he doesn't stop and now look where he is.

I think he has a drug problem by definition.

Edit: aside - I don't think the Pacers are contacted until after the third positive, I think the first two are confidential. Can someone confirm that?? - Yes Mike Wells confirms this below
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 08-27-2010 at 03:16 PM.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Here is Wells article on this posted at 2:52 PM Indy time. he says it is pot as no other drug carries a 5-game suspension. Click on the link for the whole article

http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...rug-violations

As part of the collective bargaining agreement, only the league can discipline players for violating the drug program, and teams don't find out about failed tests until the player is suspended

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    The biggest thing this shows is that either he doesn't care (afterall this was the third time he failed a test) or he has a problem.

Maybe this is why the pacers have tried to trade him a few times???

Stupid idiot - that is what I think he is.

Plus he isn't good enough that we have to put up with this stuff
    I totally agree, and considering Mary Jane is not physically addictive it just shows once again that these idiots with guaranteed contracts just do not give **** about their livelihood, or their team and team mates.

This is just so disappointing. These ridiculous guaranteed contracts have got to go.

I would trade his *** ASAP

14. The Following User Says Thank You to woowoo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    While Brandon Rush is out partying and smoking weed, Roy Hibbert and Paul George are in the weight room trying to become more effective on the court.

He's a dumb*** for getting caught 3 times, but this is just a ridiculous thing to say. For all we know, Rush is out in LA working harder than both of these guys. And for all we know, Roy and Paul smoke a little pot in their downtime.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JB24 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post

I'm sure Shade would be all for it. Myself, I'd be more inclined to try for Rudy Fernandez.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Despite the negative PR involved here....my guess is that the Pacers will give him a very public PR "slap on the wrist"...miss whatever games he's supposed to miss....give Bird more of a reason to include BRush in trade talks ( not like he hasn't done so before ) and ( in the end ) IMHO BRush will still be on the roster by December.

I'd assume ( or at least hope ) that the FO must have some inkling of how much of a problem this is for BRush......whether it is a "leisurely" type of thing that BRush can control on his own ( with some very close monitoring from the FO ) or a "serious" issue that the FO has been fully aware of that is a much deeper problem. If it's the latter.....then the asking price for BRush is probably been reduced with a strong chance that he'll be moved by February along with Dunleavy or Ford as mild sweetner.

BTW.....I do not condone what he did...but unless it's a "chronic" ( pardon the pun ) problem of his, then I'm willing to give BRush some slack here as he has been a model citizen since his arrival in Indy. Any negative PR is not good for the Pacers.....but I don't consider this anywhere near the offense the Lance has allegedly perpetrated.
    huh? This jackazz knows that he was smoking a banned substance and he could get dropped at any time. yet he "chooses" to do it anyway.. even after getting caught twice prior. This is just idiotic.... I would cut him today if the Pacers did not have to pay him.

Rush sure got busted really fast! He's only entering his 3rd year!
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    While Brandon Rush is out partying and smoking weed, Roy Hibbert and Paul George are in the weight room trying to become more effective on the court.

I've been thinking this for a while, and I know it's off subject, but I love how Hibbert and George seem to be hanging out a lot. This picture absolutlely cracks me up by the way.
    Doing the twitter thing JonnyB83
    Also JonnyB83 on facebook....we should be friends!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to JonnyB83 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pot isn't addictive, you know that right? He's going to fill the void he feels, either through pot, alcohol, shopping, eating, something.

The myths surrounding pot are just continually perpetuated. Like the running joke pot makes you stupid because it kills brain cells, when in reality it actually stimulates brain activity. (The case study that's used to back up the claim it causes brain damage was because they fed monkeys straight pot smoke, without oxygen. The case was presented that the smoke caused brain damage, not the lack of oxygen.)

I'm not trying to shift blame, at all. He knows he's a banned substance, and he is responsible for the consequences. My feelings on the legality of pot, and the situation here are two completely different things.

Time to pay the piper Mr. Rush.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Isn't this arguably how we got here in the first place?

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Logistically we could, but I HIGHly doubt that Portland is going to trade for a guy who has been busted for marijuana after all the struggles they went through with the Jailblazers era.
    Grown Man Ball

Quote Originally Posted by JB24 View Post
    He's a dumb*** for getting caught 3 times, but this is just a ridiculous thing to say. For all we know, Rush is out in LA working harder than both of these guys. And for all we know, Roy and Paul smoke a little pot in their downtime.
    Why is it a ridiculous thing to say? Of the things that WE HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF...

* Roy Hibbert and Paul George are pretty much constantly in the gym or doing some sort of training to improve their games and their bodies.
    * Roy has made great strides in improving his game since he came into the league.
    * Brandon Rush is essentially the exact same player now as he was when we drafted him.
    * Brandon Rush has failed 3 drug tests and is suspended for 5 games without pay.

I don't think it sounds all that ridiculous to assume at all.
    Grown Man Ball

29. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Mood

I think the debate on whether pot is addictive or not is debatable. A lot of my friends are marijuana smokers. All of them, that's all they wanna do is get high all the time. I used to smoke, when I smoked I wanted to smoke all the time also. I truly think it is addictive.

If your making millions, and you know you get random tests and you know you have failed 2 of them...wouldn't you quit to save your career instead of being labeled as a bust and a druggie? Who would've thought Kareem has had a 20x better career than Brandon.

Get him out of here, his play is so lazy half the time. Sure maybe JOB isn't the best coach for him, but he hasn't given JOB any reason to trust him. Atleast this suspension is in the first 5 games and not the last 5. He plays like **** til after the all-star break anyways.

@Pacers24Colts12

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacers24Colts12 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Pot isn't addictive, you know that right? He's going to fill the void he feels, either through pot, alcohol, shopping, eating, something.

The myths surrounding pot are just continually perpetuated. Like the running joke pot makes you stupid because it kills brain cells, when in reality it actually stimulates brain activity. (The case study that's used to back up the claim it causes brain damage was because they fed monkeys straight pot smoke, without oxygen. The case was presented that the smoke caused brain damage, not the lack of oxygen.)

I'm not trying to shift blame, at all. He knows he's a banned substance, and he is responsible for the consequences. My feelings on the legality of pot, and the situation here are two completely different things.

Pot isn't chemically addicting, but it's emotionally addictive. Just like sex and gambling ect..

I'm not quite sure he "has a problem" seeing as Pot can stay in your system for a long time. He might have not smoked any for a month before his first drug test, and still failed.

But if he does have a "problem" with pot, then most likely unless he figures out what the "void" is, then if he stops with pot, he'll start with other ways to "fill that void" many of which to be honest, I'd prefer him just smoke..

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

BTW.....I think that there are Teams out there that can withstand this type of negative PR and would be willing to overlook this type of transgression ( maybe teams like the Grizzlies or the Knicks ) while trying to get a cheap but defensively solid GF.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Mood

Since we have to have a zero tolerance policy with no 2nd chances because we are the Pacers and this is Indiana I guess he must be cut immediately.

Can't have a double standard you know!

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry Staverman For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JB24 View Post
    you can't go and say "for all we know Roy and Paul smoke a littel pot in their downtime." Until they get busted for it you have to assume they are clean. They aren't giving you any reason to think they are smoking anything.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers74 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Ok, lets see if it is chronic.

He comes into the NBA, he is told of the drug program, he knows approximately when he will be tested. Either he doesn't care or is too stupid to realize he will test positive. But he does test positive and has to go through the NBA's drug treatment program.

OK, so he is now wise, he knows how it works, he knows he is getting paid over $2M dollars, he knows he will be tested again and yet he continues to use the stuff and comes up positive again, is fined $15K, has to go through the NBA's drug program again.

OK, now he knows the next positive will make it all public -the pacers, his family will know, and he'll be suspended for 5 games, and lose a lot of money. Surely he has learned his lesson, surely he will stop his career and reputation is at stake. But no he doesn't stop and now look where he is.

Edit: aside - I don't think the Pacers are contacted until after the third positive, I think the first two are confidential. Can someone confirm that?? - Yes Mike Wells confirms this below
    Quote Originally Posted by woowoo View Post
    huh? This jackazz knows that he was smoking a banned substance and he could get dropped at any time. yet he "chooses" to do it anyway.. even after getting caught twice prior. This is just idiotic.... I would cut him today if the Pacers did not have to pay him.
    I don't disagree with either of you on this. As I've said....if it's truly a problem that the FO is fully aware of ( which based off of UBs post...its seems like it's the case )....I can see the added incentive to now include BRush in trade talks with our Expiring Contracts for a PF.

Before, I can see a reluctance to move him given his skillset...even as sweetner...but now...I can see far less reluctance in doing so given these developments.

For example, I'd be okay with a Kenyon Martin+Anthony Carter ( filler ) for Dunleavy+BRush+Solo deal. Saves the Nuggets about $3.5 mil in SalaryCap ( which translates into about $7 mil cuz they are over the LT ).
    Last edited by CableKC; 08-27-2010 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Staverman View Post
    Since we have to have a zero tolerance policy with no 2nd chances because we are the Pacers and this is Indiana I guess he must be cut immediately.

Can't have a double standard you know!
    We don't have a zero tolerance policy. Who was the last player that was cut immediately??