Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: From Istanbul, Turkey, the 2010 World Basketball Championships thread- Congratulations World Champion USA!

Default Re: From Istanbul, Turkey, the 2010 World Basketball Championships thread (now with extra primer)

Quote Originally Posted by Pacemaker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DG is a benchwarmer on this team.
    Yep, I'm not disappointed he's not playing, but honestly his defensive awareness is really poor, imo.

I know it's been discussed, but Danny's basically became just a scorer at this point, I'm not real happy about it.

That's not how he came up.

Maybe he'll change back to form if he gets a team around him in the Pacers, but with the last couple of years and now what he looks like with team USA, I'm not sure.

It's just basic defensive intuition that growing up in Indiana if you played ball you developed. Drives me a little crazy, really.

He doesn't make players around him better on EITHER end if he's going to play like this.

Anyway, thats as much of a rant as I can muster on August 30th.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Default Re: From Istanbul, Turkey, the 2010 World Basketball Championships thread (now with extra primer)

Just tuned in, still a close game with 4 minutes left.

Splitter looks pretty long and mobile, he's gonna be a good fit with Duncan.

And just as I said that he gets absolutely swatted by Durant.
    Last edited by bulldog; 08-30-2010 at 04:15 PM.
    2010 IKL Fantasy Basketball Champion Baltimore Bulldogs

Brazil has chance to tie with ten seconds left. They're down 68-66 after Billups misses a contested jumper.

And we foul their PG with 3.5 seconds left! 2 FTs.

He misses the first!

Crazy finish! They get the offensive rebound off their second intentionally missed FT, Barbosa winds up with a tough lay-up just outside the paint, and it rolls around the bucket and goes out.

USA wins! Stays undefeated.

But Brazil is pretty good, and we weren't great down the stretch. Gotta get it to KD more. Odom and Billups took most of our shots down the stretch.
    Last edited by bulldog; 08-30-2010 at 04:22 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bulldog For This Useful Post:

Fantastic finish.

awesome game.

Kevin Durant is a stud

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

From what I've seen, Love should be playing over Odom. I get the thought of playing Lamar, because he's more mobile, but he's certainly not showing it, and his decision making isn't up to snuf. I think what you would theoretically lose in playing Love, he more than makes up for it in other areas.

The kid is just smart, and knows his role/limitations. Splitter had his way with Odom. He was getting the shot he wanted.

USA missed so many easy shots near the end. If USA makes a couple of those point blank shots they had in the fourth it wouldn't have been as close, but great game by Brazil regardless. Ultimately it is good for USA to be tested, good for the experience of the young guys on the team.
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

You could probably say the same thing for Brazil, Barbosa just expectedly choked on all those wide open threes. Both teams looked real tired at the end.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chewy For This Useful Post:

I now question if USA can actually win this tournament. They can only play Iso in the half court. They will get punished for it in the later rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    I now question if USA can actually win this tournament. They can only play Iso in the half court. They will get punished for it in the later rounds.
    All signs point to Brazil being the second best team in the tournament right now, and we just beat them. Sure, it was a close game, and someone'll probably get hot in the elimination rounds, but there's just as much a chance that we'll play better next time, or that the US will be the team that gets hot.

Not saying the US absolutely will win the tourney, but they certainly can, and should easily be considered the favorite right now.
    Last edited by bulldog; 08-31-2010 at 10:13 AM.

great game and great finish. if brazil had nene and varejao(or just one of them) it would have been different.

i hope usa saw that things won't be easy for them.

i'm starting to get excited for the greece game tonight. we are playing better than i expected(except hedo) i'm an idiot for not getting a ticket for this game.

and finally i haven't changed my mind. imo spain will win it in the end.

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Yep, I'm not disappointed he's not playing, but honestly his defensive awareness is really poor, imo.

I know it's been discussed, but Danny's basically became just a scorer at this point, I'm not real happy about it.

That's not how he came up.

Maybe he'll change back to form if he gets a team around him in the Pacers, but with the last couple of years and now what he looks like with team USA, I'm not sure.

It's just basic defensive intuition that growing up in Indiana if you played ball you developed. Drives me a little crazy, really.

He doesn't make players around him better on EITHER end if he's going to play like this.

Anyway, thats as much of a rant as I can muster on August 30th.

All true, but it looks like if you don't play "D" for Coach K, you don't play. Maybe, just maybe, it'll rub off on him. (I hope)
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

Sports Logo

If Greece loses by 3 points or less, there is going to be a lot of unhappy people.

Sports Logo

Anyone else listening to the Commentator that's doing the Spain Vs. Litunania game? He reminds me of the "Boom goes the dynamite" guy trying real hard to make the game sound interesting and relevant.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

He's been the main guy for most of the matches. He's so over the top, it's hilarious.

Sports Logo

Hedo is the "Turkish Jordan", right? He needs to relinquish that title to Ilyasova.

**** yeah! Came back from -18 in the third.
    Last edited by Chewy; 08-31-2010 at 03:59 PM.

We might have a Spain-Greece quarter final on our hands. Great job by Lithuania coming back.

Hedo Turkoglu is shooting %17.6 from the floor and Turkey is 3-0. I don't get it.

No, the decimal isn't in the wrong place. He's 6/34 from the floor.
    Last edited by Kstat; 08-31-2010 at 04:42 PM.

has anyone seen the officiating in turkey-greece game? i started to ask myself "is this tournament in greece?" the official(jungebrand, this isn't the first time btw) did everything in his power for greece to win. i can't be happier we have beaten those fiba *******s(not greece team the guys that protect greece) fiba just makes me sick.
    Last edited by xtacy; 08-31-2010 at 04:20 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:

Lithuania with an amazing comeback. I'm stunned. Spain totally collapsed in the 4th quarter for the second time in three games.

Maybe Rubio isn't ready to run that team after all.
    Last edited by Kstat; 08-31-2010 at 04:21 PM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    has anyone seen the officiating in turkey-greece game? i started to ask myself "is this tournament in greece?" the official did everything in his power for greece to win. i can't be happier we have beaten those fiba *******s(not greece team the guys that protect greece) fiba just makes me sick.
    I watched the entire game and I didn't see it this way. In fact, at the end of the first quarter Diamantidis hit a three at the buzzer that they didn't count, even after seeing a replay that showed the ball left his hand before time expired.

Are you talking about foul calls or what?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

With the way Spain and Greece are ****ting the bed, if team USA doesn't win the gold I'm gonna be pissed.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Hedo Turkoglu is shooting %5.8 from the floor and Turkey is 3-0. I don't get it.

No, the decimal isn't in the wrong place. He's 6/34 from the floor.
    Ummmm, 6/34 is 17.6%.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

When is USA's next game?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown