Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: From Istanbul, Turkey, the 2010 World Basketball Championships thread- Congratulations World Champion USA!

Default Re: From Istanbul, Turkey, the 2010 World Basketball Championships thread (now with extra primer)

Fascinating.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

Default Re: From Istanbul, Turkey, the 2010 World Basketball Championships thread (now with extra primer)

I'm real excited for a Serbia-Turkey showdown.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm real excited for a Serbia-Turkey showdown.
    I don't think Serbia will have a real good chance to win against a team like Turkey. Turkey is just too strong and too big for the Serbs. They will have to change their game plan from what it was today, since i doubt they can shoot 75% from the field or whatever it was through the first 20 minutes ever again but you have to remember Spain was missing one of the best players on the planet. Turks just have so many bigs they can rotate and keep fresh....
    Impossible is Nothing.

Anybody watching the game? USA 25 - Russia 29 in the second quarter.
    Thank you Jeff.

35-35

If the box score is right, Danny is the only USA player to not have played.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    35-35

If the box score is right, Danny is the only USA player to not have played.
    The box score is right.
    Thank you Jeff.

Start of the 2nd half and a dangerous time for the Russians. USA looks much more aggressive, poised.

American defensive aggressiveness really throwing Russians off their game. US threatening to blow it open.

In the 4th the game has settled into an equilibrium with US up by about 15-20. Our halfcourt offense is good, not spectacular. Pretty darn good ballmovement at times, but not really able to exploit match-ups effectively and get to the rim consistently. Key to beating US will be withstanding the defensive pressure, and thus not allowing our defense to generate offense.
    Last edited by bulldog; 09-09-2010 at 12:39 PM.
    2010 IKL Fantasy Basketball Champion Baltimore Bulldogs

Key is having much more talent than Russia has right now. The reffing has been awful this game, clear fouls not called, ticky tack fouls called, traveling calls missed, inadvertant whistle stoping the break etc
    Last edited by Chewy; 09-09-2010 at 12:47 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good test for USA. Russia brought the Greece gameplan to the table, and we beat it pretty well.

Lithuania is beating the **** out of Argentina right now...unless a comeback is in the works, it looks like it'll be USA vs Lithuania in the semis on Saturday.

For all the parity of the WBC, the #1 seeds are 26-1, about to be 27-1. Four years ago, the #1 seeds were 28-0 at this point.

Not too many upsets in the WBC. Talent wins.
    Last edited by Kstat; 09-09-2010 at 02:58 PM.

Wow! I'm stunned. It's midnight here, but i hear the cars beeping all over the place
    Before WBC i wrote a post saying that Lithuania has a weak team, because all the best players left except Linas Kleiza, which is the only star (and mediocre one in the NBA terms). Now i allmost agree with Kstat, that we have an excellent team.
    Regarding this game, imho it's an example showing that young, but hungry team wins against experienced and more tallented veterans in today basketball. And you can't depend on veterans playing major minutes.
    Well, it's time to face team USA. I just hope that our team will give a fight.
    I'm really sorry because of my english (which is my 3-4 language) and I really appreciate Your patience. I hope this board will make me better

Well, they arent going to miss open threes like Argentina did today...The USA is by far the best shooting team in the tournament so far. Zones are working for a quarter or two at most, and then they're getting blown apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Well, they arent going to miss open threes like Argentina did today...The USA is by far the best shooting team in the tournament so far. Zones are working for a quarter or two at most, and then they're getting blown apart.
    I would say that turkey is a little bit better.

I don't think that lithuania can win against usa, but maybe they will keep it pretty close, I hope so!

Turkey - Usa should be a great final! very interestning, espacially because turkey is playing at home!
    what do you americans think? do you think that turkey got a shot at the gold?

I'm so excited, let's just hope that the serbian team doesn't win in the semi!

semih erden!

Game about to start now. screw college football

It looks like we finally found a team we fear. We're taking this game very seriously.

Lithuania won't last long if they can't break the halfcourt trap we're employing.

Well, that was an early pummeling. Either Lithuania's going to get off the mat, or we're going to run them off the floor. They can't slow the game down if we're leading by double figures.

Kevin Durant continues to toy with pretty much every attempt to "defend" him. The downside of the FIBA obsession with zones is that their man to man defense is 50 years behind.

I'm not sure if I've seen Billups make a jump shot all tournament.
    Kevin Durant is something else. 24 points at halftime. He and Odom are just playing at another level.

This lithuania team is very tough, just hanging around. we better be careful

Durant.
    Thank you Jeff.

...and team USA is back in the World Finals for the first time in 16 years!

Serbia would be a better opponent on Sunday, but Turkey would be a better atmosphere.
    Last edited by Kstat; 09-11-2010 at 01:45 PM.

I'm loving the philosophy of letting Durant be Durant, and getting everybody else to play off of him.

I'm also impressed with the willingness of all these players to sacrifice their touches for the sake of the team.

Too much atheticism, too much Durant and Iguodala's defence on Kleiza for our team

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    Too much atheticism, too much Durant and Iguodala's defence on Kleiza for our team
    That's the thing. The 2nd most important player on this team is Andre Igoudala. He defends every team's best perimeter scorer. He did a fantastic job on Kleiza today.

Lithuania always plays the US well, and showed a lot of poise to keep from being blown out after that 1st quarter massacre. I think the US would have beaten most of these teams by 40 or 50 the way they came out today. When this team brings its A game, they are simply not going to lose.

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So did Danny play at all today?? If we happen to win this tournament it will at least be cool that Danny was on the championship team that hadn't won in almost 20 years.

No, but if it makes you feel any better, Derrick Rose was a DNP-CD for the 4th quarter. Coach K isn't pulling any punches with his defense. The second you slack off, he's hooking you.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post: