Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roy Hibbert & Paul George Fighting!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Roy Hibbert & Paul George Fighting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pretty much, his feet went pretty quickly once he filled out and I don't think that's a coincidence.

Anyways Roy is pushing 280 I believe so he still has room to lose a little. I would love to see him around 265 myself. Strength and mass aren't mutually inclusive anyways. Through the right kind of training he can still become stronger and lose weight at the same time.
    From the pictures being shown, I don't think that's going to happen. His body fat percentage looks pretty low. Just seeing the definition in his arms, and knowing the rest of the sites they use for manual measuring with calipers, I would be confident in saying he's under 10%, which is pretty damn good.

Say he just gets in tip-top shape, and drops down to the bare minimum for healthiness at around 4%-5% he wouldn't drop that much in overall weight. In fact, he might actually stay the same or even gain weight.

When you start getting into an extremely fit phsyique, body composition wise, there's not much room for weight to be lost.

During the workout video with Walton, when they were doing the standing tri extensions, you could see a bit of a shelf starting to form on his chest. (flat stomach and then a bit of a buldge where your pecs are, which shows the definition of the muscle group) I would say he's in great shape, and shouldn't change much. Your body can get stronger, without getting bigger. Changing your workouts after you plateau will make your muscle pathways become more efficent, without necessarily hypertrophy or gaining mass.

Be smart, listen to your body, and listen to your trainers Roy.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    From the pictures being shown, I don't think that's going to happen. His body fat percentage looks pretty low. Just seeing the definition in his arms, and knowing the rest of the sites they use for manual measuring with calipers, I would be confident in saying he's under 10%, which is pretty damn good.

Say he just gets in tip-top shape, and drops down to the bare minimum for healthiness at around 4%-5% he wouldn't drop that much in overall weight. In fact, he might actually stay the same or even gain weight.

When you start getting into an extremely fit phsyique, body composition wise, there's not much room for weight to be lost.

During the workout video with Walton, when they were doing the standing tri extensions, you could see a bit of a shelf starting to form on his chest. (flat stomach and then a bit of a buldge where your pecs are, which shows the definition of the muscle group) I would say he's in great shape, and shouldn't change much. Your body can get stronger, without getting bigger. Changing your workouts after you plateau will make your muscle pathways become more efficent, without necessarily hypertrophy or gaining mass.

Be smart, listen to your body, and listen to your trainers Roy.
    http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...-of-Fame-tutor
    by Mike Wells
    Hibbert, who acknowledged he wore down last season, has trimmed his body fat to 11.3 percent and wants to open camp at 10 percent.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Marlin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    Someone commented to McHale about how his physique compared to that of some younger, more chiseled players. McHale's reply was something to the effect of "While they're in the weight room working out, I'm on the court working on my game."
    Yeah, that's Austin Croshere. The hardest-working guy in history to fail to add a single move in 7 years.

But he was always in really good shape!
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Grown Man Ball

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    Pretty much, his feet went pretty quickly once he filled out and I don't think that's a coincidence.

Anyways Roy is pushing 280 I believe so he still has room to lose a little. I would love to see him around 265 myself. Strength and mass aren't mutually inclusive anyways. Through the right kind of training he can still become stronger and lose weight at the same time.
    That's what Roy was listed at coming out of Georgetown. I remember him looking thin compared to his college days. I'm quite sure he doesn't weigh 280 anymore.