Thread: Tom Brady vs Rex Ryan

Default Tom Brady vs Rex Ryan

I think he's directing his resentment to the wrong NY team

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...watch-the-show

Tom Brady on Hard Knocks: "I hate the Jets. I refuse to watch the show."
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 23, 2010 10:31 AM ET
    HBO's Hard Knocks is off to one of its most entertaining seasons yet. But the show doesn't interest the leader of the Jets' biggest rival to the East.

"You know, I haven't turned it on," Brady said on WEEI this morning, via the Boston Herald. "I hate the Jets. I refuse to support that show. . . . I'm sure it's great TV and I'm glad people are liking it. But that's something I have no interest in watching. I'd love to say a lot of mean things, too, but I'd rather not do that, either."

Because the Jets help to provide a lot of fluffy trash talking posts that don't amount to much, we also wanted to mention Brady's comments on what's changed about the Patriots offense. Brady says the team is going back to basics.

"What we've done is tear down a lot of the stuff we've done. Our basic offense or whatever, whatever number of core plays, that's what we've been doing. Trying to become really good at that before we start branching off. Guys like Randy [Moss], Wes [Welker], they've branched into everything. A lot of the young guys, they don't even know the other two playbooks that we have. They know one. And they're doing that well."

The Patriots will add wrinkles to the offense as they go, but Brady's comments support the notion that they will go back to their traditional two tight end sets a lot more this year.
    Last edited by Basketball Fan; 08-23-2010 at 08:12 PM.

Default Tom Brady vs Rex Ryan

And Rex has responded...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-the-patriots/

Rex Ryan: I don't like Tom Brady; he knows we hate the Patriots
    Posted by Michael David Smith on August 23, 2010 7:01 PM ET
    Jets coach Rex Ryan has responded to Patriots quarterback Tom Brady saying he doesn't watch Hard Knocks because he hates the Jets.

And Ryan managed to respond without dropping any "F" bombs -- at least according to the transcript of his comments sent along by the Jets' PR department.

Of Brady saying he refuses to watch the show, Ryan said, "He knows we hate the Patriots."

Of Brady saying he hates the Jets, Ryan said, "Join the club."

And of his own feelings toward Brady, Ryan noted that his brother, Rob Ryan, was an assistant coach on the 2001 and 2003 Patriots teams that Brady led to the Super Bowl and as a result of that has a lot of affection for Brady. But Rex has no similar affection for Brady.

"My brother has a couple Super Bowl rings and he loves Tom Brady," Ryan said. "I don't like Tom Brady