Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are we wanting from Rush.

Default What are we wanting from Rush.

I feel this is really the make or break year for Brandon. With all our expirings we will be starting to look for players that can help us win.

We know that hibbert and granger are players for the future. Collinson was brought in early because we had the chance to do it.

A Stud PF is our main concern at this current time. But if rush has another season where he looks lost and content with not being aggressive on the offensive end do we continue to wait for him?

The positives. We know he is a defensive stud. I think he will be even better this year on that side of the court. That has never been his problem though.

He was the 15th best 3 point shooter last year. In a offense that is designed to jack up three pointers he took on average between 3 and 4 a game.

Shooting only 89 free throws last season that means he really only got to the line EVERY OTHER GAME. Is this acceptable from your starting shooting guard? I would like to see that number tripled from our starting shooting guard. On comparison in about the same number of minutes Danny granger in his second year got to the line 294 times. That being said, I do not know if I would want rush at the line any more than he is. Only shooting a amazing 62 percent. This is from one of the better 3 point shooters in the league. How can you shoot above 40 percent behind the arc yet only shoot 60 percent at the charity stripe.

At the 2 position he is the perfect height 6'6 and has the perfect athletic body weighing in at 210. But for some reason he does not use his gifts. I can tell he is not confident in himself in games, and if he does not make some easy shots early he often fades away from the ball. I would really like to see him start to take it to the rack. It seems its three ball or nothing for him, which is disappointing because he has the tools to finish in traffic.

This is a stat that I cannot figure out. He may average 1-2 assists per game. Should we expect more from him since he has limited output in ppg? If he is not putting the ball through the hoop shouldn't he be finding ways for his teammates to do so? Once again I believe this has to do with the 3 ball or nothing mentality.

I would like to sit here and think maybe its bad coaching. But from what I see JOB loves to have him on the court. I honestly think there is just a switch in his head that is not flipped to the up position.

I really hope he is training hard this season and is looking to turn his career around. Because as it sits now I am afraid he is going to be at the end of someones bench or out of the league here in a few years because he will no longer have potential.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What are we wanting from Rush.

Darren is excited to play with him and thinks he can improve Brandon's game.

I don't think Brandon should be given the starting SG pressure anyway and I think it should go to a veteran like Mike or James for now and see how Paul and Brandon's season plays out.

In one word, consistency.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

This is Brandon's 3rd season. He has gotten lots of burn. If he doesn't start to get it together offensively, he should be packaged with an expiring before the trade deadline. I am pulling for him hard, and think he will always be at worst a good role player, but he is duplicative on this team at this time. Of the young guys, he has had the most opportunity to step it up. If he fails to do so again, lets give the other new guys a shot.

I want him to average 18ppg, 8 rebounds and 4 assists. Two blocks and two steals. While letting his own man score only 6ppg..... why not?

Seriously though, with Brandon I think you have to look at who's on the court with him. He's a guy that will probably be more productive offensively if he's paired with more scorers than less. Everyone knows he can shoot it from deep. He's one of the few players we want to see shoot MORE from out there. He also has a good ability to get to the rim - long legs, a quick first step....something, because it seems that he gets from the 3pt line to the rim in like two steps. The problem is he will have to finish more consistently.

I don't expect his FT attempts to raise much, he's not that type of guy. I don't think he is a bad FT shooter though. Such a small sample size...and often the first FT in the game is the one you might blow. If he shoots a higher total, that % will go up.

I'm really excited about Brandon, as I think he can flourish with someone other than Ford on the floor. He played better with Jack his rookie year, and the past year it looked like he played better with Price. Also, someone will have to take a few of Murphy's touches offensively, and I think Rush can step in and do it.

12/5/2 while playing solid defense is about ideal for Brandon. With Murphy off the floor and Brandon being an overall solid rebounder, you might see him pull down 6 a game. Not bad for a 2 guard. He's a guy that can explode offensively, but helps in so many other ways....that stat line would be about ideal for him.

Mood

As my former squad leader told me in Iraq "If you're going to make a mistake do it at full speed without hesitation."

I personally think Brandon's biggest problem is his apprehensiveness. Everyone makes mistakes. I want to see him be more decisive, come out of his shell, and be confident in his actions on the offensive end. When I see him make mistakes due to hesitation it irks me way more than a full speed mistake.

I may be reading to much into this as he is still young. Chicago J wrote, in another thread I can't recall, they said the same of a young Reggie being shy once upon a time.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to focused444 For This Useful Post:

I want him to finish at the rim with a dunk. I want him to attempt more than 1 FT per game on average. I want him to shoot closer to 80% from the FT line.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In one word, consistency.

Took the words right out of my mouth, or the key strokes right off of my fingertips.

I want a ball fake one dribble step in and shot part of his arsenal. I really don't think he's inconsistent as much as he can't create his own shot. I think this little baby step would help him in the scoring department much more. (As he typically either takes a three or passes...everyonce in a while he'll drive and miss..)

How 'bout he just not spend the first two months of the season looking like he just pooped his pants?

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:

Mood

I would like to see him be more assertive, go to the rim more, be a part of the offensive rather than just standing there passing the ball, playing help side defense and deny the ball with the same intensity that he plays on the ball defense. In short become a more well rounded, more consistent player.
    >>
    Last edited by BobbyMac; 08-21-2010 at 11:21 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BobbyMac For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    How 'bout he just not spend the first two months of the season looking like he just pooped his pants?

LMAO!!!

comedy gold ... comedy gold right there .... hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    Legitimate laughter for this one, thanks for that!

15 PPG on a nightly basis.

An efficient 12 ppg with his usual defense and rebounding.

Even when you're not scoring, be AGGRESSIVE. At least make teams know you're on the floor on offense.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Smile Re: What are we wanting from Rush.

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    An efficient 12 ppg with his usual defense and rebounding.

Even when you're not scoring, be AGGRESSIVE. At least make teams know you're on the floor on offense.
    ya he needs to play lockdown defense and guard the best player on the other team effectly maybe be in running for DPOY award give dg33 the easier assigment and just make the open jumpshots

DPOY may be pushing it a bit. His defense is not at that level yet. Not even all Defensive team yet.

I want Rush to make us forget about our first round draft pick. You know, what's his name.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    DPOY may be pushing it a bit. His defense is not at that level yet. Not even all Defensive team yet.
    there is an article i forget where at that said he was top 5 defender and he has one of the greatest efficy ratings

He wasn't on the first or second all defensive team last year. He is a long way from DPOY. Don't let the homerism fool you.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    He wasn't on the first or second all defensive team last year. He is a long way from DPOY. Don't let the homerism fool you.
    LOL im not a homer i dont really like him i would perfer paul geog start at the 2 he plays good D and has a great jumper but JOB would never start PG24 over rush

I want him to be the best all-around player on the court. If he is more aggressive and consistent I don't think it will be that hard.

I do think Rush plays good defense, but I need to see him shutdown some big name players to help us get wins before I anoit him the king of defense. He will be at a all defensive level when he guards Kobe, Lebron or Wade, Pierce, Durant, or Ellis and holds them to a descent number and we win. Defensive numbers don't look all that great win we lose games.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    I want him to be the best all-around player on the court. If he is more aggressive and consistent I don't think it will be that hard.
    unless were in summer league he is not gonna be the best player on the team let only the court lol

Best player, and best all-around often aren't the same. Anyways you got to consider the only real difference between him and Granger is that Granger is far more aggressive and consistent. If Granger is the best player on the team it isn't that big of a step.