View Poll Results: Trade Danny Granger to Denver for Carmelo Anthony

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! WHY NOT?

53 44.92%
  • NO...I LIKE WHAT WE HAVE NOW

65 55.08%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question: Will you trade Danny Granger to Denver for Carmelo Anthony?

Default Re: Question: Will you trade Danny Granger to Denver for Carmelo Anthony?

Quote Originally Posted by EmCeE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay, Melo is a better player, yes, but how much better really. Offensively it's obvious that Melo is better. Defensively, I would make the case that Danny is a better disrupter than Melo, but Melo is better on the glass. Melo is not really worth the max deal that he would demand, and Granger is worth every penny. Granger and Melo are very close in terms of shooting ability, but Melo gets the shot easier, BARELY. In fact, Danny gives Melo fits on defense. Melo is not that great at the end of the game taking the game winner, and Danny is his equal there. Melo can't win with one of, probably the best supporting cast in the league. Maybe, Danny could, we don't really know? Melo top 2/3 SF, Danny top 5-7 SF. Name seven SF's better than Danny.

If the deal was made striaght up, I don't think we would be any better. Melo is considered a NBA elite, but is definitely 2nd tier. He's no James, Bryant or Wade. He's a scorer that's it. Danny's a scorer that has great hands on defense and costs less, so to me, in the interest of building a better team, you keep Granger and leave the prima donna for stupid teams like the Knicks. It's a front office no brainer in my opinion.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlsCt2viDxU

Carmelo's game winners^^^....he's had A LOT more than Danny.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Izzy Mandelbaum For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Question: Will you trade Danny Granger to Denver for Carmelo Anthony?

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy Mandelbaum View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlsCt2viDxU

Carmelo's game winners^^^....he's had A LOT more than Danny.
    Then the playoffs came. .....and his team is better...more opportunities...better looks too.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by EmCeE View Post
    Then the playoffs came.
    We can say the same thing about Danny, just with different meaning.
    Grown Man Ball

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We really don't know yet.

Melo is a max player and he's worth every penny. He's a top 10 player in the NBA.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dece For This Useful Post:

Melo's a better player. But Danny's an all star, a hard worker and wants to be here. Melo, is in with the Lebron/Wade clique.

I'd rather have Danny.

Banned

Hell yes

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've watched dozens of games with Carmelo, and I don't think he's a much better player than Danny. He's better, but not by much.

Carmelo has more options inside the arc to score, but Danny's better the further away from the rim you get on offense. On defense I give Danny the edge by a little, but when he wants to play defense, that edge can get larger. They're very similar players in the end results, but each have different ways of getting the job done.

That said, I'll take the guy who wants to be here and will make several million dollars a year less for the small talent difference.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

I don't think Melo is as good as people make him out to be. Really I don't see much difference between Melo and Granger. Even if Melo is clearly a better player, I don't think his contract would be worth the slight improvement. Having Granger not only makes it easier to re-sign our young players, but would also make it easier to sign someone who would be a much more significant upgrade at PF than Melo would be at SF.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

They really just aren't all that similar. Danny cannot create his own offense, Melo can. I can't stress enough how big a difference this is.

Melo is a better ball handler, a better passer, has a post game, rebounds better, and I don't really get the claims that Danny is better on defense, Danny blocks a few shots, but he hasn't played defense in 2-3 years.

If it included a max/long term contract to ensure Melo was retained, ABSOLUTELY. It's not even close, a trade like that would no doubt require more from the Pacer's end.

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    Melo's a better player. But Danny's an all star, a hard worker and wants to be here. Melo, is in with the Lebron/Wade clique.

I'd rather have Danny.
    Sooooooo, you'd turn down an elite level player, if you could get your hands on him, because you don't like the Miami conglomerate?

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

I'd take Melo without thinking twice. I love Danny, but Melo's simply the better player.

Hasn't Melo been caught with weed a couple of times? Seems like I also remember reading something about questionable character, too.

Maybe I have him confused with someone else.
    “It is what we learn after we know it all that really counts” - John Wooden

Melo is a tough customer. He is right between Lebron and Danny.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    He is right between Lebron and Danny.
    He and quite a few others.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    He and quite a few others.
    I find that hard to believe.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pacerDU View Post
    This.
    +1
    He is NOT the guy to give a max contract to.

Mood

Yes, I'd do this trade only if Melo signs a long term extension. I really love Danny's game but IMHO Melo is the more talented player. Think if we could get a line up like this:

Collison/AJ/TJ
    Rush/Dunleavy/Lance
    Melo/George/Dunleavy
    Posey/Tyler/McBob/Rolle
    Hibbert/Foster/Rolle

I think that could be a pretty nasty line-up in the east.

Mood

My fear is Carmelo's character, not his talent. It's obvious he's more talented then Danny, but I like Danny's attitude and maturity level way more. I wonder if Carmelo would be able to mesh with the guys on the team.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

If melo would resign then yes.

Not only is he the better player but it would attract better players to Indy because melo is a top talent in the league.

People won't come here to play with Danny.

I wouldn't do it.

1. Significantly more dollars for Carmello once he re-signed, meaning far fewer dollars available to obtain help for him.

2. This team still needs improvement at several postions in order to become a contender. The difference between Carmello and Granger is "x", but the difference between what we have and what we need at SG and PF is "x+y". In other words, we have other positions that require far more improvement for us to contend than what we gain in going form Granger to Carmello. We have a pretty darn good wing in Granger, let's concentrate on improving other positions. Otherwise, you become better because you now have Carmello, but you still have your work cut out for you because we still fall far short at SG and PF.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Melo has had Billups, Martin, Birdman, and other talent around him. Granger hasnt really had much to work with esp a pg.

Would rather have Granger at 11M, than Melo at 16M. plus now that Granger has a pg, and other talent around him, I think he will improve overall as a player. Less energy exerted on the offensive end, and defenses not being able to focus on him only. I dont think Melo is that much better.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Melo's is a bonafide NBA superstar. Yes, I believe he's in the class of LeBron,Kobe Wade, Chris Paul and whoever else you want to put in that group. The NBA is a superstar driven deal. I like DG as much as the next guy, but if you have the chance to upgrade, you do it. However, it's a moot point because there's no reason why Carmello would sign an extension in Indiana if he's not going to sign one in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    They really just aren't all that similar. Danny cannot create his own offense, Melo can. I can't stress enough how big a difference this is.

Melo is a better ball handler, a better passer, has a post game, rebounds better, and I don't really get the claims that Danny is better on defense, Danny blocks a few shots, but he hasn't played defense in 2-3 years.
    I don't understand how "Danny cannot create his own offense." How do you score almost 26 points per game in the best basketball league in the world, when you "cannot create your own offense?" You mean to tell me that Earl Watson and TJ Ford are responsible for creating this offense?

IMO Carmelo is a level below Kobe, Lebron, Wade, etc. Would I trade them straight up? Probably, but I don't think it makes the Pacers much better.