View Poll Results: Trade Danny Granger to Denver for Carmelo Anthony

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! WHY NOT?

53 44.92%
  • NO...I LIKE WHAT WE HAVE NOW

65 55.08%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question: Will you trade Danny Granger to Denver for Carmelo Anthony?

Default Question: Will you trade Danny Granger to Denver for Carmelo Anthony?

Yes, you may say that Carmelo Anthony will not choose Pacers, But lets assume that he can go anywhere, do you want Pacers to do something about it?(We have to include Danny Granger to make it works as you know)

Default Re: Question: Will you trade Danny Granger to Denver for Carmelo Anthony?

I know Carmelo is more highly thought of as a player and I know he's a better overall talent and he's a year younger or so. I see them both primarily as scorers. My teams on the floor...for now at least.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Question: Will you trade Danny Granger to Denver for Carmelo Anthony?

No, not unless they restructured the deal before hand. Otherwise Melo would dart for NY, and we'd be screwed.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He'd have to sign a new deal immediately upon arrival. If he would do that, then it's a no brainer as much as I like Danny.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

If Melo would play for Danny's contract, then sure.

But he won't

So the question is not Danny for Melo, it's Danny and a bright future for Melo and a greater potential for a return to salary hell, or at least no wiggle room at all.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

If Melo will commit long-term, as Granger has, then yes, in a heartbeat
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Melo would play for Danny's contract, then sure.

But he won't

So the question is not Danny for Melo, it's Danny and a bright future for Melo and a greater potential for a return to salary hell, or at least no wiggle room at all.
    Part of the reason you want salary flexibility is so you can Get guys like Carmelo.
    Report: 82% Of Wiseguys Think They're Real Funny

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MrSparko For This Useful Post:

Yes, I would.

Anthony is just better. One way he is better is hitting tough shots against very good defense. Simply put Carmello is a tougher guy to guard. You can defend him perfectly and often times he will still score. Granger really isn't like that. And being able to score like that is vitally important to a team especially as you move into and through the playoffs

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Carmelo has Danny's entire offensive game and adds a brutal post scoring arsenal. He's clearly superior offensively to Danny.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Assuming I can immediately lock him up for the maximum permitted number of years, this gets a HECK YES! from me.

And I'd throw in any other player except Collison and Hibbert.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:

Just to clarify, no one here actually thinks there's a chance in hell that Anthony would ever consider playing in Indy, right? I find it odd that people keep sort of suggesting the possibility of it when it's an absolute impossibility...

I agree Carmelo is a better player, I should voted for him, but honestly I don't like him. I can't put my finger on it, he's just not a player I like. How's that for logic.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    I agree Carmelo is a better player, I should voted for him, but honestly I don't like him. I can't put my finger on it, he's just not a player I like. How's that for logic.
    I've got plenty of those (players I do not like), but Carmelo is not one of them.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Carmelo seems like a high level player with an overall problem with respect to taking a leadership role that is equal to his abilities as a player and may not do much to enhance overall team chemistry. Not that he actually hurts team chemistry mind you, just that he may not increase the overall positive energy of the team. That diminishes him overall in my view, so I keep the cheaper player in Danny who is just a step below Carmelo in skill but who at least seems to enhance the overall team spirit and chemistry.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pound-for-Pound, Carmelo is the strongest player in the NBA. I probably watched the Nuggets as much as the Pacers last season as Carmelo is one of my favorite players to watch. He has the total package. He's basically a stronger Kevin Durant. I haven't seen a player score through contact like he does on a regular basis since Michael Jordan circa '98.

His only weakness is he's not much of a facilitator but neither is Granger. I don't think Melo would want to sign with the Pacers long term but if he was agreeable Larry Bird would do that trade in a heartbeat. Since there's no way this ever happens my hope is that Danny develops at least half of the post-game that Melo has.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

As much as I like Danny this is a no brainer. Carmelo averaged 28 pts last year and he is a winner. He won a national championship at Syracuse and he was the leader on the team and the best player as a freshman. He has always been a winner at Denver even though he hasn't won a title yet. He even elevates his game in the post season last year he average 30.7 ppg in the post season.
    He is an absolute stud. A top 2 SF in the league.

IMO, I don't see much difference in what both of them have to offer.

Melo has poor character unlike Danny.

Danny is our star player so I'm sticking to keeping him.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

The answer is fairly obvious: If Melo were to re-sign with us, of course it'd be worth trading Danny for him. But I highly, highly doubt Melo would ever sign a longterm deal with the Pacers, so...no, I wouldn't trade Danny for Melo.

Wink Re: Question: Will you trade Danny Granger to Denver for Carmelo Anthony?

Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    The answer is fairly obvious: If Melo were to re-sign with us, of course it'd be worth trading Danny for him. But I highly, highly doubt Melo would ever sign a longterm deal with the Pacers, so...no, I wouldn't trade Danny for Melo.

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

I agree, you do it if you can lock Melo up for the Max.
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

hell yes.

melo>>>>granger

As much as I thoroughly enjoy watching my man Melo , I still have to remain faithful to Danny .

It's kind of like having a kid ,that you babysat and have watched grow up into something great from the start .. Granted , there are kid's who may go on to become bigger and better things , but the connection to the kid you watched from the beginning is alot stronger .. and it makes it all that much sweeter when he succeeds ..

That's the way I look at it ..

I mean sure , from a pure basketball standpoint at this moment in time... Of course Carmello is not only the better player at this point , but is a bigger global fan draw .. that's a no brainer..

I guess my ties and loyalties are stronger with Granger... I still think that he can become so much better than he currently is... I don't think he has reached his peak yet... I think with now having a very good pg. and the rest of the young core , he may come out even moreso and develop his game to the next level ...

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Okay, Melo is a better player, yes, but how much better really. Offensively it's obvious that Melo is better. Defensively, I would make the case that Danny is a better disrupter than Melo, but Melo is better on the glass. Melo is not really worth the max deal that he would demand, and Granger is worth every penny. Granger and Melo are very close in terms of shooting ability, but Melo gets the shot easier, BARELY. In fact, Danny gives Melo fits on defense. Melo is not that great at the end of the game taking the game winner, and Danny is his equal there. Melo can't win with one of, probably the best supporting cast in the league. Maybe, Danny could, we don't really know? Melo top 2/3 SF, Danny top 5-7 SF. Name seven SF's better than Danny.

If the deal was made striaght up, I don't think we would be any better. Melo is considered a NBA elite, but is definitely 2nd tier. He's no James, Bryant or Wade. He's a scorer that's it. Danny's a scorer that has great hands on defense and costs less, so to me, in the interest of building a better team, you keep Granger and leave the prima donna for stupid teams like the Knicks. It's a front office no brainer in my opinion.

Shouldn't the original question at hand be worded differently. "WILL you" implies that we actually have a say in the matter.
    Grown Man Ball

Quote Originally Posted by EmCeE View Post
    If the deal was made striaght up, I don't think we would be any better. Melo is considered a NBA elite, but is definitely 2nd tier. He's no James, Bryant or Wade. He's a scorer that's it. Danny's a scorer that has great hands on defense and costs less, so to me, in the interest of building a better team, you keep Granger and leave the prima donna for stupid teams like the Knicks. It's a front office no brainer in my opinion.
    This.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to pacerDU For This Useful Post: