Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A double standard when it comes to athletes and domestic violence

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Default Re: A double standard when it comes to athletes and domestic violence

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To tack on to the previous post...

So many women who are being abused don't even realize it. They've been so domesticated by society, that they believe it's perfectly normal for a man to lose his temper and slap her around. Some are so mentally damaged that they even fault themselves. Even when loved ones beg them to press charges, most don't.

This attitude among women of the victim blaming herself is not even uncommon. It's so far-fetched from a man's point of view, but it happens constantly.

For someone to say that women are just as commonly abusive and as damaging in the home as men...you have no ****ing idea what you're talking about.

kstat

in all honesty I hate men that use the intimidation of violence to control women, and so much goes unreported

I do man for real, I think of anyone touching my mom and I would literally want to take an iron and blood gen them to death.

I will never forgive mike vick for his act. It killed me when he said "I know now its wrong"

ok so were f'n idiots, you didnt know it was wrongwhen you were holding the poor dog under water till it died

I think anyone convicted of fighting pit bulls, they should take the people who had the dogs, put them in a cage and make the fight until one person is close to death

I hate abuse, I do

I also think that mental abuse, which is very hard to define, can even be worse at times

The worst thing is it is going on at the very second I am typing this, all over the world

Maybe we could spin this into a positive, I am willing to start a drive here and we could all give 5 bucks to a charity that helps abused women
    Sittin on top of the world!

Damn, can this thread be moved to an off topic board or something?

I come on this board to read about basketball and the Pacers...

You know, for amusement and as a mental break.

But all I can find over the past few days are these deeply moral discussions that question the fabric of society.

I come here for hot dogs and beers in plastic cups, not chateaubriand!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

In all honesty we should just lock up this thread but I'm just going to move it off of the Pacers board.

Please keep this civil.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    I do man for real, I think of anyone touching my mom and I would literally want to take an iron and blood gen them to death.

lol that's a new one .. I bet a few posters are squirming about right now..

I think you meant to say bludgeon.. heh but its all good, i needed a chuckle..

In my opinion , there is alot more physical abuse by men on women .. than there are women physically abusing men.. that is a GIVEN.. at the very least statistically..

Women on the other hand usually tend to not resort to physical violence , instead they tend to psychologically, mentally and verbally abuse ..

Of COURSE physical abuse is something that should NOT be tolerated in our society PERIOD! .. and I have a hatred for those who do beat up on someone else and abuse them physically .. I cannot stand a man hitting a woman.. there is no excuse for it unless it was in self defense .. and even then there is a difference between shoving , or hitting a woman trying to physically harm or maim/kill you with an object such as a knife , gun or frying pan ..

Let's face it abuse is abuse, no matter how you slice it ..

I honestly hate seeing this discussion taking place on a Pacer's forum.. IMO it should be kept within the pertinant threads dealing with Lance untill he is either found guilty , or not guilty ..
    since this whole subject is stemming from the alleged incident ...

Because it seems to me , that there are some forum members here , that this issue hits "close to home" , and it goes from one end of the spectrum to the other .. and there is no changing their feelings on the issue at hand , even without all the facts and the judicial process having taken place yet ..

That is NOT to blame these posters for their extreme feelings , but I really hate seeing it divide people on here, and cause tension/loathing between forum members...

This just isn't the place for that IMO. ..

I will say , contrary to popular belief .. in my own experiences , there really are some psycho women out there... Heck for the longest time , it seems that is all I seemed to attract ..

I've seen it all ... from men abusing women verbally , to physically ...
    I've seen women lying, being very controlling , using their children to hurt their spouse ..

It goes BOTH ways .. I REALLY hate seeing this turn into a men/woman bashing thing on here , as I feel it is beneath each and every one of us ...

I LOVE WOMEN!!!

I've seen a friend of mine go through it personally..
    The guy was a good dude , would NEVER, EVER lay a hand on a woman.. His psycho wife ..up and decided she was gonna take him to the cleaners, and try and mess up his life after he found her cheating on him with some guy she was meeting online off and on ..

She come home late (5am) after leaving him home with their 2yr old child all night .. Needless to say , they got into it , and to avoid further escalation , he got all he could stuff in a bag and called me to see if I could pick him up ..
    I came and picked him up (since they only had 1 car and he wasn't gonna leave the mother of his child without a access to a car )

And of course his wife was outside yelling like a lunatic , even yelling at me for picking him up ..

So he came to my house literally in tears .. Sometime that next day , she apparantly beat the crap out of herself .. and called the cops.. saying he beat her up.

Guess who got arrested?

That's right my friend did ..

He is damn lucky he had me as a witness and as an alibi , because if not he would have been falsely convicted ..

Still ended up costing him alot of money , I mean alot to get out of it..
    And not a DAMN thing ever happened to his wife out of the situation ..

Luckily they are divorced , and he has primary custody of the child .. So at least this story has a happy ending.. But at a great cost , both monetarily and mentally ..

All I am saying , is that lunatics, abusers and psycho's come in all shapes, sizes , colors, and genders .. and that NONE of it should be tolerated ...

As far as the Lance situation ,I am not gonna get all worked up and make assumptions nor judge him, untill he goes to trial , and however things play out... play out .....
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post: