Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 49

Thread: Your Rankings of PG's

  1. #1

    Default Your Rankings of PG's

    After reading the Yahoo rankings of top 20 PGs, I was just curious as to what everyone else's rankings would be?

    My list would probably go as follows:

    1. Darren Williams
    2. Chris Paul
    3. Rondo
    4. Nash
    5. Rose
    6. Westbrook
    7. Tyreke Evans
    8. Billups
    9. Stephen Curry
    10. Collison*
    11. Kidd
    12. Aaron Brooks
    13. Baron Davis
    14. Devin Harris
    15. Brandon Jennings
    16. Tony Parker
    17. Jameer Nelson
    18. Rodney Stuckey
    19. Mo Williams
    20. Louis Williams

    -On the bubble: Jarrett Jack, Calderon, Conley

    There is obviously going to be one glaring player that I left out and that is John Wall. I just find it hard to rank him without seeing him in one regular season game yet. But, if I had to I would probably put him in the 10-11 slot.

    *I know a lot of people are going to think I am a homer and being biased by ranking Collison so high at the 10 spot, but honestly I do think that he belongs between the 10-12 spot. His 12 pts and 5.7 asst average from his rookie season are bound to increase with more minutes (which were proven by his starter's role). Obviously that point could potentially be made for a few others, but once he was given the reigns as a starter, everyone saw his production.

    Other notes: The 1st and 2nd spots are honestly a toss up in my opinion. I could have easily had Paul as my highest ranked PG, but you cannot go wrong with either one. I just like Williams more because of high strength and size. Then there is the next tier in 3-5 with Rondo, Nash, and Rose. In my opinion this could go in any order as well. Some may argue that Westbrook belongs in that group as well.

    Now, what is everyone else's rankings for PGs? I am interested to see other people's opinions.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to rm14 For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,762

    Default Re: Your Rankings of PG's

    I don't have time to make a list at the moment but I just wonder if maybe you don't have Rose a little further down than he should be? Also while I am not that big of a fan of Devin Harris either I wonder if maybe he isn't also a little further down the list than necassary?


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  4. #3

    Default Re: Your Rankings of PG's

    I think your list is pretty good.I would flip flop Rose and Rondo and Collison/Parker.
    Last edited by nyballer31; 08-18-2010 at 03:27 PM.

  5. #4
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Your Rankings of PG's

    My List:

    Me
    Chris Paul
    Me
    Me
    Not Me
    Me
    Travis Diener

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Member Kamiyohk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    HongKong
    Posts
    226

    Default Re: Your Rankings of PG's

    i know u like Collison,but Aaron Brooks and Tony Parker are better than him now

  8. #6

    Default Re: Your Rankings of PG's

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamiyohk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i know u like Collison,but Aaron Brooks and Tony Parker are better than him now
    See, I'd probably agree with you on Brooks, but I just don't see him as a traditional PG. Nonetheless, after looking at that I would have to agree with you. And Parker, yes I would say you are probably right today, but by the end of the season I wouldn't say so.

  9. #7
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,580

    Default Re: Your Rankings of PG's

    Good list. Jennings is low on the list, I think, so is Jameer Nelson.

    Interesting how this list could change after next year, add Wall, may Kidd falls down. Collison could move up.

  10. #8

    Default Re: Your Rankings of PG's

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good list. Jennings is low on the list, I think, so is Jameer Nelson.

    Interesting how this list could change after next year, add Wall, may Kidd falls down. Collison could move up.
    Yeah, I honestly thought about him a lot when putting him that low. To be honest, I made this list relatively quickly. One of the reasons I had him lower was because of his shooting percentage, which was not that great. But, they have way more offensive threats this year by having Salmons for the whole season, adding Maggette and a few others. Meaning, he won't have to "force" as many shots. So yes, I definitely think he will be a much better player this year. Not to mention the fact that he was only a rookie last year.

  11. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Age
    28
    Posts
    846

    Default Re: Your Rankings of PG's

    1. Darren Williams
    2. Chris Paul
    3. Derrick Rose
    4. Steve Nash
    5. Rajon Rondo
    6. Chancey Billups
    7. Tyreke Evans
    8. Stephen Curry
    9. Brandon Jennings
    10. Russell Westbrook
    11. Tony Parker
    12. John Wall
    13. Jason Kidd
    14. Darren Collison
    15. Devin Harris
    16. Gilbert Arenas
    17. Jameer Nelson
    18. Aaron Brooks
    19. Raymond Felton
    20. Rodney Stuckey

    Honorable mention: Jarrett Jack, Baron Davis, Derek Fisher, Andre Miller, Eric Maynor

  12. #10
    Member ChristianDudley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,578

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Your Rankings of PG's

    I like your list, but not sure about Louis Williams in the top 20. I'd say Jack, Conley, and Calderon are all better than he is, at least as a PG.

  13. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,876
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Your Rankings of PG's

    Quote Originally Posted by microwave_oven View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1. Darren Williams
    2. Chris Paul
    3. Derrick Rose
    4. Steve Nash
    5. Rajon Rondo
    6. Chancey Billups
    7. Tyreke Evans
    8. Stephen Curry
    9. Brandon Jennings
    10. Russell Westbrook
    11. Tony Parker
    12. John Wall
    13. Jason Kidd
    14. Darren Collison
    15. Devin Harris
    16. Gilbert Arenas
    17. Jameer Nelson
    18. Aaron Brooks
    19. Raymond Felton
    20. Rodney Stuckey

    Honorable mention: Jarrett Jack, Baron Davis, Derek Fisher, Andre Miller, Eric Maynor
    nelson is a top 10 and brooks is top 15 at least and parker is top 10 other than that pretty good list

  14. #12

    Default Re: Your Rankings of PG's

    I'd almost switch places between Curry and Rose. I'd also lower Brooks and Devin Harris positions significantly; Billups and Parker deserve to be higher. Also, in my view, Mo and Louis Williams aren't top-20 PGs.

  15. #13
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Your Rankings of PG's

    i pretty much agree with the list. on a side note.. how good do you all think Tinsley could have been if he were able to stay healthy and out of trouble? top 10?

    Tins made some of the sickest passes ive ever seen from a pacer, couldnt shoot worth a darn (on the court anyways), and he had an knack for getting steals. he coulda been a really good pg for the blue and gold, certainly top 10 IMHO.

  16. #14
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,586

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Your Rankings of PG's

    1. Chris Paul
    2. Deron Williams
    3. Rajon Rondo
    4. Derrick Rose
    5. Steve Nash
    6. Tyreke Evans (though I think he'll ultimately end up as a SG before the end of his rookie contract)
    7. Russell Westbrook
    8. Jason Kidd
    9. Brandon Jennings
    10. Chauncey Billups
    11. Jameer Nelson
    12. Andre Miller
    13. Tony Parker (could be higher if he stays healthy)
    14. Steph Curry (would be rated higher but played more SG than PG last season)
    15. Aaron Brooks
    16. Devin Harris
    17. Darren Collison
    18. Baron Davis (though he would probably be close to top 5 if he played hard and stayed in shape)
    19. Raymond Felton
    20. Rodney Stuckey
    That list probably has at least one serious flaw that I'm neglecting but overall I'm pretty happy with it. It's tough to rank guys like Nelson, Parker, Brooks, etc. because they're more of scorers than facilitators. But they're still great players at their position.

  17. #15
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,586

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Your Rankings of PG's

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i pretty much agree with the list. on a side note.. how good do you all think Tinsley could have been if he were able to stay healthy and out of trouble? top 10?

    Tins made some of the sickest passes ive ever seen from a pacer, couldnt shoot worth a darn (on the court anyways), and he had an knack for getting steals. he coulda been a really good pg for the blue and gold, certainly top 10 IMHO.

    I liked Tins' game back in the day, but I really feel like his game was suited for Rucker Park more than the NBA... a lot of sizzle but only occasionally as much steak.

  18. #16
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Your Rankings of PG's

    My list would look similar to others, except Brandon Jennings would be near the bottom 20 on the list, and Collison would be 11-14, depending on how I felt when I sat down to do it.

    I just can't understand the Brandon Jennings love. I've watched him play plenty, and without that 55 point game I don't think anyone looks his direction nearly as much as they do. Let's put it this way, we complain about TJ Fords ability to finish at the rim, but he shot literally 10-14% better at the rim than Brandon Jennings did last year, depending on what year of TJ Ford you're looking at. That's horrific. It's not that he can't shoot a jumper, that's not why he shot 37% from the field, it's because he just can't make a shot. Including shooting sub 40% from the field at the rim.

  19. #17

    Default Re: Your Rankings of PG's

    Yea, I'd have to really think about a longer list, but I'll do top 5. This is hard for me because I do like the older pgs (Nash, Billups, Fisher)

    1. Rajon Rondo - none of the top 3 PGs are my type of PGs. They're talanted and everything, just not the type of PG I want, so this list is kind of hard for me. However, when I think of which of the top 3 (Deron, Rajon, Chris) can do the most for their team, I have to go with Rondo. Rondo is excellent defensively, he can get to the rim at will, he understands how to set teammates up, he's an incredible rebounder for his size. He can essentially do everything except shoot..and he tends to make the most important shots.
    2. Chris Paul
    3. Deron Williams
    4. Steve Nash (just because he's older)
    5. Chauncey Billups

  20. #18
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,586

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Your Rankings of PG's

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My list would look similar to others, except Brandon Jennings would be near the bottom 20 on the list, and Collison would be 11-14, depending on how I felt when I sat down to do it.

    I just can't understand the Brandon Jennings love. I've watched him play plenty, and without that 55 point game I don't think anyone looks his direction nearly as much as they do. Let's put it this way, we complain about TJ Fords ability to finish at the rim, but he shot literally 10-14% better at the rim than Brandon Jennings did last year, depending on what year of TJ Ford you're looking at. That's horrific. It's not that he can't shoot a jumper, that's not why he shot 37% from the field, it's because he just can't make a shot. Including shooting sub 40% from the field at the rim.
    His shooting is definitely a huge weakspot, but he's a rookie and it will definitely improve. And aside from that, he's a pretty darn wall-rounded player. He was making some huge plays for the Bucks down the stretch this past season and was arguably their best player after Bogut went down. He is a good passer, shoots the three exceptionally well for a rookie, and really played fantastic defense throughout the year. I think he's going to approach elite/franchise status before the end of next season.

    Obviously as you can probably tell, I'm absolutely in love with Jennings' game.

  21. #19

    Default Re: Your Rankings of PG's

    My list would be:

    1: Derron Williams
    2: Chris Paul
    3: Derrick Rose (Better shooter than Rondo, and if he had the same supporting cast...)
    4: Rajon Rondo
    5: Steve Nash
    6: Chauncy Billups
    7: Russell Westbrook
    8: Devin Harris
    9: Jameer Nelson (had to give him my love.... He is the heart of the team)
    10: Tony Parker
    11: Stephen Curry
    12: Jason Kidd
    13: Darren Collison
    14: Baron Davis
    15: John Wall
    16: Brandon Jennings
    17: Andre Miller
    18: Aaron Brooks
    19: Rodney Stuckey
    20: Louis Williams

    Evans** He is apparantly a PG but they said that of Lebron when he came into the league too. He looks more like a SG and a scorer than a play maker to me.

  22. #20
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Your Rankings of PG's

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamiyohk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i know u like Collison,but Aaron Brooks and Tony Parker are better than him now
    Parker might not even be the best PG on his own team....

  23. #21

    Default Re: Your Rankings of PG's

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Parker might not even be the best PG on his own team....
    Parker is most definitely the best pg on his own team, right now.

  24. #22
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Your Rankings of PG's

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Parker is most definitely the best pg on his own team, right now.
    Not if he can't stay healthy.
    Last edited by Day-V; 08-19-2010 at 02:01 AM.

  25. #23
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,762

    Default Re: Your Rankings of PG's

    Not that I disagree but when did it become popular to put Williams ahead of Paul in the greatest P.G. in the NBA talk?


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  26. #24

    Default Re: Your Rankings of PG's

    Don't have time for a top 20 or even 10, but I'll do my top 5.

    In no particular order:

    Dylan
    Dylan
    Dylan
    Dylan
    and Dylan

    because he dishes out hot fiyah!

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to smj887 For This Useful Post:


  28. #25

    Default Re: Your Rankings of PG's

    1. Steve Nash
    2. Chris Paul
    3. Deron Williams
    4. Rajon Rondo
    5. Russel Westbrook
    6. Derrick Rose
    7. Chauncey Billups
    8. Tyreke Evans
    9. Stephen Curry
    10. Devin Harris
    11. Jason Kidd
    12. Aaron Brooks
    13. Baron Davis
    14. Brandon Jennings
    15. Tony Parker
    16. Jameer Nelson
    17. Darren Collison
    18. Raymond Felton
    19. Rodney Stuckey
    20. George Hill

    Nash has carried Phoenix with his playmaking w/ or w/o Amare, and has clicked even with different coaches and different teammates, so I'll put him at the top of the list.

    Paul and Williams can be interchangeable since Paul is obviously more skilled in terms of scoring and playmaking and has been a strong candidate for MVP before, but Williams appears to be more solid and has already carried Utah to the Western Conference Finals.

    I have placed Collison on the lower part of the Top 20 because he has yet to show that he can consistently put up solid performances playing big minutes for the whole season. With his last season's stats as a started, he can easily become a Top 10 PG, and hopefully he can put those up for the Pacers and can contribute to a significant improvement in Pacers wins, minus the turnovers.

Similar Threads

  1. Could someone with ESPN insider post this article
    By dannygranger in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 09:36 AM
  2. ESPN Power Rankings Week 1
    By duke dynamite in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-04-2008, 12:18 PM
  3. ESPN Power Rankings
    By MyFavMartin in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 12:02 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2005, 11:07 AM
  5. Kahn's SG rankings
    By Fool in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-18-2004, 12:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •