Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 174

Thread: ESPN: Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Amundson hunt. Update post #159 - looks like he is going to the Hornets

  1. #1

    Default ESPN: Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Amundson hunt. Update post #159 - looks like he is going to the Hornets

    http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/pos...-amundson-hunt

    Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Amundson hunt

    By Marc Stein

    It’s not going to get people buzzing like the futures of Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul do in our post-LeBron world. Not even close.

    Yet it does rank as one of the growing curiosities in the NBA this summer:

    Why, on Aug. 18, is Louis Amundson still available?

    With his high-energy contributions throughout Phoenix’s thoroughly unexpected run to the Western Conference finals, Amundson didn’t merely cement his standing as a fan favorite in the desert. He legitimately emerged as one of the faces synonymous with the Suns’ vaunted bench bunch last season, which had Phoenix privately fearful throughout the playoffs that Amundson could attract some decent free-agent dollars in spite of his well-chronicled limitations as an offensively-challenged power forward who’s also undersized.

    Yet free agency is nearly seven weeks old and Amundson remains unsigned. He’s still waiting after watching the Suns decide to fill their Amare Stoudemire void by re-signing Channing Frye, signing Hakim Warrick and trading for Hedo Turkoglu to be a ball-handling power forward.

    It appears, though, that Amundson’s wait might finally be ending. Sources close to the situation say that the 6-foot-9, 225-pounder is inching closer to a decision, with at least three teams known to be actively in pursuit – Golden State, New Orleans and Indiana. One source says an unidentified fourth team remains in the mix.

    Another source told ESPN.com that the Hornets and Warriors are making the hardest push, but the Pacers have not been shy about their need for another big man after using Troy Murphy’s expiring contract last week to help facilitate the four-team traded that netted the point guard Indy has long coveted in Darren Collison.

    The 26 year old averaged 4.7 points, 4.4 rebounds and just under one block in 14.8 minutes per game last season and told the Arizona Republic earlier this summer that Charlotte and Toronto had also registered interest in signing him.

    Mind you, Amundson also acknowledged to the newspaper that he badly wanted to stay with the Suns or, after playing his high school ball in Colorado, perhaps hook on with the Denver Nuggets.

    “I really liked it [in Phoenix],” Amundson said. “I don’t like leaving.”
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 09-08-2010 at 09:55 AM.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

  2. #2
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,597

    Default Re: ESPN: Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Amundson hunt

    Really? Come on Larry. I think Amundson is a decent player, but where does he magically expect these roster spots to come from?

  3. #3
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,633

    Default Re: ESPN: Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Amundson hunt

    I would love Amundson on the club. The biggest problem is going to be trying to find enough min. to go around for everyone if Tyler is health.

    If we have to waive Solomon Jones to make this signing I would have no problem at all with it.

    Still wonder if another trade isn't coming.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,597

    Default Re: ESPN: Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Amundson hunt

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would love Amundson on the club. The biggest problem is going to be trying to find enough min. to go around for everyone if Tyler is health.

    If we have to waive Solomon Jones to make this signing I would have no problem at all with it.

    Still wonder if another trade isn't coming.
    Agreed. I forgot that Solo was even on the team. I'd be completely up for waiving him for Amundson.

    And I think another trade must be coming, because at this rate, even if we don't end up with Amundson, we still have a heck of a jam.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    2014 Champs HeliumFear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fort Branch,IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    369
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Amundson hunt

    I'm not a fan of Loooooooouuuuuuuu but I love the chants he gets from Phoenix.


    LOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUU
    Pacers,baby!

  8. #6
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,530

    Default Re: ESPN: Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Amundson hunt

    I like him, great effort guy, he'd be great to have in practice and could give you energy off the bench, if needed. He is very limited though. I'd take him over Solo easy, just on effort.

    If you can play Hansbrough and him, one or the other, it will annoy the hell out of the other team.

    I wouldn't want to sign him instead of signing Rolle though, if was a choice.

  9. #7
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Amundson hunt

    I would love to see Amundson in a Pacers uniform next season. I and a couple of other members on here have been keeping tabs on Lou since he was in Philly, and the kid has something in him that every team needs. He's basically Jeff Foster v.2. How many Pacers fans wouldn't want another Jeff Foster on the team, but the young, semi-athletic version?
    Grown Man Ball

  10. #8
    Member OakMoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,031

    Default Re: ESPN: Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Amundson hunt

    I don't mind Amundson at all.

    He is, however, smaller than Granger.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

    - Salman Rushdie

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OakMoses For This Useful Post:


  12. #9

    Default Re: ESPN: Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Amundson hunt

    Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    basically Jeff Foster v.2. How many Pacers fans wouldn't want another Jeff Foster on the team, but the young, semi-athletic version?

    He'd come a lot cheaper too!

    I'm one of those who has kept tabs on him since his days of 10 day contracts. My only concern is, where is all the minutes going to be for Hans, McBob, Foster, and Rolle if they sign Amundson? That's not even counting Granger's minutes at PF.

    As others have mentioned, there must be a trade coming, b/c the Pacers roster is at 15 now w/o signing Rolle. Signing Amundson would be 17 players. UNLESS, the Pacers would cut Ford and Solo, but with the Stephenson debacle cutting Ford might not be an option.

    This is more of a stop gap consideration by TPTB, and I really don't see the point with the future in mind.

  13. #10
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,083

    Default Re: ESPN: Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Amundson hunt

    I'm more interested in an athletic freak type defensive pf.

    Someone like Okafur, without the toxic contract and declining lateral quickness.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  15. #11
    Member Taterhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,288

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Amundson hunt

    I don't mind Amundson. But I don't think you need him and Hans. Hans is a bigger better version IMO. Amundson would probably just take minutes away from McRoberts and Rolle. So I would pass.

  16. #12
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Amundson hunt

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He'd come a lot cheaper too!

    I'm one of those who has kept tabs on him since his days of 10 day contracts. My only concern is, where is all the minutes going to be for Hans, McBob, Foster, and Rolle if they sign Amundson? That's not even counting Granger's minutes at PF.

    As others have mentioned, there must be a trade coming, b/c the Pacers roster is at 15 now w/o signing Rolle. Signing Amundson would be 17 players. UNLESS, the Pacers would cut Ford and Solo, but with the Stephenson debacle cutting Ford might not be an option.

    This is more of a stop gap consideration by TPTB, and I really don't see the point with the future in mind.

    Well I see Rolle playing any minutes that he will get as Roy's backup at the 5 spot, along with Foster. And this would eliminate any need for Granger to play any minutes at the 4. That would leave Amundson, Tyler and McBob to fight for minutes at the 4.

    And in regards to the poster that said Amundson is smaller than Granger, that's not true. He's 6'9 and about 240 pounds. Danny is 6'8 and about 225. Amundson is closer to Tyler's size.
    Grown Man Ball

  17. #13
    Member pianoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Muncie Indiana
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,349
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Amundson hunt

    If we could cut Solo and Stephenson, I'd be very excited in signing LOU!!!! I've been after this guy since the playoffs. It would give Foster/Rolle the b/u center minutes, while Hansbrough, McBob, and Lou get the pf minutes. I'd be fine with those 3 holding down the 4 spot this year. They'd be extremely scrappy, and would give teams nightmares if they are subbed correctly.
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

  18. #14
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Amundson hunt

    Quote Originally Posted by pianoman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we could cut Solo and Stephenson, I'd be very excited in signing LOU!!!! I've been after this guy since the playoffs. It would give Foster/Rolle the b/u center minutes, while Hansbrough, McBob, and Lou get the pf minutes. I'd be fine with those 3 holding down the 4 spot this year. They'd be extremely scrappy, and would give teams nightmares if they are subbed correctly.
    Exactly. Those are the type of guys that give "star" 4's nightmares because they MAKE them earn their paychecks. They're not concerned about looking good or making the Sportscenter Top 10, only with winning basketball games by any means necessary.
    Grown Man Ball

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:


  20. #15
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,267
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Amundson hunt

    S & T ??
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  21. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,624

    Default Re: ESPN: Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Amundson hunt

    If Bird is serious about wanting more scoring from the power positions than Lou would be a great addition.

    His FG% is over 50% for the last two seasons & he's only taken 2 3's in 5 seasons.

  22. #17
    Member Taterhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,288

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Amundson hunt

    Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly. Those are the type of guys that give "star" 4's nightmares because they MAKE them earn their paychecks. They're not concerned about looking good or making the Sportscenter Top 10, only with winning basketball games by any means necessary.
    Do they? I think they more struggle to be effective on the glass and defend at the rim. The athletes in the NBA are so amazing I think you need bigger guys up front. Plus Rolle is not a center. He is 6'10" about 215-220 lbs. After Hibbert your biggest guy in the rotation would be McRoberts, that is a small team in the front court without good enough athleticism to compensate.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Taterhead For This Useful Post:


  24. #18
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: ESPN: Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Amundson hunt

    Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Bird is serious about wanting more scoring from the power positions than Lou would be a great addition.

    His FG% is over 50% for the last two seasons & he's only taken 2 3's in 5 seasons.
    There's no scoring coming from Amundson. Of the 308 players who averaged 14 or more minutes per game last season, 244 of them (79%) scored more per 36 minutes than Amundson. He's strictly a garbage player, with over 60% of his shots coming on cuts and offensive rebounds.

    I have no problem with Louis, but he is not going to be a part of the type of power game that Bird was alluding to in his presser - particularly offensively.

  25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:


  26. #19
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Amundson hunt

    I'd really like for us to get Amundson.

    He and Tyler, when healthy can battle for the starting PF role.

  27. #20
    Member makaveli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Age
    41
    Posts
    184

    Default Re: ESPN: Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Amundson hunt

    From Bill Simmons via Twitter...

    @sportsguy33 Some urgency for Indy - they are low on white guys. RT @STEIN_LINE_HQ: Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Louis Amundson hunt. http://es.pn/94f7Rm





    Don't like Simmons, but that's pretty damn funny.
    Last edited by makaveli; 08-18-2010 at 10:41 AM. Reason: because

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to makaveli For This Useful Post:


  29. #21
    Pacers fan in FL Deadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    1,936

    Default Re: ESPN: Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Amundson hunt

    So far everyone here is just concerned about minutes and a roster spot. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we don't even have the money to sign this guy unless we work a S&T. The minutes problem is a good one to have, and I hope Larry puts us in that situation. What are the odds that everyone actually stays healthy in Pacerland? Collison didn't last a couple of minutes lol...

  30. #22
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,299

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Amundson hunt

    I'd rather stick with what we have. I don't see Amundson as much, if any, improvement.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  31. #23
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: ESPN: Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Amundson hunt

    Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't mind Amundson at all.

    He is, however, smaller than Granger.
    Plays bigger than Granger.

  32. #24
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN: Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Amundson hunt

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plays bigger than Granger.
    IS bigger than Granger.
    Grown Man Ball

  33. #25
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: ESPN: Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Amundson hunt

    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From Bill Simmons via Twitter...

    @sportsguy33 Some urgency for Indy - they are low on white guys. RT @STEIN_LINE_HQ: Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Louis Amundson hunt. http://es.pn/94f7Rm





    Don't like Simmons, but that's pretty damn funny.
    It was funny... 6,234,878 times ago.

  34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 09-02-2013, 05:30 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-21-2010, 09:41 AM
  3. These players might be available?
    By RamBo_Lamar in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 12:57 PM
  4. IBJ > Pacers' Next Fight? Damage Control
    By ChicagoJ in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-10-2006, 03:23 PM
  5. Complete Game 2 Coverage From The Detroit News & Detroit Free Press
    By obnoxiousmodesty in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 11:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •