Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Lance Stephenson Charged With Pushing Girlfriend Down Flight Of Stairs

Default Re: Lance Stephenson Charged With Pushing Girlfriend Down Flight Of Stairs

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We didn't get burned yet. Just cut him now or see if we can quickly trade him to some stupid team.
    If we cannot void his contract, we just got burned. It is time to cut bait.

Edit: I'm out. There will probably be 30 pages to this thread. It will be most interesting to see what the Pacers decide to do.
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 08-15-2010 at 09:47 PM.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Lance Stephenson Charged With Pushing Girlfriend Down Flight Of Stairs

Geeze.

Just when things were looking to get better...

You're only innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. In the court of public opinion, not so much...

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Geeze.

Just when things were looking to get better...

You're only innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. In the court of public opinion, not so much...
    Seriously, where's the possibility of him being innocent here.

What, do you think she's making it up? Or didn't know who actually pushed her?

With the problem this team has had with player conduct I hope they're pushing the conduct clause in the cba to it's limit with all contracts now.
    Cut him, keep Ford and move on. Sign Roll after all the summer trades are finished.

Well this is really sad.

I can't be too upset about him being picked in the second round. They took a chance and if this is any indication on how things will be then it isn't going to work out.

Signing him was premature but I don't think anyone had a problem with the signing after his play in the summer league.

It's just a shame because Lance is NBA material. I just can't understand how or why people with those rare gifts are willing to just **** it away.

I'd love to believe him, and yes people do fall down stairs just out of clumsiness.

But honestly, that seems unlikely that she just fell down a flight of stairs.

I honestly dont understand these kids. They have all the talent in the world, and they let such immature incidents ruin their futures. Shawne Williams is another example. The amount of money he could have made, compared to what he is doing now, is just mind boggling.

People would do anything to be in their shoes, and they just throw it all away by being immature. This does not only apply to Lance and Shawne, this happens to many sports professionals. We almost saw it happen to Arenas, and we all saw what happened to Micheal Vic..

What a shame
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    He will probably receive the proverbial second chance and perhaps a third chance. Trade him to the knicks, they need the drama.
    Yes, but the Knicks were smart enough to not draft him at either 38 or 39. I guess at least Donnie learned his lesson.

Look, a bad rep isn't the end of the world. Brad Miller wasn't drafted due to rumors of substance abuse, and he went 10 years before he was busted. But the Pacers needed to wait until they were good again before they took this kind of chance. It doesn't matter how many milk drinkers we've had the last couple years, we've sucked so nobody pays attention. Now when this news hits the layman is going to say, "Same old Pacers."

Fustrating.
    Last edited by Kegboy; 08-15-2010 at 09:42 PM.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Nerd.
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    Seriously, where's the possibility of him being innocent here.

What, do you think she's making it up? Or didn't know who actually pushed her?
    Oh, I was not commenting on my feelings on the matter. It was directed to those who are saying "innocent until proven guilty". Not so much in public opinion.

I will say that I've seen stranger things happen, this story may have all the facts presented OR it may not, so I'll reserve judgement until I get more information on the subject matter at hand.

As for probability/possibility, you cannot assess a number to this.

Sports Logo

Assault in the 3rd degree is a Class A (the most serious) Misdemeanor in the state of New York. He could get a maximum of one year in jail, but my guess is he will get probation, community service, and be placed in a treatment program.

He could use some of that guaranteed money on a nice lawyer.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge24 View Post
    I'd love to believe him, and yes people do fall down stairs just out of clumsiness.

But honestly, that seems unlikely that she just fell down a flight of stairs.
    Wait...did he make a statement of innocence somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Pointz View Post
    I noticed on ShamSports that they have his contract as unguaranteed for the final 2 years. Which is it?
    IndyStar says 3 and 1.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...acers-contract

What about battery charges? This is also battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    Yes, but the Knicks were smart enough to not draft him at either 38 or 39. I guess at least Donnie learned his lesson.

Look, a bad rep isn't the end of the world. Brad Miller wasn't drafted due to rumors of substance abuse, and he went 10 years before he was busted. But the Pacers needed to wait until they were good again before they took this kind of chance. It doesn't matter how many milk drinkers we've had the last couple years, we've sucked so nobody pays attention. Now when this news hits the layman is going to say, "Same old Pacers."

Fustrating.
    Problem is, if you limit yourself to milk-drinkers, you probably aren't going to have a good team.

Catch-22.

100% REAL, 0% OF THE TIME the jaddler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    Assault in the 3rd degree is a Class A (the most serious) Misdemeanor in the state of New York. He could get a maximum of one year in jail, but my guess is he will get probation, community service, and be placed in a treatment program.

He could use some of that guaranteed money on a nice lawyer.
    Just read on wthr that he was charged with 2 felonies and a misdemeanor. I don't know how to post the link on my phone.
    I CANT SPELL!

THERE ARE THOSE THAT HAVE AND THOSE THAT WILL!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Let's hope he breached the contract. The Pacers are all kinds of stupid if they had the chance to write that in the contract and did not.
    I'm not aware of any sports contract that can be voided on an assault charge. Unfortunately, roughing up a girlfriend is not exactly a new thing.

And apparently, this is a misdemeanor in that state.

And at this point, it's simply a charge. Could be pled down, etc.

Oh man... such potential, possibly wasted :-(

As a Pacers fan I really hope that the team does not suffer as a result of this. Hopefully, if Lance is mentally able, he can continue with the team and turn himself around.

OR, if he did in fact do what is being reported, hopefully we can void the contract and escape from this nightmare before it really starts...

But most importantly, I really hope that this young man can get his life together. As much as we all are quick to blame and judge players like Artest, Tinsley and now Stephenson... We have to remember they are real people with their own "real lives" to go through... Just because they are wealthy athletes does not change that.

God be with him and the young lady as well.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

If I were Wade or Mayo, I'd be really worried right bout now....

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by danman View Post
    I'm not aware of any sports contract that can be voided on an assault charge. Unfortunately, roughing up a girlfriend is not exactly a new thing.

And apparently, this is a misdemeanor in that state.

And at this point, it's simply a charge. Could be pled down, etc.
    "Stephenson, a second-round pick from Cincinnati, was arrested for two felonies - second degree reckless endangerment and assault - and a misdemeanor charge of third degree menacing."

Source: WTHR.Com

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Problem is, if you limit yourself to milk-drinkers, you probably aren't going to have a good team.

Catch-22.
    Well, there's milk drinkers, and there's guys who've never been convicted of a crime. You don't necessarily have to have the former to have the latter.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by the jaddler View Post
    Just read on wthr that he was charged with 2 felonies and a misdemeanor. I don't know how to post the link on my phone.

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=12983241

New York - An Indiana Pacers rookie was arrested Saturday in New York City.
    Police in New York City confirm to Eyewitness News that Lance Stephenson, 19, was arrested in Brooklyn just after 5:30 a.m. Sunday. Police had been called to an altercation at an apartment building on Avenue Z and arrived to find the player had gotten into a fight with his girlfriend in a stairwell.

Investigators at the scene found Stephenson was in a fight with 21-year-old Jasmine Williams and banged her head against a wall, then shoved her down a flight of stairs.

Williams was transported to a local hospital for head and neck injuries. Police say she fell down 10 stairs.

Stephenson, a second-round pick from Cincinnati, was arrested for two felonies - second degree reckless endangerment and assault - and a misdemeanor charge of third degree menacing.

Pacers President Larry Bird said in a statement Sunday night the team is investigating the incident.

"We have been made aware of a situation involving Lance Stephenson early Sunday morning in Brooklyn. We are currently in the process of gathering information and will have further comments as we learn more facts," Bird said.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I'm confused because what WTHR said he was arrested for are not felonies in the state of New York. Reckless endangerment in the second degree is a class A misdemeanor. Menacing in the third degree is a Class B misdemeanor.

Grow up Lance!

How can you do this to a woman or anyone for that matter?

I can't imagine how Bird is feeling about Lance getting into trouble.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

seriously someone needs to get this curse off our team...its like we cant be happy for two seconds anymore cause shi* just comes crashing down right afterwards...*sigh*

29. The Following User Says Thank You to bellisimo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post

Catch-22.
    I don't recall Rasheed Wallace ever beating up his wife....

This doesn't even stop at the level of "knucklehead." It rises way, way past that into the Jayson Williams realm of "will he eventually kill someone?"