Thread: ESPN Insider: Pacers to add a big now.

Default ESPN Insider: Pacers to add a big now.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors#17903

A few days ago, Larry Bird told FanHouse the team could make another trade this offsesaon.

And Danny Granger has now given further details to FanHouse about whom they might target.

"We're not done yet," Granger said to FanHouse after Team USA in a scrimmage Saturday against China at Madison Square Garden. "I talked to management, and we're not done yet. What will happen, I don't know yet. We're still mulling over it. But we got a few things still up our sleeve.

"We're going to have to go after another big, I'm sure," said the 6-foot-8 Granger. "Losing Troy, he was great. I can play the (power forward) but I'm not a true (power forward). So we're definitely going to have to add another big, and I think that will be our main focus."

With Tyler Hansbrough still working back from his vertigo-like ailments, the team is thin at power forward. The Pacers have a couple expiring contracts to work with, so those could be used in any such deal for a big.

=========================================

Seems that since losing murphy indy doesn't want to have to play Granger at 4. There aren't many high quality stretch 4s out there so it should be interesting who the pacers go after.

Horford more then likely will not happen since atl will atleast try to retain him after the year. david west wont happen either since nola is tryin to put together a team to win now. One player who has been talked about on here is Carl Landry. He would be alot easier to get then you would think. The kings already have their bigs with dalembert and cousins as straters plus 4 other bigs including landry. So they have 6 low post players. The others aren't as good as landry but, you gotta get what you can for a player while he is still wanted by other teams. Kings also need some wing help very badly. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/roster?team=sac

I'm not certain who the kings will want from us. Maybe they would take dunleavy or posey plus solo or mcbob. Either way the pacers will need to move 2 players to that they can sign Rolle. kings have 4 guards already so no chance ford would go to them. The kings may want Rush in on the mix since he is a young wing. This should be very interesting to see who the pacers will target.

Would you be willing to give up Rush and say solo for Landry?

not sure if this was posted already but, it is impossible to keep up with ever post now that they have blown up since the trade.
    2012: Pacers return to glory

Paul George All Day

Default Re: ESPN Insider: Pacers to add a big now.

why would this be an ESPN insider? This info was posted on REAL GM
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would be willing to give up Rush & Solo for Carl Landry, but I would be more interested in giving up Rush & a future 2nd rounder for Jason Thompson
    Last edited by SMosley21; 08-15-2010 at 11:23 AM.
    Grown Man Ball

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    why would this be an ESPN insider? This info was posted on REAL GM
    espn always uploads other sites findings since more people go to espn then real gm.

Paul George All Day

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers2012 View Post
    There aren't many high quality stretch 4s out there so it should be interesting who the pacers go after.
    The last thing they should do is go after another "stretch 4". Just get a real POWER forward.

The others aren't as good as landry but, you gotta get what you can for a player while he is still wanted by other teams.
    Just "getting what you can" leads right back into being a mediocre team. The Pacers avoided doing that with the most recent trade, and should take the same path in any future trade.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    I would be willing to give up Rush & Solo for Carl Landry, but I would be more interested in giving up Rush & Solo for Jason Thompson
    Yea i was thinkin about that too since he is 2yrs younger then landry but, i haven't seen him play. His number look great yes but, he is listed as a C and more then likly only played center last year since they didnt have dalembert at the time. Plus some centers aren't as effective at pf then they are at center but, idk it would be good if he could play pf. I think they pacers might add a pf that we aren't even talking about on here like a thompson.

Paul George All Day

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    The last thing they should do is go after another "stretch 4". Just get a real POWER forward.

Just "getting what you can" leads right back into being a mediocre team. The Pacers avoided doing that with the most recent trade, and should take the same path in any future trade.
    Oh trust me I am totally against gettin a stretch 4. I want to get back to the 90s bash bros style. I want a dale davis type player but who can score and shoot better then what dale could.

But from what bird said at the press conference for the trade he is tryin to find that POWER forward. so thats great news

Paul George All Day

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacers2012 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

One player who has been talked about on here is Carl Landry. He would be alot easier to get then you would think. The kings already have their bigs with dalembert and cousins as straters plus 4 other bigs including landry. So they have 6 low post players. The others aren't as good as landry but, you gotta get what you can for a player while he is still wanted by other teams. Kings also need some wing help very badly. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/roster?team=sac

I'm not certain who the kings will want from us. Maybe they would take dunleavy or posey plus solo or mcbob. Either way the pacers will need to move 2 players to that they can sign Rolle. kings have 4 guards already so no chance ford would go to them. The kings may want Rush in on the mix since he is a young wing. This should be very interesting to see who the pacers will target.

not sure if this was posted already but, it is impossible to keep up with ever post now that they have blown up since the trade.
    The Kings currently have a PF/C rotation of:

Landry/Thompson/Dalembert/Cousins/Whiteside

Landry and Thompson are their only PFs. I could see some reluctance for them to move one or the other.

If it were an option...I'd be okay with BRush+Solo ( to clear the roster spot ) for JT or Landry. As to which....I'd lean towards Landry...for the PR factor...but becuase he's a much more efficient scorer and finisher.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Banned

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors#17903

A few days ago, Larry Bird told FanHouse the team could make another trade this offsesaon.

And Danny Granger has now given further details to FanHouse about whom they might target.

"We're not done yet," Granger said to FanHouse after Team USA in a scrimmage Saturday against China at Madison Square Garden. "I talked to management, and we're not done yet. What will happen, I don't know yet. We're still mulling over it. But we got a few things still up our sleeve.

"We're going to have to go after another big, I'm sure," said the 6-foot-8 Granger. "Losing Troy, he was great. I can play the (power forward) but I'm not a true (power forward). So we're definitely going to have to add another big, and I think that will be our main focus."

With Tyler Hansbrough still working back from his vertigo-like ailments, the team is thin at power forward. The Pacers have a couple expiring contracts to work with, so those could be used in any such deal for a big.

=========================================

Seems that since losing murphy indy doesn't want to have to play Granger at 4. There aren't many high quality stretch 4s out there so it should be interesting who the pacers go after.

Horford more then likely will not happen since atl will atleast try to retain him after the year. david west wont happen either since nola is tryin to put together a team to win now. One player who has been talked about on here is Carl Landry. He would be alot easier to get then you would think. The kings already have their bigs with dalembert and cousins as straters plus 4 other bigs including landry. So they have 6 low post players. The others aren't as good as landry but, you gotta get what you can for a player while he is still wanted by other teams. Kings also need some wing help very badly. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/roster?team=sac

NO to Rush for Landry. Don't care about Solo. (sorry, he seems like a nice guy)
    Landry is good (and a Boilermaker) but he's not THAT good and he's an undersized 4.
    IF RUsh is as good as he's going to be then maybe, Landry probably is as good as he's going to be. Rush hopefully is not.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post

EXACTLY!
    If it isn't the long term solution, we shouldn't do it.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MLB007 View Post
    Landry is good (and a Boilermaker) but he's not THAT good and he's an undersized 4.
    IF RUsh is as good as he's going to be then maybe, Landry probably is as good as he's going to be. Rush hopefully is not.
    If we are going to get the type of PF that we think we want for the next 2 or 3 seasons....I doubt that we will get it with just an Expiring Contract. I'd like to believe that trades like the Murphy for Collison deal happens all the time....but I'm not going to hold my breath hoping for one given the rarity where we get back a prospect like Collison. My guess is that if we want to get a quality Starting Player....sweetner ( likely BRush given our depth at the Wing Position ) will likely be included.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by MLB007 View Post
    If you want a quality pf that has proven he can be effective then we are going to have to give up something. using the kings as an example, would you want dunleavy and solo for landry no, would u want posey and dunleavy for landry possibly but, id say no. not every trade can be like the murph trade. I want to hang on to Rush atleast for this year and if he cant be consistent then trade him or w/e but, landry is a proven post scorer averaging 18ppg and 6.5rpg while with the kings. Carl has never averaged under 4.9rpg in a season so he is consistent and is good for 15ppg and alteast 5rebounds.

My guess would be the pacers are going to try and find a young pf that hasn't played alot but they think can get the job done that way they dont have to give up rush and aren't dedicating alot of money to whoever we get cause we could add a pf next off season or in the draft that is loaded with PF.

Paul George All Day