Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Malone gives short Hall of Fame jacket to boy

  1. #1
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,989

    Thumbs up Malone gives short Hall of Fame jacket to boy

    Malone gives short Hall of Fame jacket to boy

    http://www.nba.com/2010/news/08/13/j...s=iref:nbahpt2




    Posted Aug 13 2010 4:46PM

    SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (AP) -- The Mailman delivered again.

    Karl Malone will go home with a spot in Hall of Fame. Unlike the other inductees, though, he'll go without his Hall of Fame jacket.

    The sports coat with the Hall of Fame logo now belongs to a young boy in a wheelchair, who watched as Malone and the other new members of the Hall of Fame class took questions and posed for pictures Friday.

    "I told him when he graduates from high school he will have a jacket to wear," Malone said.

    The coat didn't exactly fit to begin with. The sleeves were well short on his arms and so tight that Malone joked maybe it was supposed to be fellow inductee Scottie Pippen's.

    "My 12-year-old daughter couldn't get into it," Malone said, laughing.

    The former Utah Jazz star wondered what he would do with the jacket anyway.

    "Put it in some closet and years from now blow the dust off of it, light up a cigar, and look at it?" he said. "This little boy will do something with it. I loved that I did it."

    A Hall of Fame spokesman said he didn't know the boy's name.






    .
    .

    Pretty classy gesture if you ask me .. I always did enjoy watching Karl Malone and Stockton , while growing up... They were definitely electric to watch ..

    .

    .
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,605

    Default Re: Malone gives short Hall of Fame jacket to boy

    Class isn't really something I'd normally use to describe Malone.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ozwalt72 For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,989

    Default Re: Malone gives short Hall of Fame jacket to boy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozwalt72 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Class isn't really something I'd normally use to describe Malone.
    +1 true enough ...

    I said the "gesture" was classy though..
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  6. #4
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Malone gives short Hall of Fame jacket to boy

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mailman
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This little boy will do something with it. I loved that I did it.
    Stay classy, Mailman!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,595

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Malone gives short Hall of Fame jacket to boy

    Maybe he should give it to one of his 15-some kids he refuses to acknowledge.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lord Helmet For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,631

    Default Re: Malone gives short Hall of Fame jacket to boy

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stay classy, Mailman!
    Nothing wrong with that. You should love doing touching and expected things for other people!
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Doug For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 09:50 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 05:40 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 12:30 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 09:20 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 01:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •