Thread: What Polian said.

Default What Polian said.

Attended Polian's dinner last week but haven't had a chance to put down some of the things he said.

#1 Dungy was against using the 7th round pick for Dave Kimball and thought it was a waste. It was Polian's decision to use it because Kimball had an agreement to sign as a free agent with the Giants if he was not picked. He gave the impression unless Kimball falls flat on his face he'll make the team.

#2 Look for Joe Hamilton to make it as a backup QB and actually see playing time during the season. Looks as though Manning may come out on 4th and inches.

#3 Polian said Edgerrin James will NOT/NEVER be traded this season. He is back to his former self and they (Colts) need him to win the Super Bowl this year and thats all that matters. They'll worry about contracts after the season. Polian gave the impression this is the year the Colts win it all and don't count on Edge being back next year.

#4 Walt Coleman and crew did a terrible job in the AFC champ game. Did not come out and say they were robbed, but believed they would have been in the Super Bowl if the whistles weren't swallowed.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What Polian said.

Thanks for the info RWB. Well, I think everyone sees the need for better kickoffs. I figured the Kimball pick was all Polian, and anti-Dungy. Intriguing on the Joe Hamilton tidbit. I suppose we're looking to be able to gain inches with a QB sneak, something they're not willing to do with Peyton. Interesting. Don't know if that'll be any more effective, but interesting. As for the contracts, I don't understand why Polian won't try to work on future players contracts during the season. We always hear about players negotiating their contracts with Polian after the SB ends, never beforehand.

And yeah, the officiating crew at the AFC Championship game blew. Everyone knows it but Patriots fans.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I went to the blue-white game and I am almost certain that David will make the team...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Thanks, RWB. I am pleased about everything that you reported. I really think David will make a significant difference this season.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why would Manning come out on 4th and Inches?So Joe Hamilton can try to QB sneak or something?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacerfan2425
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would Manning come out on 4th and Inches?So Joe Hamilton can try to QB sneak or something?
    The team is scared to death that Peyton could injure a knee or something with all those bodies piling on top of him on a QB sneak. He's too valuable to risk on a play like that.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Quote Originally Posted by obnoxiousmodesty
    Quote Originally Posted by pacerfan2425
    The team is scared to death that Peyton could injure a knee or something with all those bodies piling on top of him on a QB sneak. He's too valuable to risk on a play like that.
    Maybe Peyton should only play on obvious running situations then?

That should help protect him!

On a serious note... how often has a QB be injured on a QB sneak? I've seen plenty of sneaks but can't ever remember an injury.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

well, i'd like to see us trade edge. it is almost certain (in my mind) that he is as good as gone. i remember hearing him talk in interviews a little while back and he said absolutely nothing in terms of shooting down the rumors and talk of him going to miami now that ricky williams has quit. it would be nice to trade him for something instead of just letting him get away for nothing. but, i guess another way to look at it is: running backs often have a very short lifespan. i know pro football careers are often short but, especially running backs. and who knows when or where that next big hit could happen. i figure edge is probably halfway thru in his career. he already has one major knee injury. another and it could probably be it for the edge.