Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

  1. #1
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

    27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep">

    There's allot of good info throughout... well worth the watch!
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

    Wow. "What about TJ? Well, TJ's on the team and we expect him to be professional and come in here and work hard to try to get a job."

    Ouch.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  4. #3
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

    Nice props to Josh... Bird's definitely all about Tyler, but Morway's definitely into Josh.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  5. #4
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

    "I can't see us going into the season with the group that we have."
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  6. #5
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,631

    Default Re: 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

    Well, Bird did confirm we are going into the 3rd year of the "3 year plan". I always wondered when the clock started on that.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  7. #6
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,904

    Default Re: 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, Bird did confirm we are going into the 3rd year of the "3 year plan". I always wondered when the clock started on that.
    I thought he meant this was the second year and next season was the third year. I took that to mean next summer and start of the season is the third year


    also found it interesting that they got some calls for their wings. I think that means Posey. Sure a few of the top teams are looking to acquire him

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  9. #7
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

    Morway was making the rounds on the radio shows this afternoon, saying the "take the day off thing," but he also said that he didn't think the team would start the season with the roster as it is.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:


  11. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought he meant this was the second year and next season was the third year. I took that to mean next summer and start of the season is the third year


    also found it interesting that they got some calls for their wings. I think that means Posey. Sure a few of the top teams are looking to acquire him
    I bet they are getting calls for Djones too, he could help a contender and is cheap

  12. #9
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,605

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

    I'll pack DJones bags for him.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  14. #10
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll pack DJones bags for him.
    I have a feeling we're going to trade him to a team for a future draft pick and/or waive Solomon Jones.

  15. #11

    Default Re: 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow. "What about TJ? Well, TJ's on the team and we expect him to be professional and come in here and work hard to try to get a job."

    Ouch.
    Well, he's behind Collison and Price, and probably Lance...

  16. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,607

    Default Re: 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow. "What about TJ? Well, TJ's on the team and we expect him to be professional and come in here and work hard to try to get a job."

    Ouch.
    When I heard it live I thought he said something about "bringing in Collison to compete with TJ" when they asked if Collison's going to be the immediate starter.

    EDIT: Though, I just view it as lip service in hopes that they find a trade

  17. #13

    Default Re: 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

    Great news about Tyler!!

    Everyone wave hello and goodbye to James Posey.

  18. #14
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,821

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

    Two words: "POWER" and "GAME." I practically wept when Bird said we will player a power game. However, I am skeptical.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:


  20. #15

    Default Re: 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought he meant this was the second year and next season was the third year. I took that to mean next summer and start of the season is the third year


    also found it interesting that they got some calls for their wings. I think that means Posey. Sure a few of the top teams are looking to acquire him
    I took it as we are going into the 3rd year of the plan, and next summer ends the 3 years. But I suppose he wasn't very clear.

  21. #16
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,943
    Mood

    Default Re: 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

    No mention of Troy other than clarifying that he (Troy) is a "stretch 4" not a "power forward."

    I guess Larry's as stoked to be rid of him as most fans are.

  22. #17
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,635

    Default Re: 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

    Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No mention of Troy other than clarifying that he (Troy) is a "stretch 4" not a "power forward."

    I guess Larry's as stoked to be rid of him as most fans are.
    Yeah. We perpetuate the mystery of just how much Bird/Morway are or aren't on board with the JOB plan.

    On one hand I can get the whole "holding place" angle, but on the other hand these have been prime development years for the young players that have been wasted on a cheap gimmick system that's all lip service and no goods (earn PT with defense, take good shots but don't live by the 3, etc).

    I mean I really like Josh's game and have since I first saw him play for the Pacers, so if I'm in Morway's shoes I'd have been having the same meltdowns in the front office that I've been having here. So do they really feel this way or is it just a show for the fans?

    I know coaches don't grow on trees, but the last couple of years would have been a great time to give some fresh blood a chance to earn some low pressure coaching hours while doing some real teaching and development. Obviously Stevens is a hot name right now, but if not him then a similar age/type of coach who's eager to take a run at the next level. It couldn't have worked out much worse. You've brought in quality kids like Roy and Tyler so it's not like you couldn't have an air of respect in the locker room with a younger coach who's looking to be innovative in a more traditional sense (ahem, defense...again like Butler showed).

    And then Bird discusses the whole PF thing after Morway's Josh comment and says specifically that they'd like to see Josh scoring more AROUND THE RIM, so just what in the F-bomb did they think about the summer league style?!?



    Bottom line, I like their vision but I'm still waiting to really see it put forth in anything but a passive sense. It's like they are waiting for someone else to make their vision come to life, and it sure as s*** ain't gonna be JOB.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 08-12-2010 at 12:19 AM.

  23. #18
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,576
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

    Hasn't O'Brien generally been at similar press conferences in the past since he has been here? I wonder what he actually thinks about the various aspects of what was said, and of Murphy being gone?

  24. #19
    Pacers fan in FL Deadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    1,941

    Default Re: 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hasn't O'Brien generally been at similar press conferences in the past since he has been here? I wonder what he actually thinks about the various aspects of what was said, and of Murphy being gone?

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deadshot For This Useful Post:


  26. #20
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,904

    Default Re: 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

    Quote Originally Posted by rm14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I took it as we are going into the 3rd year of the plan, and next summer ends the 3 years. But I suppose he wasn't very clear.
    The three years started when Donnie left which was two years ago. So I guess this is the third summer of Bird and only Bird running things, and we are entering the third regular season of Bird running things. But I always thought Bird was building everything to when the contracts expire.

  27. #21
    Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indy's North Side
    Posts
    1,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I mean I really like Josh's game and have since I first saw him play for the Pacers, so if I'm in Morway's shoes I'd have been having the same meltdowns in the front office that I've been having here. So do they really feel this way or is it just a show for the fans?

    And then Bird discusses the whole PF thing after Morway's Josh comment and says specifically that they'd like to see Josh scoring more AROUND THE RIM, so just what in the F-bomb did they think about the summer league style?!?
    I agree w/ this. I would say that to be sucessful & well-rounded, Josh did/does need to work on his shooting, but I think the summer league was a joke & almost a waisted effort for Josh. Not his fault, he was doing what was asked, but I'm not sure his game grew or improved because of it. The best thing about Josh being in Orlando was the chemistry he developed w/ the young guys, & the advise I'm sure he gave them.

    If no moves mappen between now & the season (though I am sure somehow we find a spot for Rolle), & assuming Tyler is healthy & ready to go, I think Josh should start @ PF. When he is not, 7 JOB wants to go small-ball, then Danny plays the 4 & P.George plays the 3. Either way, a young player needing min's is playing. I see Tyler as the energy-type guy off the bench as his best fit anyway.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

  28. #22
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,841

    Default Re: 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great news about Tyler!!

    Everyone wave hello and goodbye to James Posey.
    What the news about Tyler and Posey??? Sorry I cant watch the video at work no speakers.

    Thanks in advance
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  29. #23
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,775

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

    Why can't I see these embedded videos...
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  30. #24
    Pacers fan in FL Deadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    1,941

    Default Re: 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What the news about Tyler and Posey??? Sorry I cant watch the video at work no speakers.

    Thanks in advance
    I watched the video yesterday but from what I remember it was the same generic, "He's been improving and working very hard but I'm not doctor" speech.

    As of right now, Posey is a part of the team and could very well contribute this year. But they also mentioned that the summer is not over several times.

  31. #25
    Womens Wrestling Champion El Pacero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    718

    Default Re: 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

    Bird did say that the doctors tell him Tyler will be ready to play by training camp.

Similar Threads

  1. Could someone with ESPN insider post this article
    By dannygranger in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 09:36 AM
  2. Replies: 61
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 06:14 PM
  3. Complete Game 2 Coverage From The Detroit News & Detroit Free Press
    By obnoxiousmodesty in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 11:21 AM
  4. 4-15-2004
    By Ragnar in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2004, 01:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •