Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep">

There's allot of good info throughout... well worth the watch!
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Default Re: 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

Wow. "What about TJ? Well, TJ's on the team and we expect him to be professional and come in here and work hard to try to get a job."

Ouch.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Nice props to Josh... Bird's definitely all about Tyler, but Morway's definitely into Josh.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

"I can't see us going into the season with the group that we have."

Enjoy your time at PD!

Well, Bird did confirm we are going into the 3rd year of the "3 year plan". I always wondered when the clock started on that.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, Bird did confirm we are going into the 3rd year of the "3 year plan". I always wondered when the clock started on that.
    I thought he meant this was the second year and next season was the third year. I took that to mean next summer and start of the season is the third year

also found it interesting that they got some calls for their wings. I think that means Posey. Sure a few of the top teams are looking to acquire him

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Morway was making the rounds on the radio shows this afternoon, saying the "take the day off thing," but he also said that he didn't think the team would start the season with the roster as it is.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I thought he meant this was the second year and next season was the third year. I took that to mean next summer and start of the season is the third year

also found it interesting that they got some calls for their wings. I think that means Posey. Sure a few of the top teams are looking to acquire him
    I bet they are getting calls for Djones too, he could help a contender and is cheap

I'll pack DJones bags for him.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I'll pack DJones bags for him.
    I have a feeling we're going to trade him to a team for a future draft pick and/or waive Solomon Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Wow. "What about TJ? Well, TJ's on the team and we expect him to be professional and come in here and work hard to try to get a job."

Ouch.
    Well, he's behind Collison and Price, and probably Lance...

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post

Ouch.
    When I heard it live I thought he said something about "bringing in Collison to compete with TJ" when they asked if Collison's going to be the immediate starter.

EDIT: Though, I just view it as lip service in hopes that they find a trade

Great news about Tyler!!

Everyone wave hello and goodbye to James Posey.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Two words: "POWER" and "GAME." I practically wept when Bird said we will player a power game. However, I am skeptical.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post

I took it as we are going into the 3rd year of the plan, and next summer ends the 3 years. But I suppose he wasn't very clear.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

No mention of Troy other than clarifying that he (Troy) is a "stretch 4" not a "power forward."

I guess Larry's as stoked to be rid of him as most fans are.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    No mention of Troy other than clarifying that he (Troy) is a "stretch 4" not a "power forward."

I guess Larry's as stoked to be rid of him as most fans are.
    Yeah. We perpetuate the mystery of just how much Bird/Morway are or aren't on board with the JOB plan.

On one hand I can get the whole "holding place" angle, but on the other hand these have been prime development years for the young players that have been wasted on a cheap gimmick system that's all lip service and no goods (earn PT with defense, take good shots but don't live by the 3, etc).

I mean I really like Josh's game and have since I first saw him play for the Pacers, so if I'm in Morway's shoes I'd have been having the same meltdowns in the front office that I've been having here. So do they really feel this way or is it just a show for the fans?

I know coaches don't grow on trees, but the last couple of years would have been a great time to give some fresh blood a chance to earn some low pressure coaching hours while doing some real teaching and development. Obviously Stevens is a hot name right now, but if not him then a similar age/type of coach who's eager to take a run at the next level. It couldn't have worked out much worse. You've brought in quality kids like Roy and Tyler so it's not like you couldn't have an air of respect in the locker room with a younger coach who's looking to be innovative in a more traditional sense (ahem, defense...again like Butler showed).

And then Bird discusses the whole PF thing after Morway's Josh comment and says specifically that they'd like to see Josh scoring more AROUND THE RIM, so just what in the F-bomb did they think about the summer league style?!?

Bottom line, I like their vision but I'm still waiting to really see it put forth in anything but a passive sense. It's like they are waiting for someone else to make their vision come to life, and it sure as s*** ain't gonna be JOB.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 08-12-2010 at 12:19 AM.

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Hasn't O'Brien generally been at similar press conferences in the past since he has been here? I wonder what he actually thinks about the various aspects of what was said, and of Murphy being gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    Hasn't O'Brien generally been at similar press conferences in the past since he has been here? I wonder what he actually thinks about the various aspects of what was said, and of Murphy being gone?

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deadshot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rm14 View Post
    I took it as we are going into the 3rd year of the plan, and next summer ends the 3 years. But I suppose he wasn't very clear.
    The three years started when Donnie left which was two years ago. So I guess this is the third summer of Bird and only Bird running things, and we are entering the third regular season of Bird running things. But I always thought Bird was building everything to when the contracts expire.

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    I mean I really like Josh's game and have since I first saw him play for the Pacers, so if I'm in Morway's shoes I'd have been having the same meltdowns in the front office that I've been having here. So do they really feel this way or is it just a show for the fans?

And then Bird discusses the whole PF thing after Morway's Josh comment and says specifically that they'd like to see Josh scoring more AROUND THE RIM, so just what in the F-bomb did they think about the summer league style?!?
    I agree w/ this. I would say that to be sucessful & well-rounded, Josh did/does need to work on his shooting, but I think the summer league was a joke & almost a waisted effort for Josh. Not his fault, he was doing what was asked, but I'm not sure his game grew or improved because of it. The best thing about Josh being in Orlando was the chemistry he developed w/ the young guys, & the advise I'm sure he gave them.

If no moves mappen between now & the season (though I am sure somehow we find a spot for Rolle), & assuming Tyler is healthy & ready to go, I think Josh should start @ PF. When he is not, 7 JOB wants to go small-ball, then Danny plays the 4 & P.George plays the 3. Either way, a young player needing min's is playing. I see Tyler as the energy-type guy off the bench as his best fit anyway.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Great news about Tyler!!

Everyone wave hello and goodbye to James Posey.
    What the news about Tyler and Posey??? Sorry I cant watch the video at work no speakers.

Thanks in advance
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why can't I see these embedded videos...
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    What the news about Tyler and Posey??? Sorry I cant watch the video at work no speakers.

Thanks in advance
    I watched the video yesterday but from what I remember it was the same generic, "He's been improving and working very hard but I'm not doctor" speech.

As of right now, Posey is a part of the team and could very well contribute this year. But they also mentioned that the summer is not over several times.

Womens Wrestling Champion El Pacero's Avatar

Bird did say that the doctors tell him Tyler will be ready to play by training camp.