Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

Default Re: 8-11-10 Trade Press Conference Video (Golden nuggets throughout)

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought he meant this was the second year and next season was the third year. I took that to mean next summer and start of the season is the third year

also found it interesting that they got some calls for their wings. I think that means Posey. Sure a few of the top teams are looking to acquire him
    I believe there is a significant waiting period before he can be traded again. TO me Posey is untradeable by himself until next year. His contract is huge and the HOrnets found no better offer for Collison + Posey. This indicates to me that its probably Rush and Djones that teams are interested in.

Could be wrong but......

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    I believe there is a significant waiting period before he can be traded again. TO me Posey is untradeable by himself until next year. His contract is huge and the HOrnets found no better offer for Collison + Posey. This indicates to me that its probably Rush and Djones that teams are interested in.

Could be wrong but......
    Posey can be traded immediately, by himself, but not until 2 months from acquisition with other players.

I don't like Posey's contract, but I wouldn't classify it as huge.

Also, I don't think that Bird/Morway view Posey as dead weight. I think they believe he can be a useful player for the length of his contract - both on the floor and as a trading asset.

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    Posey can be traded immediately, by himself, but not until 2 months from acquisition with other players.

I don't like Posey's contract, but I wouldn't classify it as huge.

Also, I don't think that Bird/Morway view Posey as dead weight. I think they believe he can be a useful player for the length of his contract - both on the floor and as a trading asset.
    Its all relative right.. Paying 14 mill for 5 ppg and 4 rpg is a huge contract to me.

I agree that Bird looks at him as a asset but I am not sure other teams do atleast not anymore.

Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Its all relative right.. Paying 14 mill for 5 ppg and 4 rpg is a huge contract to me.

I agree that Bird looks at him as a asset but I am not sure other teams do atleast not anymore.

Thanks for the clarification.
    Fair point, and I certainly couldn't say you were wrong.

I actually hadn't thought about Posey in terms of numbers - at this point. I think he has some things to offer this team that it's missing - particularly if they want to make a run at the playoffs. I like Posey better than Dunleavy or Dahntay, and I'm not really expecting them to move him.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    Hasn't O'Brien generally been at similar press conferences in the past since he has been here? I wonder what he actually thinks about the various aspects of what was said, and of Murphy being gone?
    O'Brien is out of town at his daughter's wedding. That is what Mike Wells just said on the Dan Dakich show

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    O'Brien is out of town at his daughter's wedding. That is what Mike Wells just said on the Dan Dakich show
    Anything new that was talked about?

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Anything new that was talked about?
    Yes, but I'd rather not say.

OK, OK. Wells was on Dakich and Wells mentioned that about an hour earlier he spoke with O'Brien and wells asked him about the power forward position. Besdies the depth at that position, he said he can go small with either Posey or Granger at that spot.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post: