Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think TJ's playing chicken, thinking that the Pacers will just waive him outright - which they might.
    I hope you are right.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    Not at a salary hit of 8.5 million this year.
    Not even a "Hey, I'll take your crap if you take mine." kind of thing? I just hate getting nothing for an expiring contract.

So how long before Collison can't figure out JOB's offense, gets frustrated, gets benched, and everyone kills Bird for trading for him?

Hopefully never, but you know how things go around here...

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Swish View Post
    Not even a "Hey, I'll take your crap if you take mine." kind of thing? I just hate getting nothing for an expiring contract.
    We'd be able to keep Rolle...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Am I the only person at work who can not focus on work right now?

I have not been this happy since 2000. I mean I loved getting rid of O'Neal but at the time I wasn't sure about what we got back although I had hopes for Roy.

But this, this trade makes me so d@mn happy I can't see straight.

Not only did we unload Troy Murphy in the deal but we landed a young point guard who I think will be good to great in the long run.

If you would have told me that we traded Troy Murphy for James Posey I would have probably told you that was the best we could do, but we got Collison in the deal???? Are you kidding me.

Thank you Chris Paul for demanding that trade. I have a feeling that trading off Collison was one of their way's of saying "your our guy".

Danny at the 4? I don't care. I mean I don't like it but I know who our coach is and I know he is going to use him there so if my choice is Mike Dunleavy at the 3 and Danny at the 4 with the other young guys coming in off of the bench over Troy Murphy at the 4 and 5 then I will gladly take Mike & Danny.

My heart is racing.

This is surreal to me.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: 4 way deal in works? Collison, Posey to Ind, Murphy to NJ?

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Are you sure the loud thunder wasn't the mass celebrations in the streets of Indy when news of this broke?
    Well, I'm about 50+ miles south of Indy, but judging by this thread it could have been.

Sports Logo

I think TJ's playing chicken, thinking that the Pacers will just waive him outright - which they might.
    I'm assuming that if we waive him that he'll get his full $8.5 mil?

Regardless, the net effect ( at least on the # of Players on the roster ) is the same in a buy-out situation compared to being waived?

If Ford is gone ( one way or another ), are we down to 15?

Does that include the option to sign Rolle ( as in, we are down to 14 and can now sign Rolle )?

or

Is it 15 ( not including Rolle )?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Swish View Post
    we would only be interested in a star player or another expiring contract.

we wouldn't want to lock up a long term 8.5 million salary base deal for x years.

another expiring would be good but would we really want that or could we save more money via buyout?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Not sure is anyone said this already but, hopefully we will buy out posey and sign Magnum if this deal gets done...
    No way. If we were buying anyone just to open up a roster spot for Rolle, it would either be SJones on the low end or TJFord on the high end.

I think folks overlook Posey. He is a very serviceable player. His fit is probably much better for the Pacers than for New Orleans. He is able to hit the open 3, which JOB will like, and he also plays pretty decent defense, which everyone will like.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

I'm not sure I can believe this yet...but wow...this day just got a lot brighter. Does this mean Danny at the 4 from now on?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Come on!!!! A+ DEAL!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kamiyohk For This Useful Post:

[green]Obviously, the best thing about this deal is that McRoberts will get minutes.[/green]

I find it embarrassing to quote myself, but I just wanted to add that - if Bird does buy out Ford - I will henceforth refer to TJ as "Moe Green."
    I assume that you gotta really be into the "Not Cho Cheese" commercial?

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post

My heart is racing.

This is surreal to me.
    I know, right?!?!

And it's not even for the typical Pacer-fan reasons... Mainly shock and horror and utter disbelief at the stupidity we have been subjected to.

It's a... GOOD day to be a Pacers fan!

HAH!!!
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

19. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    You're right...he's a SG/SF. Before signing with the Hornets, Posey was the good luck charm for Teams. When he went to Miami, the Heat won a Championship. When he went to the Celtics, they won a Championship. Of course, I guess that trading for Shaq ( for the Heat ) and then the Celtics trading for KG/Allen makes a huge difference.

If he still has some gas in his tank...my guess is that JO'B will play Posey ( specifically a Vet that can still hit the 3pt shot and shows some inkling for perimeter defense ) behind Granger/Dunleavy/BRush in the SG/SF rotation.

I always wanted Posey on the Pacers....too bad it's 3 or 4 years too late.
    My guess is that this sets the Pacers up to deal Dunleavy, with Posey taking his spot in the rotation, if any interest is out there for Dunleavy (probably not from the Clippers ).

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    [green]Obviously, the best thing about this deal is that McRoberts will get minutes.[/green]
    WIN.

I find it embarrassing to quote myself, but I just wanted to add that - if Bird does buy out Ford - I will henceforth refer to TJ as "Moe Green."

TJ Ford's latest tweet: Gonna miss Troy Murphy!!! My teammate of 2 yrs... Back home in NJ.. 5 minutes ago via TweetDeck

http://twitter.com/tj_ford

I think it's time for a Troy Murphy Appreciation Thread...Trophy?

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Dont get too excited guys. This has happened to us plenty of times before. We thought we got rid of Tinsley to Orlando, then Ford to Bobcats...

I want it to happen but wont get excited till its all over
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Larry Bird says I told ya'll I could do it.

I know Posey isn't quite Byron Scott, but he has won before. Can he be a vet leader in the locker room? I'm on cloud 9 right now.

Default Re: 4 way deal in works? Collison, Posey to Ind, Murphy to NJ?

I wish I would never have seen this as now I am going to crash like the hendinburgh when this doesn't happen.

If this does happen I will nominate Larry Bird for Sainthood.
    Quoted for posterity.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

A point, TJ wasn't interested in a buyout when he thought he would be starting, now he might change his tune.
    Last edited by Will Galen; 08-11-2010 at 02:48 PM.

Am I the only person at work who can not focus on work right now?

I have not been this happy since 2000. I mean I loved getting rid of O'Neal but at the time I wasn't sure about what we got back although I had hopes for Roy.

But this, this trade makes me so d@mn happy I can't see straight.

Not only did we unload Troy Murphy in the deal but we landed a young point guard who I think will be good to great in the long run.

If you would have told me that we traded Troy Murphy for James Posey I would have probably told you that was the best we could do, but we got Collison in the deal???? Are you kidding me.

Thank you Chris Paul for demanding that trade. I have a feeling that trading off Collison was one of their way's of saying "your our guy".

Danny at the 4? I don't care. I mean I don't like it but I know who our coach is and I know he is going to use him there so if my choice is Mike Dunleavy at the 3 and Danny at the 4 with the other young guys coming in off of the bench over Troy Murphy at the 4 and 5 then I will gladly take Mike & Danny.

My heart is racing.

This is surreal to me.

I am so with you man. This is maybe the best day I can remember since the 2000 finals. Everything bad I have ever said about Larry, I totally take back. Larry Bird - GM of the year.

They turned Troy freakin Murphy, Murph the Matador, the worst defensive forward in the history of the NBA into Collison... wow. Epic.

I'm at work and can't even focus on my job lol. The people here must think I'm crazy with me walking around with a stupid grin on my face like it's Xmas morning!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

The next question is.....do we keep trying to develop Lance as a 1?

Where does this put us in the playoff hunt? Is there hope?