Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There isn't a team in the league that would give a 2nd rounder for TJ Ford?
    Not at a salary hit of 8.5 million this year.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to flox For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

LARRY YOU ARE A GOD

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What a great day. I just got my Cowboys - Redskins tickets today as well.

If this trade it true I will post naked pictures of my self on the internet!

WA-HOO!!!!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Swish View Post
    There isn't a team in the league that would give a 2nd rounder for TJ Ford?
    I doubt there is a team in the league with that much cap space that is in that big of a need for Ford. And plus, if they do have that much cap space, they can just sign him after his buyout for cheap and keep their draft pick.

But TJ isn't going to be on the wish list for a team with that much room.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    What a great day. I just got my Cowboys - Redskins tickets today as well.

If this trade it true I will post naked pictures of my self on the internet!

WA-HOO!!!!!!
    You mean you weren't supposed to send me those on facebook last week?

Quote Originally Posted by binarysolo View Post
    WojYahooNBA: The Pacers are negotiating a buyout with T.J. Ford's agent on the $8.5 million owed the point guard this season, league sources tell Y!.
    bump

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    I'm not high on Collison, and as much as I dogged Murphy during his first year with the team, I am upset that we weren't the first team he made the playoffs with. I doubt New Jersey will be either.
    I'm not as high on him either, I don't really know if he's much more than a really good backup. That being said, Murphy & Posey is a fair price for him, even as a really good backup. At the very least, he's another asset we could package down the road with Dunleavy or Posey again.

Can Posey play power forward?
    Dahntay did.

When can we swing him to a contender for future pieces?
    I think it's three months if we include other pieces. But we could trade him whenever if we sent him alone. Whether anyone else wants him now is a question.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:

I <3 LARRY BIRD

WOW!!!!!

I'm immediately changing my PD mood from counting to something else!!

This is the best I've felt in 2 years!

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    Wow - it's like the end of "The Godfather" - Bird's settling all family business.
    I find it embarrassing to quote myself, but I just wanted to add that - if Bird does buy out Ford - I will henceforth refer to TJ as "Moe Green."

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I'm guessing that you're being sarcastic about Posey playing PF.
    I don't really follow a lot of teams outside of the Pacers. I know he's primarily a SF, but I was wondering if Miami, Boston or New Orleans ever used him as a PF. Judging by your inference that I was being sarcastic, I am assuming the answer to that question is no.

Sports Logo

I can't find the link ( it's a recent Twitter from Wells on the right side of yesterday's Blog by Wells at http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/that does not appear on Wells' Twitter page ), but Wells says:

T.J Ford says he's not interested in taking a buyout from the Pacers.
    I guess TJ will be sitting behind the bench along with the rookies in a suit.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

D'Allesandro reports the official announcement will be later this afternoon.

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/201...ta_native.html

They will announce later this afternoon that they have acquired Troy Murphy, the former Delbarton High star who has been languishing in Indiana the past 3 seasons, according to an agent who has an interest in the five-player swap.
    and...

The Pacers, therefore are the big winners in the deal because they finally get their starting-quality point guard in Collison; and the Rockets were the only team that isn’t entering the deal with much enthusiasm, but are taking part in the deal for monetary reasons.
    !!!!!
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/20906581653

"The Pacers are still working on trade possibiltiies with T.J. Ford, as well as on-going discussions of a buyout, sources say."
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

As long as TJ doesn't mope about playing time or his role, I wouldn't care if he stuck around. Obviously, we need to free up some roster spots to sign Magnum Rolle though.

Talking Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    Doesn't Collison have 1 year left on his contract?
    I think that 2011-12 is a team option.

That's a good deal if it goes through. Hopefully Collison isn't a one-hit wonder and can play the point on a nightly base with enhanced minutes. For the time being he will probably be backed up by Stephenson, granted that the buyout of Ford is successful.

Is A.J. Price's contract / salary guarenteed already or is there an option to be picked up?

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I guess TJ will be sitting behind the bench along with the rookies in a suit.
    I think TJ's playing chicken, thinking that the Pacers will just waive him outright - which they might.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    I find it embarrassing to quote myself, but I just wanted to add that - if Bird does buy out Ford - I will henceforth refer to TJ as "Moe Green."
    So do we change his name from Larry Legend to Don Legend?

Quote Originally Posted by pathil275 View Post
    That's a good deal if it goes through. Hopefully Collison isn't a one-hit wonder and can play the point on a nightly base with enhanced minutes. For the time being he will probably be backed up by Stephenson, granted that the buyout of Ford is successful.

Is A.J. Price's contract / salary guarenteed already or is there an option to be picked up?
    AJ's contract is only partially guaranteed - $175k (IIRC) as of 8/1. This trade actually makes AJ's roster spot more secure.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Uhg... even if we buyout Solo.. w/o being able to buyout TJ we can't sign Rolle... Selfish TJ, doesn't he know he hurts his stock more not taking a buyout and sitting the bench than being a free agent?
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

stunning... Bird did something...He actually did something good.

It's happy hour at PD and the drinks are on me!
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Sports Logo

I don't really follow a lot of teams outside of the Pacers. I know he's primarily a SF, but I was wondering if Miami, Boston or New Orleans ever used him as a PF. Judging by your inference that I was being sarcastic, I am assuming the answer to that question is no.
    You're right...he's a SG/SF. Before signing with the Hornets, Posey was the good luck charm for Teams. When he went to Miami, the Heat won a Championship. When he went to the Celtics, they won a Championship. Of course, I guess that trading for Shaq ( for the Heat ) and then the Celtics trading for KG/Allen makes a huge difference.

If he still has some gas in his tank...my guess is that JO'B will play Posey ( specifically a Vet that can still hit the 3pt shot and shows some inkling for perimeter defense ) behind Granger/Dunleavy/BRush in the SG/SF rotation.

I always wanted Posey on the Pacers....too bad it's 3 or 4 years too late.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Mood

Not too bad a deal by the "worst" GM in the league!

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Larry Staverman For This Useful Post: