Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Granger didn't come as part of a trade, and JO was a former allstar. You knew you were going to get decent value out JO. Who expected to turn Murphy into a starting caliber point guard?
    Um, he said the trade that brought J.O. here. Which btw I will argue was not as lopsided as you might believe.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

DD for JO was a deal i really didnt like at the time. it pretty much said were not competing any longer and looking for youth. then Smits retired and i realized why we were making the deal in a sense.

best trade ever could have been AD for Bender, as it turns out it might have been the absolute worst deal ever! for obvious reasons Bender didnt pan out as hoped.. and it might be the reason we still do not have an NBA Banner hanging in the fieldhouse rafters.

having DD, AD, Smits, and Smooth are alot of big guys to throw at Shaq, DD did his best, but having AD would have been tremendous help for our frontline. we needed more muscle down low for that series, which AD brought plenty of.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Collison and Posey make appearances in Hornet Top Plays from last year:

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/to...nba/index.html

1) This thread still needs to be bumped every so often to remind us all that things aren't totally crappy these days.

2) I should have added this video the day the trade happened:

Guy talking in video = me
    Rainbow/double rainbow = the trade

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Banned

The remix is better

Last edited by vnzla81; 08-31-2010 at 11:26 PM.

With so negative vibe going around with Jim O'Brien, I thought it would be appropriate to bump a thread that made everyone happy!

It's actually kind of funny to see some of the comments about Posey playing the PF... or at all, and even O'Brien changing things with the addition of Collison.

Kind of makes you wonder how this team would be if other things mention in this thread would have happened. Like a T.J Ford trade or buyout. Magnum Rolle instead of Solo, and no Posey in the deal at all?

It's all just hindsight, but it's interesting to see the mood here, and the mood now.

I know you bumped this to give us a happy thought. But i logged in, i saw a: yahoo reports a done deal, thought O'Brief was fired, Posey and Ford were traded. But damn, its a old Troy thread
    Last edited by DEEman; 01-03-2011 at 08:45 PM.
    Proud owner of 'Dutch Pacers'

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DEEman View Post
    I know you bumped this to give us a happy thought. But i logged in, i saw a: yahoo reports a done deal, thought O'Brief was fired, Posey and Ford were traded. But damn, its a old Troy thread
    Me too.

Posey = Murphy

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Posey = Murphy
    Except Posey doesn't grab 11 rebounds a game.
    Good is the enemy of Great

We're changing the identity of our basketball team -- dramatically. We're a power post team -- a blood-and-guts, old-school, smash-mouth team that plays with size, strength, speed and athleticism. We attack the basket. . . . This is the new identity of our team. It was a great effort. I'm very proud of our guys."
    -- Frank Vogel.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I still laugh whenever I think about how stupid New Jersey was in taking him. Love it.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by colts19 View Post
    Except Posey doesn't steal 11 rebounds a game.
    Fixed
    "I mean, you'd walk into our dressing room and run into Mel Daniels holding a .45 -- it makes you wonder."

Bob Netolicky

Quote Originally Posted by colts19 View Post
    Except Posey doesn't grab 11 rebounds a game.
    Yes, but at least he doesn't dodge guys driving to the hoop. He actually stands and takes some charges.

What I do know is...I don't recall seeing Troy ever get up after taking a charge. While I have seen Posey grab some boards.

...but I really don't even want to think about which one is worse.