Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sham reports an interesting stat:

http://twitter.com/ShamSports/status/20910459783

Indiana were second last in rebounding percentage last year, and that was with Murphy Without him, there could be a world of hurt now.
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Color me worried, but do we have a solid rebounder on this team now that isn't Feisty?

Don't worry. Remember how so many of Murphy's rebounds were stolen from teammates? Well, now those guys can just get credit for the rebounds he used to take from them. Or not.

The Pacers probably still aren't going to emphasize offensive rebounds as much as we'd like, but they'll do OK on the defensive end.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Putnam For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post

Happy, Happy, Happy.
    The grown ups around here are letting down their guard. Very fun to watch.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

4. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    For the record I am so excited not because Murphy is gone, not because we are getting Posey, not because a trade is always exciting and the pacers needed to do something. I am truly excited about getting Collison
    I am too. I was a believer after watching that game where he absolutely destroyed us--the now famous "triple double game". I'm really excited to watch him play.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    I guess he got tired of robbing the pacers....
    You guys are harsh.

Pro atheltes are allowed to have fun a little to, ya know.

What, is he supposed to stop everything he is doing and log onto ESPN and PD because the Pacers are about to make a trade?

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    You guys are harsh.

Pro atheltes are allowed to have fun a little to, ya know.

What, is he supposed to stop everything he is doing and log onto ESPN and PD because the Pacers are about to make a trade?
    Nah, I didn't intend it with malice.

Just found it amusing that in the midst of discussions for a 5+ MILLION dollar paycheck he can't be bothered to quit his Madden for a few hours.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

Collison was a 40% three point shooter last season. Which is extremely impressive for a rookie point guard. That is highly unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    Just found it amusing that in the midst of discussions for a 5+ MILLION dollar paycheck he can't be bothered to quit his Madden for a few hours.
    I don't think he has anything to do with it other than saying Yes or No.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Nah, I didn't intend it with malice.

That's why he pays his agent. If he was doing his own negotiating he'd be a fool.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post

Yes you do. It's OK, you can say it.

NO. I have never had a problem giving Bird credit when deserved. Just was thinking it wasn't Walsh but JM who got the Peja TE from NO. I wondering if Morway could have some input and dealings in getting this trade done.

I was thinking the last couple of days about a trade involving numereous teams, and how hard it's to get one done. I just dismissed it as not feasible and then this trade happens. It took a lot to getthis trade done, and I'm guessing it took more than one FO person to get it accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by purdue101 View Post
    Ok guys. Now who do we target at PF???

Could an expiring and 1st get us Milsap? He appears the odd man out in Utah with Jefferson. Very underrated IMO.
    With Boozer gone? No. Jefferson will probably play center, and Milsap likely becomes the starting PF.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post

I'd at LEAST be playing Modern Warfare 2.....

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post

That's why he pays his agent. If he was doing his own negotiating he'd be a fool.
    Oh I am completely aware of that.

I am JUST saying... If I were in his position, I would probably have my mind on things other than Madden.

Again, I just found it ironic... Not trying to bury the guy.

He just seems to have his mind on lots of things NOT the Pacers pretty much... All the time it seems.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

I finally understand it all now.

The whole hansbourgh vertigo thing has been a scam. Bird has had him secretly locked into a gym shooting thousands of 3s a day so they could pull this trade off.

Tyler must finally of shown he can stroke the three at the rate of murphy to make him expendable.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dohman For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Can you give a link to the Hornets board?

I am most curious to hear from their fans.
    http://hornetsreport.com/HRForums/sh...ad.php?t=61658

here ya go.. or google hornets report and that should work too. other boards i visited were on espn and real gm.. but the link above is a better board in regard to hornets fans.

Twitter @M_Murph11 PacerPride33's Avatar

this is one of my greatest days of my life being a pacers fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Murph

I think .... I .... just peed myself.

An entire offseason of a team drafting the guys I singled out, and trading for the guy I wanted. I have no idea how to control myself.

I knew I had defended Bird on here for a reason ....

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Can you send be a blu-ray disc of the whole game it. Thanks.

J/K

here you go, game vs Pacers >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKRmvzq-2ks

Also I wish I could send you a Blu-Ray of it! lol
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to odeez For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post

now we dont have to spend hours any longer on PD discussing/reminiscing about the good ole' Jarret Jack days!!! lol

For the Pacers sake, lets hope not!

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    Great! I'll have a double-double!
    Actually, you'll have fewer double doubles but you'll be able to perform defensive driving on the way home.
    Last edited by McKeyFan; 08-11-2010 at 05:06 PM.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

This is crazy.For the past week we have been talking about adding Calderon and his crappy contract and out of the blue we add Collison.I love the deal, I'm very high on him, for the first time in a long time we have a pg who can get us easy baskets,If I'm Brandon Rush I would be very happy with this trade as I would think he is really going to benefit.This is a very low risk deal for us with possibly very high returns.This deal puts us in a great position going forward we still have our draft picks and a ton of cap space where we can still target Hortford.Really we are set at pretty much every position we still need a starting powerforward and a backup center but we are in great shape going forward.A absolute steal for us.

Quote Originally Posted by dohman View Post

Just think. We can resign murphy next season!

Yep, and I can't wait! (In green)

Oh I am completely aware of that.

I am JUST saying... If I were in his position, I would probably have my mind on things other than Madden.

Again, I just found it ironic... Not trying to bury the guy.

He just seems to have his mind on lots of things NOT the Pacers pretty much... All the time it seems.
    I understand what you are saying.

However, having a few freinds who are lucky enough to have agents, when they actually get work they said they spend as little time thinking about that stuff as possible. It not they just drive themself crazy sitting by their phone/email waiting for the phone to ring.

As for the COD comment, I actually laughed out loud. I am just getting back into video gaming, but I have heard that is a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    You mean you actually have that song?

OK, now I'm worried about Joe AND YOU!
    Don't mess with Coltrane!

Who am I kidding, I've got this too.

Btw, what's the latest on the yt tags?

[edit] Oops, Putnam beat me on Coltrane.
    Last edited by Kegboy; 08-11-2010 at 04:55 PM.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

Not 100% thrilled with Collison, but I will say this:

-Our defense just got a LOT better...a LOT. Collison might be top 5 for point guards.

-I like Posey, if he stays. The first thing I think of is that he's very physical.

But really, Troy Murphy is gone!!!!!!!!! Congrats to Troy on playing in his home area.

This is the happiest day I've had as a Pacers fan in years!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    I think .... I .... just peed myself.

An entire offseason of a team drafting the guys I singled out, and trading for the guy I wanted. I have no idea how to control myself.

I knew I had defended Bird on here for a reason ....

I feel the same way, except for peeing myself. I wanted us to draft George after I watched his video of his pre draft workout. I have wanted Collison ever since it was anounced that New Orleans might trade him. I admit I didn't know much about Lnce or Magnum, though.