Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm not that excited we got Collison. He's obviously better than anything we have at the spot though.

I'm extremely excited that we got rid of Troy Murphy.
    I'm with you in that minority. I think getting Collison is a smart move, but probably won't be a game changer. Getting rid of Troy is a game changer. It will hopefully get us away from using a SF as a PF 90% of the time.

Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Won't people say we could have gotten more for an expiring Murphy though

And won't someone say if we hadn't made this trade we would have gotten a better draft pick
    I think that'd be silly if people do.

This trade was clearly a great trade for the Pacers, regardless of whether it works out or not. Bird made the right move.

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm assuming the players (Collison and Posey) won't be available during the press conference today, correct??

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    There's absolutely no logical way anybody could logically say we could have gotten more for an expiring Murphy. I'm shocked we got anything for him.

And if we wouldn't have made this trade we probably would have gotten a better draft pick. But I don't care about that either. Because now I don't have to watch another season of Murphy.
    We'll see. What if the pacers have a chance to get a top free agent next summer, but darnnit, they don't have enough money, if only they didn't do the trade for Collison and just let Murphy expire.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Won't people say we could have gotten more for an expiring Murphy though

And won't someone say if we hadn't made this trade we would have gotten a better draft pick
    At this point of the season I don't think that we could have gotten more, there weren't many takers, but possibly in the future.

Like I said before Murphy is underrated and undervalued by a lot of teams but not all teams.

I don't think this trade guarantees anymore success as a team as keeping Murphy and getting a young talented PG in next years draft...

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianDudley View Post
    I'm assuming the players (Collison and Posey) won't be available during the press conference today, correct??
    correct

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    That's why I asked about Jamison. He was an all-star even, not just a slight stat doppelganger to Troy.

I'm at least going firmly on the record that this was a better than fair deal for Troy. I mean this isn't even the trade deadline, this is the whole year of his salary. NJ has the room as I said so I get their logic, but the market for Troy couldn't really be higher than for Jamison last season.
    Jamison had a much worse deal. Troy is an expiring.

Default Re: 4 way deal in works? Collison, Posey to Ind, Murphy to NJ?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    Reaching here, but

Murphy is from the NY area, and an expiring who can help tutor Derrick Favors
    Tutor him in what?

OK, who has video of Collison. Did he play a lot against the pacers late last season and have a great game. Anyone have the video??

Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    I really thought we would have to give up more to get Collison. Bird did an awesome job. I wonder if Bird was the initiator in the whole trade. Did he call New Orleans and they said we want a good wing, then he called Houston, then he called New Jersey to get it done. It would have to be Bird or someone on the pacers staff who started this whole trade.

I don't want to rain on Bird's parade, but I wonder how much Morway has been involved? I don't care who created or was involved in getting this deal done, I'm just thrilled the Pacers didn't

1) Trade for Calderon.
    2) Didn't have to take on Okafor's albatross contract.
    3) Murphy is gone, so others can play.
    4) Have to give up a 1st pick.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    And since when did it become "hating" to not like the stuff that made your team lose??? Personally if you were defending some of the stuff that was dragging the team to a crap W-L record then YOU were the "hater", as in "Pacers hater".
    Not you, but there are definitely voices on this board taking it beyond that level. It's hard for me to believe that a double-double player completely sucks, just like it is hard to believe a player who gets it the way Troy did is somehow the Greatest PF Ever.

Let's be clear, there really isn't One True Answer and everything else is Blatantly And Obviously Wrong. There are degrees, and things that work in some situations don't in others, meaning the real problem might be the "things" but how they are used.

I think people on all sides use "hating" to mean "disagrees with me" far too often.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    You mean you actually have that song?

OK, now I'm worried about Joe AND YOU!
    Why the hate for My Favorite Things?

It is right there in The Sound of Music, which is one of the great Rodgers and Hammerstein musicals. Anybody who has daughters ought to have a DVD of it. Plus John Coltrane does a tremendous jazz rendition of it.

/back to gloating about the trade
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Putnam For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I don't want to rain on Bird's parade
    Yes you do. It's OK, you can say it.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"

We'll see. What if the pacers have a chance to get a top free agent next summer, but darnnit, they don't have enough money, if only they didn't do the trade for Collison and just let Murphy expire.
    I thought the consensus was there wasn't anyone who would be considered a "top" free agent?

Though I agree with you, someone will whiz on the cornflakes in a few months.
    BillS

Sports Logo Sports Logo

ive read comments on the rockets, nets, and hornets boards and all agree the pacers come out of this deal as the biggest winner.

now we dont have to spend hours any longer on PD discussing/reminiscing about the good ole' Jarret Jack days!!! lol

this is just an awesome move by Legend and i cant believe we were able to get it done!!!

we just solved our problem at the pg spot for the next several seasons, and it didnt cost us Okafor.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    ive read comments on the rockets, nets, and hornets boards and all agree the pacers come out of this deal as the biggest winner.

now we dont have to spend hours any longer on PD discussing/reminiscing about the good ole' Jarret Jack days!!! lol

this is just an awesome move by Legend and i cant believe we were able to get it done!!!

we just solved our problem at the pg spot for the next several seasons, and it didnt cost us Okafor.
    Can you give a link to the Hornets board?

I am most curious to hear from their fans.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

Great... So we are making HUGE improvements through trades... And we are trying to buy out TJ and move on from Tins 2.0...

And what is TJ doing during the buyout talks?

http://twitter.com/tj_ford/status/20912831189
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

Just think. We can resign murphy next season!

For the record I am so excited not because Murphy is gone, not because we are getting Posey, not because a trade is always exciting and the pacers needed to do something. I am truly excited about getting Collison

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

For the record I am so excited not because Murphy is gone, not because we are getting Posey, not because a trade is always exciting and the pacers needed to do something. I am truly excited about getting Collison
    Just tell us you love change.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

OK, who has video of Collison. Did he play a lot against the pacers late last season and have a great game. Anyone have the video??
    I posted some videos of him in a new thread, trying to find the one vs the Pacers for ya!
    Avatar photo credit: Bahram Mark Sobhani - AP

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to odeez For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post

I guess Bird waiting was the right thing "after 3 years" hahaha.

Seriously this team needed to come out on top of a trade. ITs been far too long since we pulled off a trade like this.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by odeez View Post
    I posted some videos of him in a new thread, trying to find the one vs the Pacers for ya!
    Can you send be a blu-ray disc of the whole game it. Thanks.

J/K

I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNEW ONE DAY I WOULD FINALLY WAKE UP TO A DEAL.

GO INDIANA PACERS!!!
    2012: Pacers return to glory

Paul George All Day

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    Great... So we are making HUGE improvements through trades... And we are trying to buy out TJ and move on from Tins 2.0...

And what is TJ doing during the buyout talks?

http://twitter.com/tj_ford/status/20912831189
    I guess he got tired of robbing the pacers....