Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 738

Thread: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

  1. #276
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,445

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Uhh.... no. At best it is 7th in the East. More likely 8-10.

    Miami
    Orlando
    Boston
    Chicago
    Atlanta
    Milwaukee

    Those 6 are all still way better than us. And New York is easily the 7th best team on paper. But it does put us in the running for that 8th spot, which we weren't before.
    I don't understand all the new love for the Knicks. They get Amare Stoudemire, but lose David Lee. Those two are fairly similar and you can't think that move would be that dramatic of an upgrade. They get a few intriguing pieces from Golden State (namely, Randolph) and sign Raymond Felton. I think we are neck and neck with them.

  2. #277

    Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

    Now comes all the Bird praise?

    Fickle fans.

    Good job for Bird to get a pg. I wonder if DJones is gone.

  3. #278
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,308

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

    I'm still stunned we pulled this off.

    Absolutely unbelievable. All the props in the world to Larry and TPTB for this one.

  4. #279
    Member Daniel33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    250

    Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wells on Twitter
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers have called 5 p.m. press conference for the trade
    Olé

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Daniel33 For This Useful Post:


  6. #280
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,324

    Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

    Sham reports an interesting stat:

    http://twitter.com/ShamSports/status/20910459783

    Indiana were second last in rebounding percentage last year, and that was with Murphy Without him, there could be a world of hurt now.
    -----------------------------------------------------------


    Color me worried, but do we have a solid rebounder on this team now that isn't Feisty?

  7. #281
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,779

    Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

    Does anyone not like the trade?

    Just in case it doesn't work out two years from now I don't expect anyone to come on here and say they told us so

  8. #282

    Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Jimmy damn well better change his offense.

    UB is guaranteeing it, right UB?

    Didn't you say last week Jimmy was mislabeled as stubborn? LET'S ALL HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT!!!

  9. #283
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did Travis Best EVER have a double digit assist game? Let alone 14 in 37 starts? At one point a stretch of four games in a row with at least 10 assists?

    The assists numbers don't lie IMO. It's not like New Orleans is exactly brimming with offensive talent. Danny will be far and away the best offensive weapon Collison has ever had around him. They will play brilliantly off each other.

    I didn't want this to get lost at the bottom of the last page.

    I still can't get over those numbers 10+ assists in 1/3 of his starts?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  10. #284
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,300

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

    Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sham reports an interesting stat:

    http://twitter.com/ShamSports/status/20910459783

    Indiana were second last in rebounding percentage last year, and that was with Murphy Without him, there could be a world of hurt now.
    -----------------------------------------------------------


    Color me worried, but do we have a solid rebounder on this team now that isn't Feisty?
    I think our team rebounding will improve without him.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  12. #285

    Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did Travis Best EVER have a double digit assist game? Let alone 14 in 37 starts? At one point a stretch of four games in a row with at least 10 assists?

    The assists numbers don't lie IMO. It's not like New Orleans is exactly brimming with offensive talent. Danny will be far and away the best offensive weapon Collison has ever had around him. They will play brilliantly off each other.
    Assists can very well lie. And I really don't like the possibilities of Jimmy and Collison together...

    So the best thing to do is get rid of Jimmy. :P

  13. #286
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,445

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

    Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sham reports an interesting stat:

    http://twitter.com/ShamSports/status/20910459783

    Indiana were second last in rebounding percentage last year, and that was with Murphy Without him, there could be a world of hurt now.
    -----------------------------------------------------------


    Color me worried, but do we have a solid rebounder on this team now that isn't Feisty?
    Hadn't thought about that. Legit concern, especially if we start Hibbert/Granger at the 5/4.

  14. #287
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,779

    Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

    Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sham reports an interesting stat:

    http://twitter.com/ShamSports/status/20910459783

    Indiana were second last in rebounding percentage last year, and that was with Murphy Without him, there could be a world of hurt now.
    -----------------------------------------------------------


    Color me worried, but do we have a solid rebounder on this team now that isn't Feisty?
    I'm not worried about that. Murphy's rebounding was overrated. he got the rebounds he was supposed to get. he didn't get the tough rebounds in traffic, around, through and over opposing players.

    Not to suggest the pacers will be a good rebounding team.

    pacers were 2nd worst rebounding %

    Not too bad defensive rebounding% 20th place
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 08-11-2010 at 03:45 PM.

  15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  16. #288
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,055
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm not that excited we got Collison. He's obviously better than anything we have at the spot though.

    I'm extremely excited that we got rid of Troy Murphy.
    Yeah your the minority, not a super fan of Collison but I think that he does bring something different to the team, and it shows that Bird is committed to bringing in young talent.

    One quick thing though I think Murphy is so underrated its silly.. only problem is that he didn't really fit with the team or the direction that we are going in.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:


  18. #289
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,300

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone not like the trade?

    Just in case it doesn't work out two years from now I don't expect anyone to come on here and say they told us so
    I love the trade and I'm not nearly as high on Collison as you. I just love it that Murphy is gone. There's no way that it can be a negative. If Collison turns out to suck and be TJ Ford 2.0 it's still a good trade because of what he got rid of. Addition by subraction.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  19. #290
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: 4 way deal in works? Collison, Posey to Ind, Murphy to NJ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Staverman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rockets - liked Lee in the draft, already have Battier and Jeffries + they save salary

    N.J. - need a PF to play until Favors is ready so he doesn't get thrown to the wolves + don't have to tie up salary past this year.

    N.O. - fill their weakest position at SF with someone who can play, lose a dead contract + trying to suck up to Paul.

    Pacers - it speaks for itself
    This is how I evaluate it too.

    Favors is insanely raw. People who don't follow prospects and just hear the buzz assume this awesome player, but while he doesn't look awkward in that way that makes you question his potential he also doesn't look like a player who understands the game beyond "Hulk" levels of "get rebound" and "dunk ball".

    If he came to the Pacers I'd certainly be happy but I'd be telling everyone to lower the early expectations down to the floor.

    Having Troy fill the gap is perfect. All he does is take cap space they had little use for post-Lebron and delay it till next year. I think this trade makes more sense to them than Houston or NO, though I do get their desire to shed or realign salary to other positions.

    The key is that the didn't bluff Bird into paying more than they really wanted. It seems like Larry got a really good price on this deal. What did Washington get for Jamison?

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  21. #291

    Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone not like the trade?

    Just in case it doesn't work out two years from now I don't expect anyone to come on here and say they told us so
    If we get 25 to 30 wins you may have some "tanker" saying it was bad because we could have gotten the best pg in the millennia in the up coming draft.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 08-11-2010 at 04:07 PM.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


  23. #292
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,445

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm still stunned we pulled this off.

    Absolutely unbelievable. All the props in the world to Larry and TPTB for this one.
    I am too. Out of all four teams involved in the trade, we easily came out on top. I've given Bird a lot of crap up until now, but that was a very solid move. We get Collison, we give up nothing of value, and we don't have to take on the albatross Okafor/Peja contracts? And we save $4 million? I love it. I actually think Posey might have some value to a contender looking for an extra defender against the SuperFriends.

  24. #293

    Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

    Darren Collison's stats as a starter:

    18.8 ppg, 9.1 apg, 3.5 rpg, 48.5% FG%, 42.9 3PT%, 85.2 FT%


  25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:


  26. #294
    Member Daniel33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    250

    Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone not like the trade?

    Just in case it doesn't work out two years from now I don't expect anyone to come on here and say they told us so
    add a poll

  27. #295
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,324

    Default Re: 4 way deal in works? Collison, Posey to Ind, Murphy to NJ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The key is that the didn't bluff Bird into paying more than they really wanted. It seems like Larry got a really good price on this deal. What did Washington get for Jamison?
    Thornton, Z's contract, 1st round pick.

  28. #296
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,779

    Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love the trade and I'm not nearly as high on Collison as you. I just love it that Murphy is gone. There's no way that it can be a negative. If Collison turns out to suck and be TJ Ford 2.0 it's still a good trade because of what he got rid of. Addition by subraction.
    Won't people say we could have gotten more for an expiring Murphy though

    And won't someone say if we hadn't made this trade we would have gotten a better draft pick

  29. #297
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now how are you haters going to get your fix? Going to move on to Dun next?
    "Move on to"?

    Wait, did I miss the part where Dun was tearing up last year? He got less discussion because he was playing less and having less negative impact on the situation. But I'm pretty sure the majority feeling for the last year has been that Troy, Dun, Ford and JOB all needed to be moved.


    That's not the same as switching from Troy complaints to suddenly wanting Danny traded.

    And since when did it become "hating" to not like the stuff that made your team lose??? Personally if you were defending some of the stuff that was dragging the team to a crap W-L record then YOU were the "hater", as in "Pacers hater".

    The rest of us like the franchise and want it to have success, and this comes with the corollary that we dislike things that we think hold the team back from having that success...ie, we be hatin.

  30. #298
    Member Daniel33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    250

    Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

    NBA - Where amazing happens.
    Just saying...

  31. #299
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,300

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Won't people say we could have gotten more for an expiring Murphy though

    And won't someone say if we hadn't made this trade we would have gotten a better draft pick
    There's absolutely no way anybody could logically say we could have gotten more for an expiring Murphy. I'm shocked we got anything for him.

    And if we wouldn't have made this trade we probably would have gotten a better draft pick. But I don't care about that either. Because now I don't have to watch another season of Murphy.
    Last edited by BRushWithDeath; 08-11-2010 at 03:54 PM.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  33. #300
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Won't people say we could have gotten more for an expiring Murphy though

    And won't someone say if we hadn't made this trade we would have gotten a better draft pick
    That's why I asked about Jamison. He was an all-star even, not just a slight stat doppelganger to Troy.

    I'm at least going firmly on the record that this was a better than fair deal for Troy. I mean this isn't even the trade deadline, this is the whole year of his salary. NJ has the room as I said so I get their logic, but the market for Troy couldn't really be higher than for Jamison last season.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Darren Collison
    By PacersPride in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 06:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •