Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Uhh.... no. At best it is 7th in the East. More likely 8-10.

Miami
    Orlando
    Boston
    Chicago
    Atlanta
    Milwaukee

Those 6 are all still way better than us. And New York is easily the 7th best team on paper. But it does put us in the running for that 8th spot, which we weren't before.
    I don't understand all the new love for the Knicks. They get Amare Stoudemire, but lose David Lee. Those two are fairly similar and you can't think that move would be that dramatic of an upgrade. They get a few intriguing pieces from Golden State (namely, Randolph) and sign Raymond Felton. I think we are neck and neck with them.

Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

Now comes all the Bird praise?

Fickle fans.

Good job for Bird to get a pg. I wonder if DJones is gone.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm still stunned we pulled this off.

Absolutely unbelievable. All the props in the world to Larry and TPTB for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wells on Twitter
    Pacers have called 5 p.m. press conference for the trade
    Olé

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Daniel33 For This Useful Post:

Sham reports an interesting stat:

http://twitter.com/ShamSports/status/20910459783

Indiana were second last in rebounding percentage last year, and that was with Murphy Without him, there could be a world of hurt now.
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Color me worried, but do we have a solid rebounder on this team now that isn't Feisty?

Does anyone not like the trade?

Just in case it doesn't work out two years from now I don't expect anyone to come on here and say they told us so

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post

Jimmy damn well better change his offense.

UB is guaranteeing it, right UB?

Didn't you say last week Jimmy was mislabeled as stubborn? LET'S ALL HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Did Travis Best EVER have a double digit assist game? Let alone 14 in 37 starts? At one point a stretch of four games in a row with at least 10 assists?

The assists numbers don't lie IMO. It's not like New Orleans is exactly brimming with offensive talent. Danny will be far and away the best offensive weapon Collison has ever had around him. They will play brilliantly off each other.

I didn't want this to get lost at the bottom of the last page.

I still can't get over those numbers 10+ assists in 1/3 of his starts?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post

Indiana were second last in rebounding percentage last year, and that was with Murphy Without him, there could be a world of hurt now.

Color me worried, but do we have a solid rebounder on this team now that isn't Feisty?
    I think our team rebounding will improve without him.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Did Travis Best EVER have a double digit assist game? Let alone 14 in 37 starts? At one point a stretch of four games in a row with at least 10 assists?

The assists numbers don't lie IMO. It's not like New Orleans is exactly brimming with offensive talent. Danny will be far and away the best offensive weapon Collison has ever had around him. They will play brilliantly off each other.
    Assists can very well lie. And I really don't like the possibilities of Jimmy and Collison together...

So the best thing to do is get rid of Jimmy. :P

Hadn't thought about that. Legit concern, especially if we start Hibbert/Granger at the 5/4.

I'm not worried about that. Murphy's rebounding was overrated. he got the rebounds he was supposed to get. he didn't get the tough rebounds in traffic, around, through and over opposing players.

Not to suggest the pacers will be a good rebounding team.

pacers were 2nd worst rebounding %

Not too bad defensive rebounding% 20th place
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 08-11-2010 at 03:45 PM.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Mood

Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm not that excited we got Collison. He's obviously better than anything we have at the spot though.

I'm extremely excited that we got rid of Troy Murphy.
    Yeah your the minority, not a super fan of Collison but I think that he does bring something different to the team, and it shows that Bird is committed to bringing in young talent.

One quick thing though I think Murphy is so underrated its silly.. only problem is that he didn't really fit with the team or the direction that we are going in.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post

Just in case it doesn't work out two years from now I don't expect anyone to come on here and say they told us so
    I love the trade and I'm not nearly as high on Collison as you. I just love it that Murphy is gone. There's no way that it can be a negative. If Collison turns out to suck and be TJ Ford 2.0 it's still a good trade because of what he got rid of. Addition by subraction.

-Lance Stephenson

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Default Re: 4 way deal in works? Collison, Posey to Ind, Murphy to NJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Staverman View Post
    Rockets - liked Lee in the draft, already have Battier and Jeffries + they save salary

N.J. - need a PF to play until Favors is ready so he doesn't get thrown to the wolves + don't have to tie up salary past this year.

N.O. - fill their weakest position at SF with someone who can play, lose a dead contract + trying to suck up to Paul.

Pacers - it speaks for itself
    This is how I evaluate it too.

Favors is insanely raw. People who don't follow prospects and just hear the buzz assume this awesome player, but while he doesn't look awkward in that way that makes you question his potential he also doesn't look like a player who understands the game beyond "Hulk" levels of "get rebound" and "dunk ball".

If he came to the Pacers I'd certainly be happy but I'd be telling everyone to lower the early expectations down to the floor.

Having Troy fill the gap is perfect. All he does is take cap space they had little use for post-Lebron and delay it till next year. I think this trade makes more sense to them than Houston or NO, though I do get their desire to shed or realign salary to other positions.

The key is that the didn't bluff Bird into paying more than they really wanted. It seems like Larry got a really good price on this deal. What did Washington get for Jamison?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

If we get 25 to 30 wins you may have some "tanker" saying it was bad because we could have gotten the best pg in the millennia in the up coming draft.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 08-11-2010 at 04:07 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I'm still stunned we pulled this off.

Absolutely unbelievable. All the props in the world to Larry and TPTB for this one.
    I am too. Out of all four teams involved in the trade, we easily came out on top. I've given Bird a lot of crap up until now, but that was a very solid move. We get Collison, we give up nothing of value, and we don't have to take on the albatross Okafor/Peja contracts? And we save $4 million? I love it. I actually think Posey might have some value to a contender looking for an extra defender against the SuperFriends.

Darren Collison's stats as a starter:

18.8 ppg, 9.1 apg, 3.5 rpg, 48.5% FG%, 42.9 3PT%, 85.2 FT%

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

add a poll

Default Re: 4 way deal in works? Collison, Posey to Ind, Murphy to NJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    The key is that the didn't bluff Bird into paying more than they really wanted. It seems like Larry got a really good price on this deal. What did Washington get for Jamison?
    Thornton, Z's contract, 1st round pick.

I love the trade and I'm not nearly as high on Collison as you. I just love it that Murphy is gone. There's no way that it can be a negative. If Collison turns out to suck and be TJ Ford 2.0 it's still a good trade because of what he got rid of. Addition by subraction.
    Won't people say we could have gotten more for an expiring Murphy though

And won't someone say if we hadn't made this trade we would have gotten a better draft pick

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Now how are you haters going to get your fix? Going to move on to Dun next?
    "Move on to"?

Wait, did I miss the part where Dun was tearing up last year? He got less discussion because he was playing less and having less negative impact on the situation. But I'm pretty sure the majority feeling for the last year has been that Troy, Dun, Ford and JOB all needed to be moved.

That's not the same as switching from Troy complaints to suddenly wanting Danny traded.

And since when did it become "hating" to not like the stuff that made your team lose??? Personally if you were defending some of the stuff that was dragging the team to a crap W-L record then YOU were the "hater", as in "Pacers hater".

The rest of us like the franchise and want it to have success, and this comes with the corollary that we dislike things that we think hold the team back from having that success...ie, we be hatin.

NBA - Where amazing happens.
    Just saying...

And won't someone say if we hadn't made this trade we would have gotten a better draft pick
    There's absolutely no way anybody could logically say we could have gotten more for an expiring Murphy. I'm shocked we got anything for him.

And if we wouldn't have made this trade we probably would have gotten a better draft pick. But I don't care about that either. Because now I don't have to watch another season of Murphy.
    Last edited by BRushWithDeath; 08-11-2010 at 03:54 PM.

-Lance Stephenson

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

That's why I asked about Jamison. He was an all-star even, not just a slight stat doppelganger to Troy.

I'm at least going firmly on the record that this was a better than fair deal for Troy. I mean this isn't even the trade deadline, this is the whole year of his salary. NJ has the room as I said so I get their logic, but the market for Troy couldn't really be higher than for Jamison last season.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post: