Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

Quote Originally Posted by sweabs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Um . . . wow? Look at these numbers:

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/darren...ame_stats.html

. . . the assists - the yummy, yummy assists. And the kid is only 23? Pfft - this is insane.
    Loving the Triple Double he had against us last year! How awesome will it be to have a consistant double-double guy with points and ASSISTS?!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JBones19 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Yahoo reports a done deal!! We turned Troy Murphy into Darren Collison and Posey!!

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    lol... just saying, I think it will be interesting to see how this team goes now.

Roy/Granger/Paul/Rush/Collison

It could turn out real good but at the same time right now how much better does it make us?

Are we a Playoff team now...?
    In the East, I think so. This season isn't the point. Now we have a young nucleus of Granger/Collison/Hibbert/Stephenson/George to build around. And if we are lucky, Hansbrough and Price could be nice young pieces as well.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://twitter.com/IamThaKing25/status/20909821247

Brandon Rush drops his opinion on matters...
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

Mood

Larry Bird, I friggin love you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    http://twitter.com/IamThaKing25/status/20909821247

Brandon Rush drops his opinion on matters...
    If it's not too much to ask, can you quote the conversation? I'm at work and they restrict access to twitter.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

espn is reporting the deal is official. we can now celebrate, but im still in disbelief. my god this is the best thing to happen for the pacers since Danny Granger i would have to say!

now that our biggest need has been addressed, i think we can find a pf relatively easy. we have dun/foster/posey/ford who all could net us a power forward of some sort.

i wanna enjoy this for awhile longer, were gonna be a team on the rise here the next several seasons!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    Wow, I close on a house tomorrow and the Pacers just did something amazing. Oh what a life!
    Congrats on the house!!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    espn is reporting the deal is official. we can now celebrate, but im still in disbelief. my god this is the best thing to happen for the pacers since Danny Granger i would have to say!

now that our biggest need has been addressed, i think we can find a pf relatively easy. we have dun/foster/posey/ford who all could net us a power forward of some sort.

i wanna enjoy this for awhile longer, were gonna be a team on the rise here the next several seasons!!!
    I can't help but to laugh out loud.

Mood

Thinking about it... Posey is also huge in terms of playing D against a team like Miami... so he may be a key role player moving forward.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    If it's not too much to ask, can you quote the conversation? I'm at work and they restrict access to twitter.
    Basically he thinks there's gonna be another trade soon.

My guess is TJ. Maybe even Brandon himself?

Chad Ford is on JMV and says the pacers probably not done, Dunleavy and Ford. Although might be more likely during the season when a veteran point guard gets injured, Ford's value will jump

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I couldn't have said it better!

I'm impressed Mr. Bird! I am glad Okafor wasn't part of the deal. Bird for sainthood is a little too drastic, but I WILL throw in a half dozen kudos to Bird. I've not been as sold on Collison as some have, but getting him is better than taking on Calderon and his terrible contract. Collison has a chance to be the PG of the future, and Calderon was nothing but an overpaid stop gap PG.

PLUS Jimmy's crutch is gone. Thank you Bird!
    100% DITTO

I mean these are the words that came through my head exactly when I read the news. Collison might only be Travis Best but even if that's the case this is still a very sharp, smart move given the roster situation. And it removes the crutch.

Sure DC will now be asked to jack up 6 3PA per game, and sure his desire to totally dominate the FGAs will rise to new levels. But then JOB will be gone and a better coach can come in and reign him in a bit.

It also makes room for a "normal" PF to play PF.

You adjusted from a position of either lack of need or not a great fit to one of high need. You didn't commit to bad salary. You stayed young.

This trade falls on the plus side big time for Bird and goes right up there with JO for TJ/Rasho-expiring/Hibbert and #11 for Jack/#13/McRoberts.

Just when I want to count out Bird he brings it. Even if the move flops, Troy goes on to be GOAT and Collison kills 7 people at Circle Center, it's still a very smart move on paper and the right type of move to make. I won't fault him for crazy out of nowhere twists to the outcome (ie, Collison breaks his knee).

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    I might have to just throw that on and dance around the room.
    You mean you actually have that song?

OK, now I'm worried about Joe AND YOU!

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    Collison/Price/Stephenson
    Rush/George/Stephenson
    Granger/George/Dunleavy
    Hansbrough/McBob/Rolle(hopefully)
    Hibbert/Rolle/Foster

At least 7th in the east maybe as high as 4th.
    Uhh.... no. At best it is 7th in the East. More likely 8-10.

Miami
    Orlando
    Boston
    Chicago
    Atlanta
    Milwaukee

Those 6 are all still way better than us. And New York is easily the 7th best team on paper. But it does put us in the running for that 8th spot, which we weren't before.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Never know how things will play out.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Collison another guy with a boat load of Final Four experience...Collison, Hibbert, Rush, and Hansbrough...

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I really thought we would have to give up more to get Collison. Bird did an awesome job. I wonder if Bird was the initiator in the whole trade. Did he call New Orleans and they said we want a good wing, then he called Houston, then he called New Jersey to get it done. It would have to be Bird or someone on the pacers staff who started this whole trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post

IamThaKing25

@TMJonsson I think we gonna make another trade
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

26. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    In the East, I think so. This season isn't the point. Now we have a young nucleus of Granger/Collison/Hibbert/Stephenson/George to build around. And if we are lucky, Hansbrough and Price could be nice young pieces as well.
    Yeah Nice young and unproven, I think the trade has brought about good potential for the team but the first point that I made was some people are really getting over excited about this, take it for what it is... nothing wrong with being excited but can't focus at your job, it's like we signed Lebron or something...

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    Thinking about it... Posey is also huge in terms of playing D against a team like Miami... so he may be a key role player moving forward.
    This trade is a steal and propably team changin maybe also changing our gamestlye and slow our offense down a bit favourable for Hibbert aswell imo.

At the first moment I saw Posey just as a filler but now I remember him in the Celtics 2008 campaign he was one of the major reasons for their success by playing defense constantly I hope he can teach George and Rush a bit would be awesome. Eventhough I can see Posey beeing traded for a young Big Man im fine as long as he has some upside

Let's go Pacers our future shines bright.
    (But im not sure about the playoffs, would love to see that happen though)

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daniel33 For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Yeah Nice young and unproven, I think the trade has brought about good potential for the team but the first point that I made was some people are really getting over excited about this, take it for what it is... nothing wrong with being excited but can't focus at your job, it's like we signed Lebron or something...
    Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm not that excited we got Collison. He's obviously better than anything we have at the spot though.

I'm extremely excited that we got rid of Troy Murphy.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

32. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

[QUOTE=PacerGuy;1048387]

Lighting & Thunder. /QUOTE]

That was used for Ford and Jack. You need a new one.

Wow! I logged onto PD and the first thing I saw was the Troy appreciation thread, and I didn't know what it was all about. Then someone in the post said, "after acquiring Collison," and I got confused, so I looked on the main forum and I saw this post. Needless to say, I was pretty stoked... Good job Bird-way!!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    100% DITTO

I mean these are the words that came through my head exactly when I read the news. Collison might only be Travis Best but even if that's the case this is still a very sharp, smart move given the roster situation. And it removes the crutch.

Sure DC will now be asked to jack up 6 3PA per game, and sure his desire to totally dominate the FGAs will rise to new levels. But then JOB will be gone and a better coach can come in and reign him in a bit.

It also makes room for a "normal" PF to play PF.

You adjusted from a position of either lack of need or not a great fit to one of high need. You didn't commit to bad salary. You stayed young.

This trade falls on the plus side big time for Bird and goes right up there with JO for TJ/Rasho-expiring/Hibbert and #11 for Jack/#13/McRoberts.

Just when I want to count out Bird he brings it. Even if the move flops, Troy goes on to be GOAT and Collison kills 7 people at Circle Center, it's still a very smart move on paper and the right type of move to make. I won't fault him for crazy out of nowhere twists to the outcome (ie, Collison breaks his knee).
    Did Travis Best EVER have a double digit assist game? Let alone 14 in 37 starts? At one point a stretch of four games in a row with at least 10 assists?

The assists numbers don't lie IMO. It's not like New Orleans is exactly brimming with offensive talent. Danny will be far and away the best offensive weapon Collison has ever had around him. They will play brilliantly off each other.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Banned

Now how are you haters going to get your fix? Going to move on to Dun next?
    Last edited by Hawkman; 08-11-2010 at 03:39 PM.