Thread: Renewing seats for ticket packages

Default Renewing seats for ticket packages

Hi all just wanting to see what your experience with this is. We have already renewed our 10-11 game ticket package at the end of last season. We requested to keep the same seats we are in and supposedly our ticket rep has that noted on our account info. I understand that if some one where to purchase our tickets for a more expensive package then we would be out of luck.

The select a seat event is coming up soon and we have been trying to get a hold of our rep (to no avail) to confirm that A. we have no worries and that our seats are ours. Or B. That we will have to attend the Select a seat event to reclaim our seats, or find new ones. We'd much rather not have to attend the event if we can so this over the phone. But it seems like we aren't getting any response from our ticket rep via email or phone.

Can others relate as to how it works when you just want to keep your seats?

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Renewing seats for ticket packages

If you tell your rep you are keeping your seat there is no need to be at select-a-seat.

I've also never heard that someone can come in on a more expensive package and buy your seats. Even someone wanting your seats for a full season package can't pre-empt someone with a half season or 10-game package once the seats have been logged as sold. Now, their rep might really want to make you a deal for those seats if it is a juicy sale, but you would have to agree.

I could be wrong, but that is my experience and understanding.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you tell your rep you are keeping your seat there is no need to be at select-a-seat.

I've also never heard that someone can come in on a more expensive package and buy your seats. Even someone wanting your seats for a full season package can't pre-empt someone with a half season or 10-game package once the seats have been logged as sold. Now, their rep might really want to make you a deal for those seats if it is a juicy sale, but you would have to agree.

Well I figure its a matter of whether or not those seats are available for the 10 game packages, she told us that sometimes they have seats that rotate in and out of availability.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, yeah. If you have an 11-game package they'll dump your seat for someone who is paying for a full-season. That's what happened to us two years ago. I was on the aisle and they moved us towards the middle of the row because someone bought a full season and wanted those seats.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to duke dynamite For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post

As graphic-er mentioned I think it depends where you sit. I think as Duke ementioned in the balcony I think all bets are off. But in the good club or lower level, I think once you are locked in even if it is a half or 11 game package you are OK. Although (at least it used to be) that the lower level wasn't available except to full season or half season. That obviously could have changed over the years.

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

May I ask whom is your ticket sales representative?

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    As graphic-er mentioned I think it depends where you sit...Although (at least it used to be) that the lower level wasn't available except to full season or half season. That obviously could have changed over the years.
    Just talked to my ticket rep last week. It does depend on where you sit AND lower level indeed may be available for folks wanting mini-season plans, at least ultimately. Many seats in the lower level are designated right now only for consideration by STH's. As we get closer to the season, if those seats are not purchased by STH's, then they may open up to people wanting half-season tix. It's my impression that they will hold off a tad longer to sell selected lower level seats to those interested in mini-plans.

I may have to get half-season tix this year if I cannot find folks to go in with me for a full season, but am interested in sitting in my STH seats from last year even if I can't be an STH, so it's the waiting game for me to see if this can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Hi all just wanting to see what your experience with this is. We have already renewed our 10-11 game ticket package at the end of last season. We requested to keep the same seats we are in and supposedly our ticket rep has that noted on our account info. I understand that if some one where to purchase our tickets for a more expensive package then we would be out of luck.

The select a seat event is coming up soon and we have been trying to get a hold of our rep (to no avail) to confirm that A. we have no worries and that our seats are ours. Or B. That we will have to attend the Select a seat event to reclaim our seats, or find new ones. We'd much rather not have to attend the event if we can so this over the phone. But it seems like we aren't getting any response from our ticket rep via email or phone.

Can others relate as to how it works when you just want to keep your seats?
    Hey graphic-er, I can help you get some answers on your account and the Select-A-Seat process. If you wouldn't mind, send answers to the following questions from the email in your account to my email at rlaycock@pacers.com.

1) What is your account number?
    2) What is the full name on the account?
    3) Would you like to come to Select-A-Seat if your seats from last year are locked in?

I'll take this information and have your rep give you a call or email to confirm.

Thanks,
    Rob

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RobfromPacers For This Useful Post: