Thread: Badminton?

Default Badminton?

Wow.

In other news, I had to check the spelling to get this right. I've always called it "bad mitten."
    Last edited by Anthem; 08-03-2010 at 12:19 AM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Default Re: Badminton?

That was really something.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

There used to be fistfights at my family reunions over intense badminton games. I wish I was joking.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We had a real "welcome to Chicago" moment years ago when my wife met someone who has become one of her best friends and the answer to, "What do you do" was, "I'm the badminton coach at York." When my wife told me this story, my response was "Badminton? You sure she didn't say 'tennis'? Who plays badminton? That's a varsity sport?" Turns out she played at Arizona State. These people do really exist.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Ha wtf was that. Seriously, no wonder NBC loses money on the Olympics.

Badminton is awesome. I played it all the time while growing up and we would play in gym class. My friend and I dominated that, except when we had to face the teacher. He was incredibly good. He would beat us 2 on 1.

Sports Logo

Anthem, you owe me 3 minutes and 47 seconds of my life that I just wasted watching Mary Carillo talk about Badminton that was pretty much filler time for the 2004 Olympics that probably aired at 3am in the morning when no one was watching.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Nerd.
    Mood

Yeah, that's definitely filler that probably aired at 2 or 3 am. Badminton is a fun game to play, defintely not that good at it, but it's one of those games you break out at a family reunion or with friends....usually with beer in hand....

I've never liked Mary Carillo's voice either.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Shuttle ****.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Honestly

My college roommate was Venezualan National badminton champion. He had two national trophies in our dorm room that were taller than me. He also had all the requesite newpaper articles to prove it. I don't know about now but then he said that badminton was as big in SA as bowling was here (remember this was mid-60's and everyone bowled back then). He gave me instruction in power badminton and then we took on the school (intramurals). He of course sailed thru the league unbeaten and we, as a team, destroyed the league in quick fashion. Like power volleyball, power badminton is NOTHING like you play in your backyard.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..