Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 2010-11 ABA Keeper league is just around the corner!

Default The 2010-11 ABA Keeper league is just around the corner!

I've cut and pasted the content of the league email going out today, below, along with draft order and a list of the players available in the dispersal/expansion draft:

The 2010-2011 ABA Keeper league is just around the corner!!

In our first major change in ownership since the league began, we’ll be welcoming FIVE new owners this season. I think the shakeup will foster some great new rivalries and really invigorate the league.

Leaving us from last season are Hicks, Doug, Rimfire and Jay Redd, along with Kraft, who dropped out at the beginning of the summer.. Joining us are Bellisimo, Frostwolf, Diamond Dave and Soup is Good. I’m looking for ONE MORE owner to fill Kraft’s old slot, so if you have any strong candidates, shoot me an email. I’m looking for owners with past sports.ws experience. All of our new owners have experience with Sports.ws and will be fine, active owners.

Expansion/Dispersal Draft

I’ve attached an updated list of the players who will be available for the ABA dispersal draft to this email. It’s a frighteningly good list of players. Should be a lot of fun for the new owners.

We’ll be having an expansion/dispersal draft a week or two before our regular draft. Our new team owners will draft 9 players to get them on par with our current team owners, who will have that same date as the deadline to submit their protected lists. Once the expansion/dispersal draft is over, I’ll put out everyone’s protected player lists, so you can prepare for the main draft.

Yes, new owners, you get to draft twice within a two week period! You’ll get to draft your core team in the expansion draft, then finalize your championship aspirations with the regular draft, as you draft your final three players.

Expansion teams will draft in this order:

1. Diamond Dave00
    2. Frostwolf
    3. Bellisimo
    4. Soup is Good
    5. NEW OWNER

Second round, we’ll reverse the order with the NEW OWNER having the first pick in the second round, with Soup next, etc. we’ll just keep flipping back and forth until your roster has nine players.

Summer Trades
    Summer trading season is now open!! One rule, no trading of draft picks beyond fall 2011 and no “lottery protected” or “top six protected” stuff either. Let’s keep things simple.

If you make a trade, here’s the process: Each trade participant has to contact me to verify the trade. E-mail is best but a PM on PD works too. Once that happens I’ll send an e-mail to the league announcing the trade and post it on PD.

Important 2010-2011 ABA KL season dates

August 1, 2010-Summer trading season begins

Early September 2010-League start-up preparation and we vote for draft dates for expansion/dispersal draft and main draft.

October 2010-We hold both drafts. The real life NBA season starts October 26, so we want to allow ourselves enough time to complete both of our drafts and prep for the upcoming season.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Skaut_Ech For This Useful Post:

Default Re: The 2010-11 ABA Keeper league is just around the corner!

Main Draft Order for 2010-11 ABA KL

ROUND ONE

1. Amsterdam Pigeons
    2. Go!! Yamaha (Go! owns Cedar City’s 2010 1st rd pick as part of the Hamilton-Robin Lopez trade)
    3. Gnawbone Nightmares
    4. Cedar City Raven Redux (Cedar City owns Gotham’s 2010 1st rd pick as part of the Gordon-Diaw trade)
    5. Nash City Razorbacks
    6. Indiana Firestorm
    7. Rise of Dynamite
    8. Harlem Funkadelics
    9. Las Vegas Vengence
    10. Bangcock Banshee
    11. Canadian Feet Eaters
    12. Cedar City Raven Redux (Cedar City owns Venice’s 2010 1st rd pick as part of the Barea-Shaq trade)
    13. Oakland Oaks
    14. Go!! Yamaha
    15. Roaming Gnomes
    16. Diamond Dave's team
    17. Frostwolf's team
    18. Bellisimo's team
    19. Soup is Good’s team
    20. NEW OWNER

ROUND TWO

1. Amsterdam Pigeons
    2. Gnawbone Nightmares (Gnaw Bone owns Cedar City’s 2010 2nd rd pick as part of the Foster-Iverson trade)
    3. Gnawbone Nightmares
    4. Cedar City
    5. Nash City Razorbacks
    6. Indiana Firestorm
    7. Rise of Dynamite
    8. Harlem Funkadelics
    9. Gotham Knights (Gotham owns Las Vegas’ 2010 2nd rd pick Cedar City received as part of the Alston-Iverson trade)
    10. Bangcock Banshee
    11. Canadian Feet Eaters
    12. Go!! Yamaha (Go! owns Venice’s 2010 2nd rd pick as part of the Farmar-Dunleavy trade)
    13. Oakland Oaks
    14. Cedar City Raven Redux (Cedar City owns the poorer of Go’s 2010 2nd rd picks as part of the Hamilton-Robin Lopez trade)
    15. Roaming Gnomes
    16. Diamond Dave's team
    17. Frostwolf's team
    18. Bellisimo's team
    19. Soup is Good’s team
    20. NEW OWNER

ROUND THREE

1. Amsterdam Pigeons
    2. Cedar City Raven Redux
    3. Gnawbone Nightmares
    4. Gotham Knights
    5. Nash City Razorbacks
    6. Indiana Firestorm
    7. Rise of Dynamite
    8. Harlem Funkadelics
    9. Las Vegas Vengence
    10. Bangcock Banshee
    11. Canadian Feet Eaters
    12. Venice Vagabonds
    13. Oakland Oaks
    14. Venice Vagabonds (Venice owns Go’s 2010 3rd rd pick as part of the Farmar-Dunleavy trade)
    15. Roaming Gnomes
    16. Diamond Dave's team
    17. Frostwolf's team
    18. Bellisimo's team
    19. Soup is Good’s team
    20. NEW OWNER

Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Skaut_Ech For This Useful Post:

Expansion/Dispersal draft available players:

G Rajon Rondo (BOS)
    G Tyreke Evans (SAC)
    G Aaron Brooks (HOU)
    G Jerryd Bayless (POR)
    GF Kevin Durant (OKL)
    F Louis Amundson (PHO)
    CF Andrea Bargnani (TOR)
    CF Matt Bonner (SAS)
    F J.J. Hickson (CLE)
    F Taj Gibson (CHI)
    GF Shane Battier (HOU)
    CF Juwan Howard (POR)
    G Baron Davis (LAC)
    G Gilbert Arenas (WAS)
    G Jeff Teague (ATL)
    GF Grant Hill (PHO)
    GF Josh Howard (WAS)
    GF Ron Artest (LAL)
    C Yao Ming (HOU)
    C Nazr Mohammed (CHA)
    CF Drew Gooden (LAC)
    C Dan Gadzuric (MIL)
    CF Hilton Armstrong (HOU)
    FG Ronnie Brewer (MEM)
    F LeBron James (CLE)
    CF Carlos Boozer (UTA)
    CF Darko Milicic (MIN)
    GF Josh Smith (ATL)
    GF Joe Johnson (ATL)
    F Udonis Haslem (MIA)
    G Beno Udrih (SAC)
    G Shaun Livingston (WAS)
    G Wayne Ellington (MIN)
    CF Mehmet Okur (UTA)
    CF Antonio McDyess (SAS)
    C Kendrick Perkins (BOS)
    C Brendan Haywood (DAL)
    G O.J. Mayo (MEM)
    G Jarrett Jack (TOR)
    G Toney Douglas (NYK)
    F Danilo Gallinari (NYK)
    F Jeff Green (OKL)
    F Hakim Warrick (CHI)
    F Brandon Bass (ORL)
    F Thaddeus Young (PHI)
    GF Anthony Parker (CLE)
    F Brandan Wright (GSW)
    CF Solomon Jones (IND)
    C Samuel Dalembert (PHI)
    CF Jermaine Oneal (MIA)
    CF Elton Brand (PHI)
    C Hasheem Thabeet (MEM)
    F Antawn Jamison (CLE)
    F Tyrus Thomas (CHA)
    G Devin Harris (NJN)
    FG Corey Maggette (GSW)
    CF JaVale McGee (WAS)
    G Louis Williams (PHI)
    FG Paul Pierce (BOS)
    G Rodrigue Beaubois (DAL)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Skaut_Ech For This Useful Post:

Please put me down on the waiting list for an expansion team/taking up a team someone else drops. I'm an active owner in the other keeper league, have won a couple titles over there, and am always looking for more fantasy basketball.
    2010 IKL Fantasy Basketball Champion Baltimore Bulldogs

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Thanks for all the hard work, Scott! It's very much appreciated .

Can I make one suggestion though? Wouldn't it be wiser to move the expansion draft to an earlier date somewhere in september? Personally, I'm waiting to see what the new teams are going to look like before I'll even consider starting any serious trade talks what so ever.

And I probably won't be the only one with that line of thinking, especially considering which players are going to be in those teams. I'm thinking that if you only leave two weeks in between the expansion draft and the regular draft there won't be time to probe possible scenario's as I probably would like too, especially as some owners could be away for several days or not (yet) looking at their mails regarding the League everyday.

So, basically is moving the expansion draft forward an option anyone would be interested in aswell?

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Another small suggestion:

Given that the expansion owner that takes the first pick in the expansion draft has a clear advantage over say the last team making it's first expansion draft pick. That's reversed in the second round and so on, but given the strength of the absolute best players we are talking about wouldn't it be more fair to reverse that order also in the normal draft and give "new owner" the 16th pick, SIG the 17th pick, etc and then for the second round reverse it amongst expansion owners and so on.

I think this would prevent the expansion team with it's first expansion pick (James) also getting the first/highest normal draft pick amongst expansion teams and atleast increase the chances of having more "equal" teams in talent amongst the expansion teams.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

i agree with Mourning's suggestion regarding the expansion team's picks. They do not have any records at the moment so they should not be held to a single slot during the picks for 10,11 and 12th players.

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another small suggestion:

Given that the expansion owner that takes the first pick in the expansion draft has a clear advantage over say the last team making it's first expansion draft pick. That's reversed in the second round and so on, but given the strength of the absolute best players we are talking about wouldn't it be more fair to reverse that order also in the normal draft and give "new owner" the 16th pick, SIG the 17th pick, etc and then for the second round reverse it amongst expansion owners and so on.

I think this would prevent the expansion team with it's first expansion pick (James) also getting the first/highest normal draft pick amongst expansion teams and atleast increase the chances of having more "equal" teams in talent amongst the expansion teams.
    Sounds good to me. We'll put it up for a vote and see what everyone, especially the new owners, think.

As to moving the expansion draft earlier, let's hear what everyone thinks.

Doesn't matter to me. On one hand, I think a two week window will help goose owners who like to sit on offers forever and force them to make a choice with the real draft looming, but then I can see giving owners more time to mull over offers and assess things.

Whadda you guy think about this stuff?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Skaut_Ech For This Useful Post:

Won't matter much to me. I select in the middle of the rounds & to be honest my team isn't that deep so I doubt I'll have much to offer, trade wise.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think both proposals are sound. Anything that moves up the expansion draft date for me is good. Also agree thatthe regular draft order should be reversed and have a snaking order.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think the regular draft should snake. I just think the expansion teams should be reversed from whoever goes first in the expansion draft.

i think in the regular draft only the expansion teams reverse order like they do in the expansion draft - other teams pick according to their record.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think both proposals are sound. Anything that moves up the expansion draft date for me is good. Also agree thatthe regular draft order should be reversed and have a snaking order.
    ah, sorry. that's what i meant. snaking only for the expansion teams

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

I'll trade any of my players for picks. The rebuild has begun.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

I sent a PM for a prospective final owner. If he accepts, we'll try and get things going in terms of the expansion draft.

One thing I wanted to run by you guys, which I'll address in the group email I'm sending out. (I decided to wait until we fill our final slot before sending it out), is personally, I think the snaking idea for not only good for the expansion draft, but for the regular draft, too, in terms of the new owners. Makes sense to me. I'll put it up for a vote in the group email.

Secondly, I'd like to have the expansion draft as soon as possible, so there is some lead time for trading before the actual draft. To that effect, let me know what you think about this:

I think the expansion draft should involve the new owners drafting to fill their rosters to 12 players. That way everyone is on equal footing. Following their draft, we'll set a date to submit the 9 man rosters/protected players and set a draft date.

FYI, I will be out of town Oct 21-24. My personal early vote is for the draft to be the weekend of 16/17. That allows a good week to access your roster and make any deals before the real NBA season starts on October 26th.

Thoughts?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Skaut_Ech For This Useful Post:

Sounds good Scott. I agree about moving the expansion draft up too.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

everything sounds good. i wouldn't mind at least a 3 week gap between the regular draft and the expansion draft so that trading can be done w/o being rushed. so somewhere in mid-september should be nice. anything even earlier than that would be super.

But snaking the normal draft would mean I get the #1 pick and then the #40 and #41 picks, correct?

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

I think he only intends to snake the new guys. You'll get #1 and # 21.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

yes only us newbs will be snaked up

so the teams 18,19,20 or however we maybe snaked up in those bottom dwelling positions...

Oops! Sorry, Scott, I misread your post a bit. Totally cool with the proposals.

Great thread and agree with all, now Mourning, talk of a trade maybe ?

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just saw this thread . The pc I've used for 7 years fried this weekend- I need the site address for the league. Thanks for the update Scott . I'm a little lost on the regular draft will I be picking 16th or 20th? Thanks for help.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As for the #1 pick in the expansion draft I doubt I take Lebron James . Thank you Jose.
    Last edited by diamonddave00; 08-25-2010 at 09:39 AM.