Thread: The Shield question (do not enter if you don't know how it ends)

Mood

Default The Shield question (do not enter if you don't know how it ends)

You've been warned.

Moving on, here's what I'm wondering.

Can Ronnie file a civil suit against Vic over anything Vic may have gotten Ronnie involved with?

Is there a case there at all? If there is, does Ronnie legally have the right to sue?

If Ronnie were to a win a civil suit against Vic, what might Ronnie be awarded?

My initial thought is he's legally allowed, generally speaking, but that he probably doesn't have a case since he willingly went along with most/all of their "adventures".

But my thought was also that maybe this is the only way Ronnie might get some payback on Vic for Vic leaving him out to dry.

Default Re: The Shield question (do not enter if you don't know how it ends)

My Smart @ss answer would be, it's a TV show so of course he has not legal right to sue.

Now not being a smart @ss I will say this as a person who is not a lawyer but as a person who works in a field where we are sued often.

You can sue anybody for anything. Doesn't mean you will win, doesn't mean it will ever see the light of day of a court room. The civil courts are flooded with tons and I mean tons of civil suits being brought forth by people in jail. You would be suprised at how far some of their claims get btw.

My guess about this particular case would be this. First no real lawyer will take this case because it is not a money maker and obviously Ronnie would have no access to funds so he would have to file the case himself.

If he took the time to learn how to file the suit my guess is that the judge throws it out.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13