Thread: Remodeling Day 0.5

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Remodeling Day 0.5

We've lived here 20 years. built the house but never really liked our design and heavens knows, we've NEVER liked any colors we've picked out for the interior.

We went to Porter Paints and hired their consultant....$50 and that is applied to the paint we buy. The consultant came out last week and advised us on color combinations. My wife, never trusting anything, finally broke down and bought sampler quarts of the colors. To say the least, we are flabbergasted. We really like what he consultant said. $10 a gallon off and the $50 refund on the consultant Plus $350, we now have our paint for the Living Room, dining room, kitchen, entry way, front hall, our bedroom, and bath. The wife paints, I load the brushes, fill the trays, and move the tarps and furniture.
    Today: I have never really liked my fireplace hearth I built or the tile I finished the FP with. I just spent about 2 hrs tearing out the old hearth and tile surround. I am going to replace the old with a new stained wood hearth with Pennsylvania blue slate for the surface. THe slate is in three 1 1/4" pieces which will be arrainged with genuine fossils (brachiopods etc) from southern Indiana. The new fireplace face I haven't decided on but it will come together. New carpet is also being ordered and then we will get the furniture we have been wanting for about 15 years.

Some of this is fun...but I am sweating like a pig at a weiner roast.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

Default Re: Remodeling Day 0.5

Geezer... When you get done there what time do you want to start here on my place?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Geezer... When you get done there what time do you want to start here on my place?
    You go ahead and get started, I'll be right there.

When all of this is done, I have a secret project in mind for my own pleasure. I have a bonus room above the garage that used to be my art/music/gun room. Over the years it has evolved into a junk room and I want to reclaim it. I envision at least one wall redone in redwood planking and the overall ultimate feel to be that of a log cabin....complete with a deer head and primitive accessories.......and a new tv so I can occasionally see MY shows.

But all that comes last.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    You go ahead and get started, I'll be right there.

When all of this is done, I have a secret project in mind for my own pleasure. I have a bonus room above the garage that used to be my art/music/gun room. Over the years it has evolved into a junk room and I want to reclaim it. I envision at least one wall redone in redwood planking and the overall ultimate feel to be that of a log cabin....complete with a deer head and primitive accessories.......and a new tv so I can occasionally see MY shows.

But all that comes last.
    Geezer's Man Cave!

Don't forget the apartment sized fridge stocked with you favorite beverage (be it iced tea, cola, or something you have to be 21 to buy).
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Geezer's Man Cave!

Don't forget the apartment sized fridge stocked with you favorite beverage (be it iced tea, cola, or something you have to be 21 to buy).
    Man Caves are in the basement. Geezer is onto a completely new trend. The Man Loft!

On second thought that sounds like a really strange powerlifting even that you want no part of...

Mood

and ashtrays for cigars.

Grrr the new hearth didn't stain evenly. There is a 3" wide strip from top to bottom that appears as tho a packing strap compressed the wood grain. That area stains lighter than the rest.

The good news is the mainroom wallpaper came off with no trouble. I like easy jobs like that.

bottle opener in geezer's man loft:

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Mood

We had to open windows today because of paint odor.....da Mrs doesn't like it. It didn't take long for the humidity to infiltrate and slow the work way down. Dang! How do you guys that work outdoors do it all the time? Nevermind, I used to bale hay.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    bottle opener in geezer's man loft:

Something about that just destroys the desire for beer. So I should get one and keep the beer for myself