Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: People forget Ron may have struggled...but so DID PACERS!!!

  1. #1
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    25
    Posts
    17,541

    Default Re: People forget Ron may have struggled...but so DID PACERS!!!

    We struggled because we were poor outside shooters, and if your going to beat Detriot's D, good outside shooting is a must.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  2. #2

    Default Re: People forget Ron may have struggled...but so DID PACERS!!!

    I don't think injuries were a major deciding factor in the Eastern Conference Finals.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,259

    Default Re: People forget Ron may have struggled...but so DID PACERS!!!

    I think you could make the case that a big reason that the Pacer's struggled was because Ron was struggling -- not necessarily the other way around.

  4. #4

    Default Re: People forget Ron may have struggled...but so DID PACERS!!!

    Stop.

  5. #5

    Default Re: People forget Ron may have struggled...but so DID PACERS!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bulletproof
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stop.
    Hammertime!



  6. #6
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    25
    Posts
    17,541

    Default Re: People forget Ron may have struggled...but so DID PACERS!!!

    Go.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  7. #7
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    25
    Posts
    17,541

    Default Re: People forget Ron may have struggled...but so DID PACERS!!!

    the pacers struggling when artest does arguement does have some merit to it. When we won, artest averaged 20. When we lost, 14. Our winning percentage when artest scored 20+ was insane, that percentage put to 82 games was a 71-11 record.

    EDIT - , i just combined two stats, and they seem to contradict each other almost. I am sure that both are correct. Odd, huh?
    [edit=424=1092109750][/edit]
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  8. #8
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,698

    Default Re: People forget Ron may have struggled...but so DID PACERS!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by kerosene
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletproof
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stop.
    Hammertime!



    That was the first thing that popped into my head, too........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  9. #9
    Banned JOneal7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,448

    Default Re: People forget Ron may have struggled...but so DID PACERS!!!

    indeed it did. JO was being a warrior out there. And we were in it till the end in Detroit in game 6. Sure ron made that bonehead play, but ask yourself this, if we don't have ron, and it's peja...are we even there? I highly doubt it. Because they could easily devise a plan to stop him.

  10. #10

    Default I blame refs :p Not really, but they were a factor

    Quote Originally Posted by XxSaSsXx31
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by MSA2CF
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think injuries were a major deciding factor in the Eastern Conference Finals.
    injuries were a very huge factor in deciding the E.C. Finals. With a healthy j.O. and Tinsley Pacers would have been NBA Champs. Going back to Indy with a very badly injured J.O. and Tinsley for Game 5 cost us the series.
    I disagree.

  11. #11

    Default Re: People forget Ron may have struggled...but so DID PACERS!!!

    Woulda, coulda, shoulda...But not. That's a fact & I hope the 04-05 Pacers realize that this is the year to win the title.

    GO PACERS!

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,552

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: People forget Ron may have struggled...but so DID PACERS!!!

    I think you need to change your statement.

    The Pacers MAY HAVE been champs if not for injuries.

    There are other, more major factors that played a part:
    1. Inconsistent / nonexistent perimeter shooting.
    2. An inability to keep Rasheed off the boards at critical moments. I.e. a refusal on the part of our superstar to block out.
    3. An inability to prevent Rasheed from hitting open jumpers on the baseline in critical moments.

    There was enough "blame" to go around. But basically, we were beaten by a MORE CONSISTENT team.

    They consistently penetrated the lane, they consistently got points when they desperately needed them and they consistently prevented us from scoring points at critical points in Q4.

    I'm not necessarily saying Detroit is a better team, because the teams were very evenly matched. But there is no argument that they played better when both teams had to dig down deep.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •