If New Orleans really doesn't want to spend the money to build a contending team around Chris Paul, then they have to try to trade him. Although the rumors have him wanting to go to NY, Orlando, etc, he does not have a real say in where they send him. As long as I am dreaming let's see what the Pacers could do.

Indiana sends:
Troy Murphy
Danny Granger
TJ Ford

New Orleans sends:
Chris Paul
Emeka Okafor

New Orleans gets $20 Million in expiring contracts and local guy Danny Granger. I hate giving up Danny but the addition of Paul is too great to pass up.

We have all read the reference Paul made to playing in NY with Carmelo. Apparently they are good friends and Carmelo can opt out of his contract after this year. If Denver does not believe that they can keep him, could we then entice them to do a sign and trade?

Indiana sends:
Mike Dunleavy
Jeff Foster
Paul George (or Brandon Rush)

Denver sends:
Carmelo Anthony

Denver gets $17 Million in expiring contracts and possible future star in George.

We would have to include draft picks in both deals which would certainly hurt. But this would be our team:

PG - Paul, Price
SG - Rush, Stephenson, Jones
SF - Anthony
PF - Okafor, Hansborough, Rolle
C - Hibbert, McRoberts

It still needs some filling out but the wing is one of the easiest positions to fill. This puts our payroll at under $60 million for this year and next, and just $45 mil for 2012/13. This franchise has shown that it can produce a winning product before. Players want to win, to get paid well while doing it, and to get the publicity too. Payton Manning has shown that even in Indianapolis, you can get the pub that these guys crave.

If New Orleans and Denver are struggling this year, then I could see this scenerio being a possibility as we approach the trade deadline in February. What do you think? Is it only a dream?

Allsmiles