Just for fun, these are my rankings:
1. Lakers- 2x defending champs
2. Thunder- every core player is back
3. Phoenix- still have Nash, and Robin Lopez will fill in well for Amare.
4. Dallas- super talented group that needs to put it together in the playoffs
5. Denver- losing their coach last year really affected this team. Interested to see how Al harrington fits in.
6. Utah- lost Boozer, but got younger with Al Jefferson
7. San Antonio- still a veteran team with that knows how to win
8. Houston- the return of Yao means a return to the playoffs
9. Portland- a good, young core of players. If Oden ever pans out they could contend in the west.
10. Memphis- If Gay and Mayo continue their development, they could sneak in the playoffs.
11. New Orleans- Besides Chris Paul, not a whole lot to get excited about.
12. Golden State- a talented group needs to learn how to win and D up.
13. Clippers- On paper they could compete for one of the final playoff spots. Their success depends on how good Blake Griffin is.
14. Kings- could be a team on the rise with the Evans and Cousins duo.
15. Minnesota- not really sure what they are trying to do. Need Rubio if they want to improve.