Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LeBron James' Mother Gloria's Alleged Affair with Delonte West May Have Changed the Course of NBA History

Banned

Default LeBron James' Mother Gloria's Alleged Affair with Delonte West May Have Changed the Course of NBA History

This is what I been thinking all along, by reading this do we kind of understand were Lebron is coming from and why he did not resign with Cleveland? were they keeping this secret from him? that seems the reason why he did not resigned with Cleveland and did not sign with New York or Chicago.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ed.html?cat=14

LeBron James' Mother Gloria's Alleged Affair with Delonte West May Have Changed the Course of NBA History

ESPN's Colin Cowherd Claims an Embarrassing Personal Situation Will Keep the King from Playing in New York City
    LeBron James' mother, Gloria James, is, according to one theory, one of the key reasons why James has decided not to play in New York City with the New York Knicks.

ESPN host Colin Cowherd said on his radio show today that Gloria James has been involved in a potentially embarrassing situation; a situation that Cowherd claims the New York Post was set to report on
    before being 'begged' not to by representatives of LeBron.

Cowherd said that he was prohibited by his network, ESPN, from discussing the specifics of the situation. He said only that New York Post writers had staked out Gloria James' house and presumably had embarrassing information concerning her. Cowherd's take on it was that James realized that living life in the big city fishbowl that is New York City would have created too much of a risk of embarrassment for him and his mother, with whom he is very close. Cleveland media, on the other hand, is much more protective of its local athletes.

While Cowherd had to stop short of saying it, it seemed very likely that the story that he was referring to was Gloria James' alleged sexual affair with LeBron's teammate Delonte West. It has been said by many, including NBA Hall of Famer Calvin Murphy, that West and Gloria James had a sexual affair that lasted for an unspecified amount of time.

As the story goes, LeBron James found out about the affair during Cleveland's conference final playoff series against the Boston Celtics, and was too stunned to focus and play at anywhere near the level he is normally capable of. His performance did fall dramatically short during that series and was the key reason that the Cavaliers lost to the Celtics.

While New York City is widely thought to have a huge advantage in attracting free agent athletes due to its bright lights and sheer size, the downside to playing in New York City, particularly for those trying to protect family members, is probably under-reported at times. As the nation's largest city, New York has a fiercely competitive media and athletes' personal lives are often considered fair game.

If what Colin Cowherd is reporting is accurate, this is the classic example of the double edged sword of the bright lights, big city mentality in the Big Apple. While many are attracted to it and end up loving it
    (see Reggie Jackson in a previous generation), many more have a very difficult time adjusting to it and living their lives in normalcy.

Of course, if Gloria James' alleged affair with Delonte West really happened, one wonders what she is thinking tonight as it may well have played a large part in preventing LeBron James from playing in the biggest market in the country with one of the NBA's signature teams in the world's most famous arena, Madison Square Garden.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: LeBron James' Mother Gloria's Alleged Affair with Delonte West May Have Changed the Course of NBA History

So does this mean Pat Riley and Co. will retire Delonte's number to the rafters next summer if they win the title? They at least should send him a ring.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

Default Re: LeBron James' Mother Gloria's Alleged Affair with Delonte West May Have Changed the Course of NBA History

just b/c this has popped up on here several times:

i looked into it after hearing about it, and it is pretty clear that the Delonte West-LeMom "affair" is bogus...it's just one of those things that someone made up and spread on the Net.

Sports Logo

All I'm saying is that Lebron's Mom better be really good looking. If the alleged affair is true, how desperate is Delonte or how good looking is Lebron's Mom for Delonte to even consider even doing any of this
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    just b/c this has popped up on here several times:

i looked into it after hearing about it, and it is pretty clear that the Delonte West-LeMom "affair" is bogus...it's just one of those things that someone made up and spread on the Net.
    Im not sure if is bogus, all the things that happened during the playoffs were kind of weird, to me it seems like everybody in Cleveland(the team) knew about this but Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    All I'm saying is that Lebron's Mom better be really good looking. If the alleged affair is true, how desperate is Delonte or how good looking is Lebron's Mom for Delonte to even consider even doing any of this
    She is not that old I think she is in her 40th's.

The article is from July 8th

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

I'm surprised this hasn't been deleted by the mods I remember posting about this topic a while back.

That being said I believe its true and LeBron's mom isn't that old she had LeBron when she was 15.

What? Like West is some great prize, himself?

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    What? Like West is some great prize, himself?
    LMAO,

Dont sleep Tom, maybe the sweet combination of multiple guns and a motorcycle was just too tempting for her

Hey it gave Delonte one more assist that night
    Sittin on top of the world!

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Im not sure if is bogus, all the things that happened during the playoffs were kind of weird, to me it seems like everybody in Cleveland(the team) knew about this but Lebron.

She is not that old I think she is in her 40th's.
    On behalf of everyone who is 40 or older I would like to thank you.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Is Lebron's mother 'married'? Why is this called an 'affair'? If she's not married or seriously involved with someone then what's the big deal if she's dating one of Lebron's teammates or any NBA player?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I believe LeBron was gone before this even came up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Is Lebron's mother 'married'? Why is this called an 'affair'? If she's not married or seriously involved with someone then what's the big deal if she's dating one of Lebron's teammates or any NBA player?
    Because it's a big social no-no, perhaps?

There's a reason why there are "Your momma jokes." Sleeping with someone's mom is a pretty big ***** slap to the face of their children. If it was some random guy, it's not a big deal. But the guy was his teammate, and probably "friend" until all of it went down.

If one of my friends slept with my mom (Ick...) there would definately be someone leaving with a black eye. Either them or me.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    I'm surprised this hasn't been deleted by the mods I remember posting about this topic a while back.

That being said I believe its true and LeBron's mom isn't that old she had LeBron when she was 15.
    Sorry about that. At the time it seemed like tabloid stuff that likely wasn't true, but this story hasn't exactly died, so I'm now riding on the assumption that there really is something to it. My apologies.

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    On behalf of everyone who is 40 or older I would like to thank you.
    No diggity!!!!
    Sittin on top of the world!

Anyone else find it extremely creepy that Lebron looks just like his mother..just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    At the time it seemed like tabloid stuff that likely wasn't true, but this story hasn't exactly died
    Yeah, it's super-weird that this has just sat there... the story hasn't grown and it hasn't died. It's just lingered.

I still don't think I'm ready to assume it's true, but it is bizarre.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    I believe LeBron was gone before this even came up.

No this story leaked after the Cavs were eliminated from the playoffs. Someone who worked at the Q started spreading the word. Apparently LeBron found out after Game 3 of the Celtics/Cavs series. Then Delonte's minutes started to go down. It was about to go away until Calvin Murphy brought it up on a radio show saying its true and that he and LeBron were the last to know.

And that there was another teammate.

And its be like "this" ever since.

His mudder was a mudder.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

this debunked it, at least for me

http://deadspin.com/5544653/anatomy-...ory-went-viral

In the day, most bars were opened until 4AM. Most of the player's didn't go out until after 11PM or later. When the booze starts flowing, all the women look good......especially at closing times. And, who knows, she probably made the MOvE on Delonte. Like an old gal once told me, who wants an old man when a young stud is in the club.....needless to say, I was that young stud....heh heh heh

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

In case everybody doesn't know this already...Delonte is nuts.

Anybody else find it an odd coincidence he was caught speeding in a motorcycle on the highway with a handful of loaded firearms just before training camp? Who wants to guess what made him snap?
    Last edited by Kstat; 07-27-2010 at 06:46 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    In case everybody doesn't know this already...Delonte is nuts.

Anybody else find it an odd coincidence he was caught speeding in a motorcycle on the highway with a handful of loaded firearms just before training camp? Who wants to guess what made him snap?
    what do you think that made him snap? I think I have an idea

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    what do you think that made him snap? I think I have an idea
    yes, he is bipolar and likely doesn't take his meds.
    Last edited by speakout4; 07-27-2010 at 06:53 PM.